Clomid & male factor infertility

Hi girls! Sorry AF got you Silly. Darn witch. A weekday would be ideal - I was hoping mine would fall on a weekday too just because I didn't want to have to call in the on call staff.

Pink - I hear you about everyone having babies. I was married first out of my group of friends. Now they are either married with babies or decided to have babies with their long term boyfriends. I have one friend who had been taking things slooooowwww with her boyfriend but now they are planning a very quick marriage (end of month) and now she just informed me they are going to try as soon as they say I do. Dont get me wrong, I'm so happy that everyone was blessed with all this happiness I just would like a bit too! I know our time will come just wish it would hurry up, already!

Back to work for moi. It was BC day (our province) yesterday so I had a great day doin nothing at all. I'm planning an overnight trip to the Island on Saturday - gonna try for a Miracle baby!!!

hi girls,

i'm still obsessing with these darn opk's!:wacko:

i cant believe i still have a + surge....this is the 4th consecutive day and it is such a strong surge... the test line is so much darker than the control line....

is there something wrong with me?! probably :dohh:

if u girls could shed some light on the situation - wud be great.

silly - i hope by the time u go in for ur next iui it's all been sorted. fx'd.

mirfy - i wish soooo badly we all get our bfp's soooo much - NOW!!!

i've also noticed that all my cramping has stopped since Monday!

why is this so complicated! :hugs:

Pink, hello! I used the Clearblue OPKs so I would get the smiley face. I had a hard time with the first response OPKs trying to figure out if test line was darker than control. But, either way, it sounds like you have covered your bases!! I guess the positive thing about the hcg trigger shot is that it takes the guesswork out of opks. Keep up the good spirits...this could be IT!

Sooo..we have decided to do IVF. One cycle. I go tomorrow for my cycle day 3 ultrasound and bloods. Then, I go on the birth control pill for 3 weeks. This is part of a "short" microflare cycle. I will then go on lupron, etc. So, the whole cycle is going to take approximately 40-45 days. BUT, we found out our insurance has enough $$ in the lifetime max for us to do this once. I think this is going to be an all or nothing kind of thing...! YIKES!!!!!!

i don't know if we have the smiley face ones here...we prob do but i havent really looked.

thats great news that you can do ivf....Well let us know how u get on babe... i truly hope it works for us all this cycle.

Pink - MY FS said we weren't allowed to use the Smiley face ones for some reason. I used to use them every month on my own but for testing he said to use the First Response but ya after I detected the surge I stopped testing. Kinda wish I continued tho so I could help you out. I think I ran out of them because I got a little stick happy in the start.

Silly! That's sooooo exciting. Hope it all goes smoothly for you. I have no idea what the steps are for IVF here. Fingers and legs are crossed for you!! (actually, not my legs, im still tryin for a baby)

DH goes to the CM on Friday so we will see what he thinks about all that. If he think's it hokey we might be jumping on the IVF train as well.

Interesting! I wonder why they didn't want you to use smiley opks? Our FS preferred them b/c they gave more lead time or something like that. Maybe because they need to see the levels rising. I think women that have PCOS sometimes have positive opks a lot? not sure if that is right, but i think i read that somewhere.

Thanks, ladies! I just got back from my ultrasound. We have our ivf consult on monday. yikes!! i can't believe i am taking bcps when trying to get preggo. Feels weird. But, this cycle will be an all or none for us. DH's counts are just so low that IUI is a long shot :(

HI Girls,

Well it's thursday today and another + surge on the opk? WTF???:shrug:

i too have also read that women with PCOS can get + surges for alot longer...however i had a laparoscopy in Feb and they told me no cysts, no blockages, no scarring everything = perfect?!

oh my goodness - i'm soo frustrated...

i also read last nite on a POS website that women can get positives for a few days and it may mean that the egg just hasn't been released yet....Apparantly stress or other factors may delay the release....

i thought that Dh and i had covered all bases as we Bd's every 2nd day until Tuesday morning....MIssed last nite tho....so now i'm thinking what if i havent' O'd? i had EWCM on Sunday and Monday and now i don't... i thought that was a sure factor of O!

DH wanted us to do IVF this cycle but thought its probably smarter to try clomid just incase...now i'm thinking we've probably wasted another cycle with the clomid and think it may have made things worse....:cry:

i'm sooo excited for both of u doing the IVF...i won't be too far behind u - prob next month i'd say!:hugs:

:hugs: Pink, I feel your frustration. Yes, I have also heard that an opk can stay positive if the egg doesn't release for some reason b/c your lh surge keeps trying... I am hoping and praying that this is the cycle for you. But, if it isn't, we should form our own little first round ivf club :)

Try to have a relaxing day :)

i just got a call from my FS nurse and she said that: we should always go off the first + surge and not test after that....apparantly it can take a bit longer for the LH surge to exit some ladies than others. She also said that the + has nothing to do with PCOS and cannot be detected thru OPK's.

Therefore seeing i had Massive pains on Sunday nite she thinks i ovulated monday....i guess it makes sense seeing my pain has subsided (drastically, only have minor pains) and i had the EWCM - and now that's stopped too...

i really hope it was the day, because we BD'd the night before and the day after. She also told me that my eostrogen levels were 2000 - and apparantly 1000 is the norm! this is why she said i had EWCM?!

another friend of mine just had her first round of IVF and is going in for egg retrieval tommorow.....she was extremely nervous taking the meds and she had absolutely NO side effects at all - :happydance:

Her DH also has low spermies - she's perfectly fine - i truly hope she ends up preggers...it will give us all hope- fx'd.

i'm having such a terrible day! work is driving me nuts too...hope ur day is better or should i say nite...lol...ur prob in bed by now.....

talk soon Xo:hugs:

Pink - I learn something new everyday on here. At this point there's not much you can regarding the BD so I would try my hardest to trust what the nurse said that you did it correctly and you're growing a little bean in there :) Try and stay positive. I'm prayin for you this cycle :)

Silly - I'm not sure why they prefer with the non digital. I know that they had me do it on my first morning p as well. Normally that's not the case. they want you to test every morning, I guess to catch it on way down so that when I go into the office I'm ovulating while laying there? I tested at 7am and then called in and was getting it done at 2pm. You're nerves must be going crazy about IVF. It does seem weird to be in BCP, do they do that everywhere?

HI Girls,

hope you are both well..

i'm feeling so emotional...i've been crying for 2 days straight at a drop of a hat...everything is making me upset and i dont' know why....i've got major migranes and pains in my abdomen too...(nothing major just twinges)

i've been a nightmare these past few days and i have soo many pimples on my face i feel like i'm going thru puberty again......i usually get a pimple when i get af - but this is crazy they're all over my face....

is this another clomid side effect? everything seems to be?:cry:

Awww Pink - I had the crying but it was when I was actually taking the pills (during the 5 days) I did get headaches and abdomen twinges. I think I broke out a bit but I have ben breaking out before AF recently so I'm not sure if it's a side effect. Being a woman stinks sometimes! Hang in there sweets, I know it's hard but it's all to get a baby in the end. xo

PS - We have a CM/Acupuncture appt in couple hours. I'll fill you in after.

Hi Girls,

The appt went great - we got alot of info and the guy was super nice and DH seemed to be really into it. He'll be going for acupuncture once a week for 12 sessions, we'll both be starting a cleanse for 3 weeks (it's generally just clean eating, super healthy, gluten free. Going to be tough but it's only 3 weeks. Not doing until Sept as the guy suggested it's too difficult in the heart of summer with all the bbqs and weddings. They gave him a couple more vitamins to take and will be giving him some other supplements next week. He's excited to improve his over all health and de stress at the same time. I'm thrilled and feeling very positive. Worth a shot right? We'll give this a go until November and if nothing has happened it's IVF for us. I'm very excited!

Awww...Pink...yeah, I felt the same way. I swear I felt worse AFTER the Clomid. Uber-hormonal. And my AF was much lighter and weirder duration than usual. But, my 3 day ultrasound showed that everything is back on track. Hun, ya never know...pg symptoms mimic pms... :)

Mama, good for you! You are really taking some proactive steps! I started the bcp's today and we have our ivf consult on Monday. I'm a little freaked out :)

Silly - I'm so excited for you. I have a really good feeling IVF will be your ticket!

Pink - I hope you get your BFP from this cycle so you don't have to go through another Clomid cycle. Isn't it crazy how such a tiny lil pill can cause so much trouble?

HI Girls,

yeh, this pill has driven me up the wall....i've put on 2kg's over this 3 week period with the clomid.:cry:

i don't have any symptoms now - just waiting, waiting and more waiting...the infamous 2 week wait....:wacko:

Mirfstar - i'm glad you guys are going strong with everything - lets hope it works fx'd

silly - u must be excited. not long now.

my friend doing IVF had her egg collection the other day (27eggies) and 22 have fertilized....great news for her.

hope u guys are enjoying ur weekend :hugs:

mirfy - does the accupuncture help the swimmers?

I'm sorry you're having such a horrible time with the Clomid :( The acupuncture is supposed to help with stress which could be causing the low sperm count, it's also supposed to help with overall health.

clomid made me gain weight too. Or, maybe it was the progesterone. either way, I felt like i had pms cravings the whole time. UGH! Now, I want to try to lose some lbs over the next few weeks! I am day 4 into my birth control pills. We had our ivf consult today. I finish the pills on 8/25 and then 4 days later I start the injectables. Our FS predicts that he will transfer 2 to 3 embies depending on whether he transfers Day 3 or Day 5 embies. I responded well to Clomid...apparently, I had 4 eggs w/ only 50mg so that gives us good hope that the injectables will be even more successful. CRAZY!!! I can't believe this is happening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->