clomid club

Hi, please can you help me. I have not had a cycle since stopping the pill in Jan. Had a slight bleed April 8th, but nothing since. Visited doctor today, bloods ok he says. He said I couldnt have provera as you have to take that on CD21 and I dont have a cycle. He has therefore prescribed me with 50mg Clomid for 5 days. As I dont have a cycle should I just take it whenever??

Also he was adamant I should use a condom for 3 weeks following due to risk of multiple births but reading on here everyone seems to be BD'ing regardless. I am really confused, what am I supposed to do with this? Sorry to sound dumb x

I go on holiday 3rd-10th July, do you think I should wait until i get back to take it as I dont want AF while away.

Emmm, confusing info indeed. Multiple pregnancies are a risk with Clomid whether its your first cycle of 6th! Unless, he is just wanting you to take it for a month to try and kick start your AFs? Then hopefully conceive naturally. It really is up to you if you are happy to risk a multiple birth, I know most are thankful to get a BFP so aren't too worried about it.

It's really up to you when you take it as well, cycles on Clomid vary from 24-65 days from what I've seen on here so its pot luck when your AF may start I think.

Somebody with more experience may be able to advise more, I hope that helps at least helps a little.

Best of luck! Keep us posted xo

Girls - can I vent please?! On CD25 of a 33-34 day cycle and I'm ready to kill things! This is cycle 4 of Clomid I am on and I am finding the side-effects harder and more pronounced each cycle. My BBS are tingling and tender, bloated, loads of watery CM, I'm very emotional and have been drinking rescue remedy never mind sip it. DH is on red alert bless him :-(. Not even thinking it could be positive signs as too scared and its at least another few days before I dare test again.

Has anybody else found their symptoms getting worse as they go on? I don't know if I could face another 2 cycles if I think its going to get worse. I'm also interested to hear if people only feel side-effects when actually taking the meds or throughout their cycles?

Trying to stay sane and not kill the DH..... xo

Aw thanks Curly Wurly. Yes I think his aim was to just kick start my cycle and then let me try and conceive naturally. I am just going to go for it and try and BD every other day from then on til I get a period or hopefully a BFP!! :) Best of luck to you. x Dont think I'll take til after holiday so I dont have shitty side effects.

EMYJC - Sorry not really able to help, as I'm taking clomid in spite of regular period and ovulating.
CURLYWURLY - I've started my 2nd cycle and I must say 1ww was worse for side effects than 1st. I've had tons of CM, I felt increadibly bloated, I couldn't fit into any of my trousers and was sooo constipated, it all eased of on 2ww. But overal I'd say everything was more exaggerated. Even my PMT hormones went through the roof. I really hope it won't be getting worse with each cycle!
SASSYGIRL - No, I haven't gained any weight. I was bloated as I said at one point but it was gone again.
BIZZYBEE - Good luck with your acupunture!
HAYLEY - Thank you. There we go again. Everything differs, depend who you see. My FS was so adamant that you can't take more than 6 cycles in your lifetime!! Good luck with IUI!!
HONEYBUNS72 - It's getting worse as numbers grow bigger! I'm now on my 27 or 29 cycle since our 2nd m/c. I've lost the count now! I'm sure as you get to the new cycle the new hope will emerge when you remember what it is that you are trying for!

Good luck to everyone else. MOMMYSIERRA, LOUISERAID, BEBECAKE and everone else I haven't mentioned!! May was such a great month for BFPs in this section and lots of them were Clomid, so FX for ous all!!!:hug:

help.!!! my doc has given me a 3 month supply of clomid 50mg and 3 month supply of norethisterone and basically sent meaway and said if that doesnt work well have to refer you to a gynea. help! i no have to take a norethisterone 3 times daily for 10 days to induce a period then to take clomid from day 2 for 5 days and thats literallyit.

i dont no what else,hes not getting me checked or anything and i dont no when i 'should' ovulate while being on clomid or anythin :-s

help.!!! my doc has given me a 3 month supply of clomid 50mg and 3 month supply of norethisterone and basically sent meaway and said if that doesnt work well have to refer you to a gynea. help! i no have to take a norethisterone 3 times daily for 10 days to induce a period then to take clomid from day 2 for 5 days and thats literallyit.

i dont no what else,hes not getting me checked or anything and i dont no when i 'should' ovulate while being on clomid or anythin :-s

Hey Manchester, try not to panic, although I know that's easy said when this is all thrust at you. GPs work differently across the country, I was sent to gynae and my treatment is through them. Have you had any tests done at all? Like why has he prescribed this in the first place? Have you been diagnosed with anything or just lack of AFs?

I normally get a 21day blood test to confirm if I have ovulated, but that obviously after ovulation has taken place which varies for every person but is normally around CD12-18. I've only just joined here as well and it is really worthwhile spending a couple of hours going through the TTC and LTTTC threads as there's loads of advice on there when to calculate you will ovulate, tests and checks to see if you are about to or are ovulating.

This is one of the links I have picked up through here;

https://babymed.com/tools/fertility/clomid/Default.aspx

Use it in conjunction with OPKs and taking your temp. The lessons that are emailed from this site are great too and it shows you how to start charting etc - https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

I've just starting charting so dont worry I still find a lot of this confusing too!

Best of luck honey, please ask more if need be, thats why we're all here :hug:

xo

thanks curly wurly.

was diagnosed with pcos when i was about 14, only had 3 or 4 AF's in last 12 months.

i am going to start charting from tomorrow.

i hope i get my BFP on first round of clomid!!

xxxxxxxx

:cry: Good Afternoon Ladies,
Well I am officially out for this month that :witch: just started and my cramps are getting worse...I feel horrible, but its not like I didn't know it was coming, I was cramping for a few days...I am seeing my FS next Friday and I am not sure if I want to do my final month of Clomid before officially taking my break (which I really want to start as of now :cry:)...Good Luck to those still in the running I have my fingers crossed...:hugs:

good luck!! you may as well do the last month as you never no you could get your bfp!!
xxxxxxx

MommySierra - so sorry about :witch: turning up! I understand you want to take a break from it all, after my 3years I feel this way every single failed cycle.:hissy: But you never know, was it Puddleduck who got pregnant on her last cycle??
Manchester - I'm sorry I don't have PCOS, so can't be of help, but wishing you Good luck with your 1st cycle, hopefully it will be the last one too!

Hey All-

What's your opinion on clomid and exercise? I have a personal trainer I see 3 times per week. Do you think this is wise to continue? I have read mixed views on opinions regarding exercise and fertility drugs.

Thanks!

when i spoke tomy dietician she says that excercise increases fertility!!!!

:hugs: sorry MommySierra. We'll miss you while you're on break. Good luck hun.

:hi: to the newest members. Welcome!

hiya guys, finished my first 5tablets! i had to start taking them on 2nd day of cycle... maybe getting my hopes up too high!! not really likely to happen this month! but i dont have regular periods so not sure when next month to start taking my clomid?! or maybe period will come if clomids working??! its so confusing!! xxx

i also feel the same,i hope the first round of clomid works for you then you wont have to worry about the second! xxx

:cry: Good Afternoon Ladies,
Well I am officially out for this month that :witch: just started and my cramps are getting worse...I feel horrible, but its not like I didn't know it was coming, I was cramping for a few days...I am seeing my FS next Friday and I am not sure if I want to do my final month of Clomid before officially taking my break (which I really want to start as of now :cry:)...Good Luck to those still in the running I have my fingers crossed...:hugs:

Aww :hugs: mommysierra......sorry to hear that.....:hugs:

Good luck for friday honey and am thinking maybe the break would do you good.....it's so hard being disapointed month after month isn't if love and there's no reason why you can't take the last cycle once you've recharged your batteries anyway...:hugs: I know I'm going to enjoy a couple of month break and then maybe in september try again till christmas......I'll have to see how I feel.....am looking forward to just being me for a bit you know......:dohh:

Take care sweetie.....xxx

Clomid definitely regulated my cycle, so hopefully it will do the same for you. I went from having 46-72 day cycles to 36 days on my first cycle of Clomid.

Hi girls, do any of you get phantom pregnancy symptoms on Clomid? I'm beginning to drive myself mad as I have had the itchiest bbs and nipples for the past week, am super emotional, nauseous at times and when I was at a wedding yesterday the unfortunate smell of a farmer spraying slurry near the hotel turned me so much all day folks were asking if I was preggers. My AF is due this Friday and I did a First Response test this morning which was a :bfn:. I don't 'feel' pregnant but these symptoms are doing my head in.

Probable reasons I'm trying to convince myself are 1. allergic to washing liquid so bras just driving bbs nuts, 2. rest PMT (although I never get much and never like this!).

Any opinions welcome xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->