clomid club

Emily, that's fantastic news. Long cycles are so frustrating, so it's good to know that Clomid is fixing them.

Glad you're feeling better lioness. Although there are some days that I just can't take it, I really try to stay positive each cycle. It's the only thing that gets me through it!

Hi Helen. :hi: Your son is adorable. Hope you get a bfp really soon!

hi can i join your club please? im starting clomid today. i have taken it before for 6 months but i failed to concieve on it. ive just had a lap done so my gyno put me back on it for another 4 months because he believes i will concieve now ive had most of my endo removed! i only had the lap done 2 weeks ago has anybody else started clomid so close to having the op done?

:dust:

:laugh2: Lioness - PMA = Positivive Mental Attitude.

I'm gonna get back on it in 2 months!!! For now, I'm going to enjoy some well deserved vino!!!!!

Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!! x x x x

Welcome dinky! Hope it's successful this time...

Good luck kstan. We'll miss you! xx

Hi, everyone. I am on my first month of clomid just finished taking the last one on monday the 13th of July. I have PCOS, had a laparoscopy, dye and ovarian drilling in Feb 09. I couldn't tell to many of the side effects as from cd5 I got the flu( not the swine:D) and I just stayed in bed. Temperature, hot flushes, headaches....could have all been due to the flu. Anyway, I am booked for next week dpo 16 for the scan. Do you know anything about the size of the follicles? How big do they have do be?How many?

Good luck to all of us!

sorry i cant help you with follicles happy, good luck any way, Bit gutted today had a neg opk :( thought id get a pos as i did on this day last cycle, generally feeling rubbish today headaches and nauseas bleurghhh!!

Clomid is driving me crazy this month..i had no side effects last month, but now I feel like i'm going crazy!!!!! DH is being very patient with me...but he also said he thinks i'm losing it!!!!

keepingfaith your not alone. This was my first month on clomid and around ov i was crazy :loopy: My dh found it highly amusing as wasn't myself for 5 days just completely intolerable of anything and anyone and really inpatient :dohh:

Thanks for all your support kstan. Enjoy your vino...you will probably conceive naturally due to the vino anyway...my GP recommended more alcohol not less ... hehehe :rofl: Let us know how your going and good luck :)

Hi dinky, I had my lap done (they located and removed endo) in May this year. I started my first round of Clomid last cycle (June) and I am now into my second cycle. For me AF didn't show up until 6 weeks after op so I used that time for my body to heal and recover. Fingers crossed we get our BFP sooner than later.

Sorry to hear some of you have been getting some side effects that make you feel like you are going crazy. For me, so far I have noticed increased sense of smell - leading to some nausea at times (not often), teary and sore nips nearing AF time. I take my Clomid at night to try and minimise any side effects.

I also take Clomid before bed and haven't had any side effects, thankfully. The prometrium makes me a little dizzy if I wake up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom though.

Morning ladies, well still no pos opk :( i dont know if its because clomid hasnt had an effect this month or its because i used a differetn brand of opks either way will have to wait and see. How you all getting on xx

Emilybee don't give up. It's still possible to have ov but you just didn't catch it on the OPK. It happened to me last november. I tested all the right days 2 times a day, didn't get anything on the OPK and 7th of December I was pg.(unfortunately I m/c a week later). It is possible, last month I got 2 days of +OPK and a BFN at the end of the 2ww, so there you are...u can't rely entirely on this sign.Fingers crossed for you.

Did you have any side effects from clomid? It's my first round days 2-6 and it's day 14 today and I am a witch from hell. I am so cross and angry and I cry so easy.yesterday I had a huge headache and a fight with my DH for no reason, just picked a fight over stupid things. Anyway, luckily he knows about it and eas understanding.Did u have any? Did they go on for lots of days? some days I am fine!

well girls, here I am! The witch arrived after being tempted to come over by provera. Its my first clomid cycle since 2005, so who knows? This is technically cycle 10, have done 9 in the past :O doing 50mg days 2-6, and crossing fingers it'll be quick and easy. I never tried taking it at night, but it sounds like a plan :)

looking forward to getting to know you all

Hi All, I wonder if you could help with some of my questions around clomid, my Gp has just put me on clomid as I have stopped ovulating since losing my baby in January (I have pcos & under active thyroid), I will start it on day 2 of my next period, however I have a few questions that he could not really say either way and wondered if anyone on here could help?

1) I notice a lot of you take it at night, why is that and is this the best time?
2) How long were you taking it before you noticed side effects?
3) I wont be having any scans etc so are the ovulation kits the best way to tell when I am ovulating?

Thanks and sorry if you have answered these questions already but ther are so many posts I kind of lost track of how far I had read..

1: because the side-effects are less noticeable that way

2: within about 6 hours I started getting ratty/easily upset

3: yep, start them about 3 afternoons after the last pill (they work better in the afternoon as thats when the LH surge usually is). On ebay you can buy low sensitivity ones for those with pcos (our levels are naturally high, and therefore we get false + alot)

Hey Ladies,
I have my HSG tomorrow...I was told to take benedryl and prednisone to avoid allergic reaction :cry: I am so scared, I have no idea what to expect and I think I made it worse by googling it

Welcome Sparkle! :hi: Hope you get a bfp really soon!

Hi Kiki, my Dr. said I could take it any time and I chose before bed because I had heard that there are less side effects (I already take my prenatal vits at bedtime due to nausea). I haven't really experiences any effects (other than being a little more emotional at times). I know it's working because my cycle has completely regulated since I started Clomid. Definitely use OPK's!

Nady, good luck tomorrow. Don't worry about what google said. I'm sure it will be fine and you'll have no problems. It was uncomfortable, but not too painful. I was told to take ibuprofin before, and that may have helped.

Hi ladies, I took my first round of clomid this month (50mg cd 3-7). It was fine, had some hot flashes, a little irritable but I warned my hubby way in advance!! Other than that so far so good. I'm on cycle day 24 of 25. Although I may have OV later, the OPK said Saturday the 11th, which i think means i may get af this Saturday...grrrr. I have symptoms (really sore bb with more veins than usual, bloated, pinkish/brown dc (off and on the last 2 days) and thats only ever happened once before af, eating like a horse, and on and off queasiness, hard tummy ect ect. Could be the witch is coming soon, my mind is playing reallllly mean tricks or I'm PG!!!
I hope this happens soon.....xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->