clomid club

I'm still here too, no BFP for me yet, started 3rd round of Clomid and just have a headache 24/7!

I was going to update the clomid symptom thread for all the newbies on clomid but cannot find it lol

lets hope we get that bfp soon we have been patient enough! lol

how long does it take to get side effects if you are going to get them????

I'm still here. Ovulating I think today and DH is sick and not wanting to do his part. Very frustrating as this is our final round of Clomid and then we go to a FS. Hopefully he'll be more cooperative this morning than he was last night or I might be rethinking TTC. If he can't do his part now, how helpful of a parent is he going to be.

You can get symtoms at any point. I had symptoms as soon as i started taking them but then they would go away then they came back later in the cycle. This cycle I haven't had any so i think it can go both ways.

I started my first round of clomid on cd3-5. I dot a positive OPK result. The line was faint on cd13 and 14 then finally on cd15 the lines were very dark. My bf and I started:sex:few days before OV and few days after. I hope we covered our basis. I go for cd21 blood tests this tuesday. So i will keep everyone posted.

I am curious though. How many cycles on clomid do we go through before having further tests ie, dye and lap?? I mean who knows what my fallopian tubes look like?? Shouldnt they check that first??

Hi Babywisher, I started my first round of clomid yesterday 100mg, I have already had a lap and dye test and have also been diagnosed with PCOS. As far as i am aware they should give you lap and dye first because if your tubes are blocked it could cause eptopic pregnancy, I know its hard but if i were you i would stop trying untill you have doubdle checked that as you don't want to ruine your chances forever. xxxxx gud luck

how long does it take to get side effects if you are going to get them????

It can vary, the first round I did I got symptoms from day 3 onwards, the 2nd cycle I did not get any "physical symptoms" just really low moods and so had a month off as per my GP, this round I have headache that is bad in a morning then eases off then comes back strong on an evening, I also have a slight pain in my ovaries but nothing like I had with my first round when the clomid seemed to really work.. so we shall see..

I don't seem to have any side effects from the Clomid this cycle... Last cycle I was a mood swing nightmare and had raging headaches. Hoping that its a good sign that I don't have side effects. Any one else had that?

Baby wisher, I would trust the doctors and if you have any queries give them a call. Did they monitor your follicles this cycle?

My FS and I had a discussion last week and he said that we can be in danger of over medicalising things. I think he has a point. This seemingly natural process has become something unnatural for me with thermometers, peeing in to cups, blood tests, ultrasounds etc ect. I'm going to relax a little bit more this cycle now and hope for the best!

Baby wisher, I had HSG to check tubes. A lap and dye may not be necessary unless there are other factors that indicate it. Every doc seems to do things differently. I had to have the HSG before my doc put me on clomid.

I guess I can put myself here, too. This is my first month of clomid. Right now I'm on Provera, and then I will start my first round.

My doc didnt do a HSG as they tend to only do Lap and Dyes instead. :hissy:

14DPO for me a testing tomorrow.... Normal LP is 15 days.

Hope everyone is well!xxx Sorry Ive been abit lame lately xxx :dust:

I haven't had anything to look at my tubes either. My fs said i will only have one if the clomid doesn't work. It's slightly worrying as i could do clomid for 6 months only to find out that my tubes are blocked! Oh well i will just get on with it and hope i don't have to worry about it!

can i join you, i'm cd1 today & about to start my first round of clomid. nervous & excited at the same time. fingers crossed it works.

good luck everyone xxx

Spoke too soon... headaches and hot flushes started last night :dohh: At least it keeps me warm in this chilly weather!

How is everyone else? :hugs:

Morning,

Temp has crashed and burnt along with a :bfn: this morning. Feeling absolutley devasted about it. :cry: So onto cycle 3 of clomid... and feeling less and less hopeful that its going to work. Didnt have much in the way of side effects or in the 2ww, I guess each cycle varies. Got my next FS appointment 21st December... so I imagine that they will let us no the next steps then.

How long has everyone got Clomid for before looking at upping dose or stopping and considering other options???

Millie - I feel the same really dont know why they dont check for blockages.... some of us could be on clomid for no bloody reason! I guess its cheaper on the NHS.

Peach - Euurrgghh sorry your suffering xxx

Christel and bumble welcome!!! :wave:

Good luck everyone!! Need some good news off someone soon! xxx

Sambatiki :hugs: So sorry for your temp drop and bfn. I know how distressing it can be. Keep positive lovely. My FS said that I'd stay on the dose that I have for 6 cycles and then if no luck we'd have to look at other options. 6 is the maximum they'll do. :hugs:

Peach - I thought that was the case. I guess by the time I go to FS I'll be on cycle 4 of clomid and wont have much longer to wait after. However Oxfordshire PCT wont fund IUI, IVM of ICSI until Im 30.... Aug 2010. With a bit of luck a good flush of the ole tubes might help xxx What round of clomid are you on now??

I'm on round 2... Its been almost 2 years since we started ttc and really really bored of this now!! I read a story in the paper this morning about a woman who had to have IVF to get her 3 children then decided to be steralised, but STILL managed to get pregnant by mistake. I guess there is hope for us! Hope we both get our bfps for Christmas!! :) xx :hugs:

If we dont get our :bfp:'s for xmas then obvously santa isnt real!!! :rofl: Seriously though yes its getting VERY boring I know that the best things come to those who wait... but this takes the piss! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->