Clomid round 1: Need advice please!

kmichelle

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am on day 2 of a Provera induced cycle. My doctor initially wanted me to take 50mg Clomid on days 5-9, but the doctors office would have been closed the day that I would have had to do an ultrasound to confirm ovulation. I begged them to come up with another solution because I didn't want to wait an entire cycle again, so they said I could take it on days 3-7! So that means I start my Clomid tomorrow, and I have a few questions:

What day should I start OPKs? I quit testing everyday because it was making me crazy, but I think I want to use them this cycle. Also, how long does it typically take to ovulate after I take my last pill? We are going to BD every other day just to be safe anyway. I have seen where some people take Mucinex to improve CM. Is there a certain one that I should be taking? And do you have to do it on specific days?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is the first time I have really felt positive about all this baby stuff since our MC in June and I want to be sure I'm doing everything right! I'm so nervous! Thank you all!

I don't know a thing about Clomid, but as far as taking mucinex, I've taken it and it didn't do a thing for me when I was ttc ds1. But I used preseed and conceived him that month. I do get ewcm now, but still use preseed.

I can try to help :hugs:

From what I've read online, most gals on clomid o 5-10 days after taking the last pill. I just finished my 4th round of clomid of cd3-7. For me, I ovulate from cd16-18 on clomid (which is great because I wasn't ovulating without it!). With this being your first round, it may be a bit of waiting to see how your system responds to it - a bit of trial and error with the opks. I feel lots of twinges when I'm getting close to o with clomid because it stimulates the ovaries so I can kinda feel when o is getting close and don't really bother with the opks as they haven't worked for me very well in the past...I think I have a short surge so it isn't picked up with the opks.

Also from what i've read, using clomid can dry up cm over time. I'm just starting to see those effects now that I'm on my 4th round. I've started taking robitussin for the same reason purpose as the mucinex. The key is the only ingredient should be guifanesin ( I think I might have spelled that wrong). Also be sure to drink lots of water - that will help with the cm too! As for specific days, I think it is the 5 days leading up to o.

Try to be patient with your first clomid cycle. I looked at the first cycle as my "trial run" to see the timing for o, etc and tried not to stress about it. Then once I had an idea when my o was, started planning things better for cycle 2.

GL!!! I hope you get your bfp soon :happydance:

I've only conceived taking Mucinex. We're trying a few months of not to see if it gives us a better chance of a girl. If it doesn't work after 3 months we'll go back to what did. I took Letrozole days 3-7 and ovulated on CD14 and CD15 (which has always been normal for me). I've read Clomid stays in the system much longer and can cause issues with the lining though. Letrozole is out pretty quick.

I took clomid days 2-6 I had my first + opk on cd15. I used conceive plus to help my cm as Clomid dried out big time

Hey KMichelle, just to add my penny to the plate.

I was on clomid last month from cd3-7, went in on cd10 to check number of follies and sizes, depending on what is seen, the dr can give you an estimated day of O. On what day will you be going in?

Also everybody is different, some people have lots of follies on 50mg, I was on 100mg this past cycle and only had one. Previous cycle was on 5mg of femara and not a follie in sight.

Oh and some ladies have side effects from clomid, some on this board recommend taking it at night.

GL to you!

Thank you all so much for your answers!

Nell, I will be going in for my ultrasound next Monday, which will be CD 12 for me. I'm wondering if I will have already ovulated at that time, since I am taking the Clomid two days earlier than we originally had planned. I think I am going to start testing with OPK's on CD 10 and we will also start BD'ing every other day starting on CD 10 as well! I guess I am going to try to find some preseed as well. Any ideas on where to find this? Is it with the OPK's and HPT's? I've never looked for it before!

hi ladies just wanted to say when I was on clomid 2-6 last time I though id ovulate day 14 but I phoned day 9 and they said I had to go in next day for scan (day 10) she said go home get busy I did okp and it was + day ten I conceived my little girl that cycle so id bed early as you might o early x good luck

im trying for number 2 im on day 5 of clomid so fingers crossed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->