clomid club

Hi, May I join your group? I am on my third cycle using 50 mg Clomid. I spoke with my doctor this morning. She said after this cycle we have to talk about the "next steps" Anyone know what the second line of infertility treatments are? :help:

hiya girls,

i'm old hat at clomid it took 6 months worth to get rhys and i've been ttc since he was 8 weeks old, i'm currently on my second month back on clomid.

kiki, i ovulated on day 17 last month and i'm using th clearblue fertility monitor to pinpoint the day so i can :sex: at the right time. best of luck to you. just keep :sex: as much as you can for get do it every other day thing keep doing it everyday for two weeks in the middle of your cycle if you can its hard i know just get as many swimmers up there as you can lol.

reallyready dont even think about the next step hun concentrate on now, lots of positive thinking and loads of :sex:

if this is your 3rd month could up the doseage or give you another 3 months which is what they did with me last yr. what tests have you had done, have they done blood tests and scans.

xx

Thanks, Helen. You are so right. I should totally just focus on the now.
Here's my skinny: 39, never ttc before, been trying 14 months now, all tests show normal everything such as sperm count, motility, etc + lh levels, clear tubes, ovulation, etc. but still no pregnancy yet. Doctors "If it doesn't work this month, we need to talk about the next steps" sort of freaked me out. She's in such a rush always I didn't have time on phone to ask questions. She said I'm responding well to Clomid so I think she was surprised I'm not pregnant. Last cycle we did two IUIs with two follicles present.
Rhys is ADORABLE!
xxx

does anyone know what the likelyhood of twins is.

i only got a single with rhys but not sure what the statistics are

x

Thanks HappyBaby! :hugs: I have tested and got some faint lines a few days ago. My lines aren't getting any darker though, so I'm waiting to hear from the Dr. to see what's next. I'm worried, but trying to stay positive.

Welcome reallyready :hi: In the US, the next steps are typically IUI (which apparantly you've already done) and then IVF. Hopefully you won't have to worry about that because you'll get your bfp first! Good luck..

Helen, there's conflicting research but I believe I read that the normal chance of twins is 3-4%. Some research suggests that the chance with Clomid ranges from 5-10%.

does anyone know what the likelyhood of twins is.

i only got a single with rhys but not sure what the statistics are

x

I was told off the hospital that the chances of twins was 15-20% n triplets was very slim.

so is that a high then:shrug:, still confused lol. suppose it depends on age and dosage as well i'm presuming, never seen anyone on here who have taken clomid have twins, not yet anyway.

quick question,probably already been asked before-does any one take epo while on clomid? is it allowed?

Helen, My Dr told me there is a 1 to 3 % chance of twins on Clomid.

Bisybee, thanks, because I'm 39, we are doubling up efforts with clomid and iui early on. She'd said that after 3 cycles of clomid and 2 cycles of iui's we'd see from there. She's been really "pragmatic" about my chances of conceiving. Actually, I have to ignore her words sometimes and try to stay positive. If I'm not pg by Sept I think I'll be looking for a new RE/gyno. Can you recommend any in NY?

Thanks all!

I live in upstate NY, so I don't know of anyone in your area. I don't blame you for doubling your efforts, but you don't need a Dr. putting you down. It's great that you are staying positive. Hope everything works out and you get your bfp soon. xx

Well girls, it appears that I may have had a chemical because my lines have been disappearing the past few days. I am going to be out of town and I'll update you when I return next week. I hope I have good news to share... :hugs:

Hi Girls - does anyone know how soon after the HCG jab I'm likely to ovulate. I had it yesterday morning and still have some ovulation pain.

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks
xx

Good morning ladies....may i join you?

I started on 100mg Clomid yesterday. Am taking for late ovualtion and mild PCOS. And the fact that I'm 40 and my doc think we should "get a move on".:thumbup:

Lots of luck to all xx

hi ladies how are you all?

i had my transvaginal scan on friday cd13 and i had 1 follicle each side that were 14mm each my fs said they were to small and to have cd21 bloods took next week to see if i ovulated, if i havnt then they going to put my clomid up to 100mg next nonth.

ive read that some of you was asked back for a second scan a couple of days after to see if your follicles had grow and if they had you got the injection.

i wasnt asked back for a second scan could anyone explain why i wasnt asked back?

angie :baby:

Hi missus :hi:, those are definitely common side effects of Clomid. I take mine before bed and it doesn't bother me. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck this cycle... :dust:

Thanks! I will keep that in mind for next time hun.

This has probably been asked before but what does cd(number) and dpo stand for? Also how do you know when you ovulate? Are there any signs I should look out for? I'm all confused :shrug:

Thanks! xx

Hi missus :hi:, those are definitely common side effects of Clomid. I take mine before bed and it doesn't bother me. Hope you feel better soon. Good luck this cycle... :dust:

This has probably been asked before but what does cd(number) and dpo stand for? Also how do you know when you ovulate? Are there any signs I should look out for? I'm all confused :shrug:

Thanks! xx

hiya

dpo =days post ovulation, cd= cycle date?????

i use a clear blue fertility monitor to track my ovulation.

but there are lots of signs i only ise my monitor because my oh feels too much under pressure if i start taking temp etc,

taking temps daily, cervical mucus,ewcm=egg white ceviical mucus, cervix low and open, erm.... maybe ovulation pain or ache....

others maybe able to think of more.

good luck

x

Thanks! xx

hiya

dpo =days post ovulation, cd= cycle date?????

i use a clear blue fertility monitor to track my ovulation.

but there are lots of signs i only ise my monitor because my oh feels too much under pressure if i start taking temp etc,

taking temps daily, cervical mucus,ewcm=egg white ceviical mucus, cervix low and open, erm.... maybe ovulation pain or ache....

others maybe able to think of more.

good luck

x

Thanks for the info! Really do appreciate it! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member