clomid club

I also got a BFN with FMU, but still no sign what so ever of AF. so . . . . god knows whats going on in there!! lol

Sorry about the BFN ladies! Its crap and i hope you get it next month instead!

I'm on my last day of clomid this month and as i said in my journal i'm not really suffering with any side effects, no mood swings, no depression, no headaches. The only thing i still have is the funny lights in my eyes in the morning but that will be over with after tomorrow.

Does it mean anything if you don't have any symptoms?

It means your very lucky Millie!! :) If you're worried ask your Dr, but I think you're just one of the lucky ones!! :) good luck :hugs: x

Millie, I also didn't have any symptoms while I was taking the pill. They really all started after. The main symptom was hot flashes during the week after. And now I am super bloated and uncomfy in my tummy. But the clomid overstimulated my ovaries which I don't think happens to most people. Fingers crossed that all bad symptoms stay away for you.

Edited to add: I hope I didn't come across as negative. I just wasn't prepared for the bloating and ovary pain. I wish someone would have warned me that it was normal.

Millie - I didn't have any symptoms the first several cycles. This cycle though I have been getting headaches and feeling kinda spacy. I'm wondering if it is due to the increase this month on the Rx.

i havent had any side effects either.....which i was worried about, i kept thinking that if it was working than surely i should be getting side effects ......had 2 follicular scans done & i have 1 large follicule 20mm & a smaller one......she said to get busy lol as it could 'pop' out any time.....we are just gonna do it every other day up until my next scan next wed....that scan should confirm if i have ovulated or not...fingers crossed!!

Does anyone have any thoughts about the amount of clomid im taking?? im currently on my 1st cycle of 50mg....& as ive just said the nurse said i have 1 good follicule......which i know is good but do you think i should ask if my clomid should be increased next mth to 100mg?? i have my other 2 cycle mths amount at home, 50mg each.....i know i dont want to be overstimulating the ovary by taking too much & it does seem that everythings fine on the 50mg but i just wondered what happens if there isnt even an egg in this 1 follicule i have?? could my chances of producing 2 good sized follicules rather than just one be increased?? i know it only takes the 1 follicule but im only going to be given 3 cycles of clomid so wanna get it right if u know what i mean....

thanks 4 listening to me waffling on!! xxx

Dancingkaty, more than 1 follicle will have started to mature, but a 'lead' follicle will then take over. This is what happens to every 'normal' woman. More than one follicle taking the lead is not a desirable outcome. I would say that you are on the correct amount if you have one good follicle, but your fs should review all your follicle monitoring data and decide from that if you need to increase the dosage. Good luck :dust: xx

Maybe you should just speak to the dr and see what they say. I'm on 100mg but thats what my fs put me on from day 1. I would ask them when you have your scan.

thanks milliemoo & peach blossom.....yeah i will ask the nurse on wed when i have my scan.... im not due to see my fs til the end of jan now....all my 3 cycles of clomid will be over then so im hoping the nurse will be able to tell me on wed.....as that will be my last app to see anyone til i see my fs in jan as im only being monitored this cycle :( xx

Hi ladies!

Princess - No AF :yipee: :bfn: :hissy: Fingers crossed tomorrow is your big :bfp: day! xxx

Dancing Katy - You scan sounds EXACTLY like mine 2 large follies.. one 23mm and another 18mm to which she was very pleased. CD21 results where 74 so excellent result, nurse was very happy with my response to clomid. I think they'll be very happy with your response too. I dont think that they will up the dose if youre responding well as it will increase you chances of OHSS. Got my fingers crossed for you hun! xxx

Millie Moo - Sorry I think I stole all you nasty side effects... your just lucky... are you having a tracking scan??

Peach - Have you tested yet???

Sending everyone LOADS of luck!! :dust:

Hi,

I was recently given clomid along with met. I have started my first tablet today and feel a bit nauseous. Im only taking 50mg but I hope it works for me, mostly because I feel like Im taking enough medication as it is (clomid, met and thyroxine).

Just wondering, is a tracking scan a must when taking clomid? I havent been told to get that done and im kinda worried that maybe its something I should get done.

:hugs:

wooohhhooooo positive opk! didnt think it was gonna happen this month but yay!!

I been feeling quite rough past few days and when i thought about it was the same time as last month i was feeling ill but all good now!

Can i just ask do all of you get follicle tracing? Cos i dont :(

Emily - YAYYY for +OPK! Good luck! I dont think that everyone gets tracking scans I think it depends on your FS and PCT.

Sushai - I dont think that tracking scans are a must... but I do think that they are a fab idea! Really hope that the combination of MET/Clomid and thyroxine is a winner for you xxx

The witch has just got me!!! so start my clomid again tomorrow and go through the whole thing all over again :( minus the scan but will go to my docs for a CD21 blood test done as the clinic as not getting involved this cycle.

The witch has just got me!!! so start my clomid again tomorrow and go through the whole thing all over again :( minus the scan but will go to my docs for a CD21 blood test done as the clinic as not getting involved this cycle.

sorry she got ya! fx for next cycle yeah!

cheers chix, it was only our first cycle on it so we still have 5 more tries on it x 2nd starting in the morning x

Im on my 2nd cycle too! I had kinda written off the first bash! But loads of people have got lucky on second cycle! Ive also got 6 months supply.... when is your next FS appointment??

next appt in 12 jan 2010 x
just wondering can clomid settle irratic periods? as mine was 35 days this month? can i rely on it it be about the same next month if this cycle doesnt work?

I am also going to give up smoking completely this cycle to?!? i know i shouldnt have been smoking in the first place but i suffer with stress and depression and when i tryed to quit last year i struggled badly so SSN told me to try just cutting down if i really couldnt stop completely, so i cut down to 10 a day.
No i am going to quit completely ( cold turkey as well!!! ) i will just have to research ways of keeping less stressed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->