Clomid Failure

Hi, I hope your appt went well, I am now registered for injections but fs said there is a waiting list :( I am on provera atm then starting tamoxifen. Let me know how your appt went.

Hello ladies! I haven't been on this thread in a while. I was just going to update: I have moved on to letrozole (generic Femera) 5mg cd3-7 and progesterone suppositories. Clomid failed me. :( So I'm praying this new medicine helps. I have three cycles of it then moving on.

Still praying one of us clomid failure ladies gets her bfp soon. We sooo deserve it! *hugs*

Would love to hear how the letrozole works for you! I'm kind of wondering if Clomid is not the right thing for me.

Happy New Year ladies... I just wanted to update you ladies.. I'm on my 2nd day of menopur. The shots don't hurt as much as i thought they would. I just pinch my fat and stick the needle in.. It only takes seconds. I want you ladies to keep me posted. fingers crossed...

Hi All

Hope you dont mind me joining? We are both 31 and been TTC for 14 months now, both been tested all is ok and we fall into the 'un explained' :-( We have been on 3 months of 50mg Clomid and did not work, we are back at the hospital 12 Jan, and the doctor has said they will look at refer for IVF next has any one else been here is that what is next? would they not up the clomid? any advise is appreciated! thanks

Lucy

Hmmm....I'm not sure! It seems to me like it'd make sense to up your Clomid dosage, but who knows. I've done varying dosages of Clomid, had an HSG, injections, and a lap and dye. Have they offered anything else to you, or just the possibility of IVF?

Hi All

Hope you dont mind me joining? We are both 31 and been TTC for 14 months now, both been tested all is ok and we fall into the 'un explained' :-( We have been on 3 months of 50mg Clomid and did not work, we are back at the hospital 12 Jan, and the doctor has said they will look at refer for IVF next has any one else been here is that what is next? would they not up the clomid? any advise is appreciated! thanks

Lucy

when you say it didn't work, does that mean you never ovulated, or you did ovulate but didn't conceive?

Hmmm....I'm not sure! It seems to me like it'd make sense to up your Clomid dosage, but who knows. I've done varying dosages of Clomid, had an HSG, injections, and a lap and dye. Have they offered anything else to you, or just the possibility of IVF?

Hi Lizzy they just said that they would refer to IVF but my doc seems to think that this could mean a few things like IUI or IFV, i suppose i will see when i go, i just some times find it hard to understand them some times as they speak so fast, and i cant take it all i feel stupid to keep asking, so this time im going to write every thing down and ask! ha

have you tried acupuncture before? believe that can help?

Hi All

Lucy

when you say it didn't work, does that mean you never ovulated, or you did ovulate but didn't conceive?

Hi Hun, i ovulated just didnt conceive.. but was not that sure why i was put on Clomid as i ovulate on my own any way, but will try any thing at the min! How about you ? how long have you been trying?

Good idea to write everything down! And to ask lots of questions. I go into the dr. with my list and I think they hate me, but I still ask :)

I haven't tried acupuncture, but I've read of several people who have. I'm not sure what I feel about it. Sounds scary to me, but if it works, why not? IF it works :)

Hi Hun, i ovulated just didnt conceive.. but was not that sure why i was put on Clomid as i ovulate on my own any way, but will try any thing at the min! How about you ? how long have you been trying?

Clomid doesn't sound like the right choice for you. All Clomid does is help induce ovulation. If you ovulate on your own, or ovulated successfully with the Clomid then there would be no reason to increase your dosage. My doc increased my dosage from 50mg to 100mg because I didn't ovulate on my second roud of 50mg (I did the first round) Have you had your tubes checked (HSG) or any other tests??

I have been trying since Oct 09'. The first year we tried ourselves and after the first year & 1/2 I went to the Dr. and he found that I wasn't ovulating. So that is when I was put on the Clomid. I have only had 3 rounds because when I have taken the Clomid it has caused cysts to be on my overies so I have to take a break between each dose so I don't overstimulate my overies with the Clomid. If this round doesn't work I will discuss having an HSG (The test to have your tubes checked) I go to the doc Tuesday so hopefully I will get some answers then.

Clomid doesn't sound like the right choice for you. All Clomid does is help induce ovulation. If you ovulate on your own, or ovulated successfully with the Clomid then there would be no reason to increase your dosage. My doc increased my dosage from 50mg to 100mg because I didn't ovulate on my second roud of 50mg (I did the first round) Have you had your tubes checked (HSG) or any other tests??

I have been trying since Oct 09'. The first year we tried ourselves and after the first year & 1/2 I went to the Dr. and he found that I wasn't ovulating. So that is when I was put on the Clomid. I have only had 3 rounds because when I have taken the Clomid it has caused cysts to be on my overies so I have to take a break between each dose so I don't overstimulate my overies with the Clomid. If this round doesn't work I will discuss having an HSG (The test to have your tubes checked) I go to the doc Tuesday so hopefully I will get some answers then.

Hi Hun,

Thanks for reply yes i agree i did say that to the doc and he said it will just help but only slightly as i already ovulate so i did not really see the sense but thought i would try any thing! Yes had my tubes checked and both clear and all ok :-( im sad as in a way i think if there was some thing wrong they could at least fix it if you know what i mean...

Oh no poor you getting cysts on overies hun, i really hope you get some good news and your tubes are all ok... my partner has to do another SA and i go to the docs on Thursday i think i am going to push for IUI before IFV if we get an option as it does not sound like clomid is for me.... keep me posted on how you get on and lots of :dust::dust:

Lucy

hi, i dont know if i am in the right place im just wondering if anyone is in the same position as me? I have pcos and and was given 50mg of clomid which made me ovulate for the first 2 cycles but the 3rd and 4th it didnt, is this common and does anyone know why this happens? x

I don't know if this forum is still active, sorry I should have said thread, but I am having the same issues. I stumbled upon this site whilst Googling my problems and they seem to match everyone else's. I have very low progesterone which makes me believe I didn't ovulate this cycle. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it. I started with Provera 5mg since I hadn't had AF in 7 months. Then I got my "withdrawal bleed" from that and I took Clomiphene Citrate 50 mg curing CD 5-9. I had a temp spike that I thought signaled ovulation on CD 12. My temp rose for 3 days afterwards and then dropped very low below the coverline according to my BBT. I don't know what happened, if I did ovulate why my temps dropped. I am believing it has to do with low progesterone. Does anyone know how to fix it? What I can do to remedy the situation? I am TTC #2 right now and got pregnant with my first when I wasn't trying so I know I can get pregnant but for some reason my temps drop and I still haven't gotten my period. All BFN every test! I'm so lost and confused. Thanks in advance for advice or help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->