clomid club

Hi Ladies

Looking for some advice.....I have just finished my first round of CLomid, 50mg and went for a tracking scan today, which is day 11. The nurse said I had 2 follicles on left ovary which were just over 10mm and 1 on the right whcih was just over 12mm. She also said my womb lining was thin, only 2.5mm and it would need to be 7mm or over to make the embryo stick. I have to go back on monday but was wondering if anyone knows how quickly your lining grows.....is it likely to be as much a 7 mm by monday??

She didn't sound too optimistic but did say that this is sometimes a side effect of the clomid but I never knew that before starting and feel quite disappointed. She also said if it stayed the same for this cycle and the next they would try something else which is fine but I just feel like if its not one thing its another!!!! HAd to do some retail therapy to cheer me up!

sorry to that peggy, thats new to me though, i dont have any answers i had good experience with clom last year. i would as your doc about the results :hugs:

Hi Ladies

Looking for some advice.....I have just finished my first round of CLomid, 50mg and went for a tracking scan today, which is day 11. The nurse said I had 2 follicles on left ovary which were just over 10mm and 1 on the right whcih was just over 12mm. She also said my womb lining was thin, only 2.5mm and it would need to be 7mm or over to make the embryo stick. I have to go back on monday but was wondering if anyone knows how quickly your lining grows.....is it likely to be as much a 7 mm by monday??

She didn't sound too optimistic but did say that this is sometimes a side effect of the clomid but I never knew that before starting and feel quite disappointed. She also said if it stayed the same for this cycle and the next they would try something else which is fine but I just feel like if its not one thing its another!!!! HAd to do some retail therapy to cheer me up!

Hey Peggy, The lining should grow 1mm a day. It does sound a little thin, but you are also quite a few days away from OV. They'll be able to sort you out next cycle though if there is a problem. More hormones, but its easy to fix from what I understand from my FS. Wishing you all the best :dust: xx

Hi Girls,

Well its 05.30am and i am on a night shift!

I have felt so sick the last few days and i'm not hungry, I know this is one of the side effects of the CLOMID, but OMG i preferred the hot flushes lol has anyone else felt nausious during their cycle because I have only started to feel sick the last few days??????

Anyway, I still have not had a positive OPK yet and i am now on CD15 i did just buy some cheap OPK's of ebay so i have decided to stop using them now as this is just adding to the upset. However if the CLOMID is unsuccessful this month at bringing me my then i am going to buy the clearblue OPK.

Anyway just thought i would update my journal

praying hard for my:bfp: and :dust: to you all

\hi my doctor told me that the OPK tests were very unreliable so i just go by my temp - there is a really good book on this called "taking charge of your fertility" which i am reading at the moment. the only side effects i have had from clomid are weight gain (also contributing to this is stopping smoking!) and mood swings and crying a lot - which is quite embarassing. other than that no side effects (oh aside from spots - great). Oh and a general drying up of bodily fluids - including my eyes which means i can't wear contacts for as long. hope all goes well for you, stay positive :thumbup:

Hiya all! Not been on here for a while as I just felt the need to clear my head as I was getting too over the top with everything (in my own mind!) BUT i'm back!

I went to see the FS late October and they have now told me that after only 1 month of clomid 50mg that it is not going to work for us and that we will have to go down the IVF route and because I am over weight that I need to lose weight to do so (which I am - lost 3 1/2 stone so far!) We suggested that there must be more that can be done and they have said to take 100mg of clomid to see how that goes. I would have thought that they might have looked into things a bit more as I have only had 1 scan to diagnose PCOS. Do you think I should go back to the docs to see what else they can do for me? I have heard of ovarian drilling, lad & dye & various scans throughout the cycle - should I suggest any of these?

Apart from that I am currently on CD6 and day 4 of 100mg clomid. Ive been taking them at night too as suggested by a few ladies on here and this has made some of my side effects a bit better to cope wilth (headaches being one of them) but I seem to have the changes in mood quite drastically, being happy one minute then crying or in a bad mood the next and hot flashes. Hopefully the double dosage will work for me this time round as I didn't OV last time at all.

Sorry for the long post but I feel better for doing it!

:dust: to you all xxx

Hi everyone!! I started Metformin 1500mg November 16 and Provera as well My last provera was last Monday then I started spotting Thursday which was 3 days later and now i'm just on my 4th day of spotting and im ready for my full flow it's gettin very aggrevating lol. I was diagnosed with Borderline PCOS and my gyno wants me to do a few months of clomid and if it doesn't work send me to a RE or FS I really hope the clomid works when I finally get my full flow i'm suppose to start 100mg day 3-7 I hope it works because I don't think my insurance will cover most fertility treatments. I hope I can make some good friends here and we all get our BFP's for Christmas it would be AWESOME

\hi my doctor told me that the OPK tests were very unreliable so i just go by my temp - there is a really good book on this called "taking charge of your fertility" which i am reading at the moment. the only side effects i have had from clomid are weight gain (also contributing to this is stopping smoking!) and mood swings and crying a lot - which is quite embarassing. other than that no side effects (oh aside from spots - great). Oh and a general drying up of bodily fluids - including my eyes which means i can't wear contacts for as long. hope all goes well for you, stay positive :thumbup:

Hi thanks for your reply,

Despite saying i wasn't going to test again, I got my first BFP yesterday I am sooooooo excited and really hope i succeed this month.

Praying for my :bfp: and :dust: to you all

sorry i got my first positive OPK not bfp unfortunatly xxxxx

Hi everyone,

Just a wee update from me, I went back for another tracking scan today (CD14) and my lining is still thin and follicles have not progressed at all. So it looks like 50mg of Clomid is not going to work for me. The fertility sister I saw was really nice and explained everything well. Basically, I have to go back this Friday for another scan and if still the same then back the following friday and they will give me another 5 x 50mg Clomid to take daily for the following 5 days. I thought this strange, but she assured me that it is the protocol they follow when the first lot have no effect at all. In her words, they 'wouldnt flog a dead horse' so if this still isn't working then would move onto something else. She told me she wasn't a big fan of Clomid as this happens a lot of the time but is the cheapest first route the NHS will take.

Was still really disappointed but at least they are keen to get me pregnant!! I always feel bad for feeling upset as I already have a DD who is fabulous and my DH says that if its only gonna be the 3 of us then he is happy with that, but I really want to have another baby, not only for us but for my DD. We both have got brothers and sisters and would hate for her to be an only child.

The nurse did tell me that I am what they class as low risk as I have already had a child and am still quite young so thats good news at least!

Good luck to us all x

Hi Everyone!

I did get my +OPK last friday on D16!! But my temperature did rise de next morning.. so I think I missed it? Isnt that kinda weird, the day before it really was a -OPK..
Anyway I had a ultrasound yesterday day, and she thought I didnt ovulate, so im really confused, but I will hear the result today!
Hopefully they are wrong, and I will get my BFP in 2 weeks! Ugh I hate waiting ;)

Goodluck to everyone!:dust:

i am super duper happy today (never thaught i would say that about gettin a period lol) well after 107 days i have finally got a period so tomorow i can take my 1st clomid tablet and am sooooo excited its my birthday today so am feelin lucky lol was thinking it was never gna happen got my tablets in august and have just been waitin still been gettin jiggy just in case lol would love sum buddys who are at the same place lots of love bubbles n babies 4 everyone xxxxx

i am super duper happy today (never thaught i would say that about gettin a period lol) well after 107 days i have finally got a period so tomorow i can take my 1st clomid tablet and am sooooo excited its my birthday today so am feelin lucky lol was thinking it was never gna happen got my tablets in august and have just been waitin still been gettin jiggy just in case lol would love sum buddys who are at the same place lots of love bubbles n babies 4 everyone xxxxx

Thats great congratulations, lets hope we get our BFP'S for xmas. xxxxx

Congrats Winston83!! Are you gonna take 50mg of clomid? :)
Im on my first round of clomid also!

yeah im on 50 what day did you start what days are you taking them xx

@ Winston83; I did take 50mg on D3 till D7, im now on D20 so like a bit more than 2 weeks ago I started! Im really afraid it didnt work for me this cycle though.. I will find out if I did ovulate next week, will do a Progesterone blood test on Friday!
Are you seeing a FS or just normal doctor?
:dust:

hey im seeing a fs am taking on days 2-5 with bloods on day 21 i dont know if it will work just think fingers and toes all crossed xx

Hey Winston, Happy Birthday! Great prezzie for you!

So, I'm trying not to get too excited, but I have sore boobs! I haven't had sore boobs since I was pg in January this year. I didn't even get sore boobs when I was pg in June, so feeling very hopeful that at the least it means my hormones are behaving properly and at the most could mean an immenant BFP!!! Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know why doctors will only allow you to have 6 rounds of clomid before moving on to other options?

Hope everyone is ok. :hugs:

my fs told mewe couldonly do 6 rounds of clomid within the year and then stop to give he body a break and see if it puts itself into a regular pattern with ovulation happenin naturally xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->