Clomid symptoms

Kiki09

Mummy to a miracle
Reaction score
I know we have an excellent clomid thread but I wanted just to see what peoples experience/symptoms were on clomid, I thought this would be useful for people to compare etc piece of mind and all that! so...below are some of the questions I know I searched and googled to death...feel free to add any questions I have missed or you would like to know,

What reason were you put on clomid for? eg not ovulating?
What strength of clomid
what cd did you start it on
when did you first notice symptoms and what were they
Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength

Ok, I will start off with my answers:-
Given clomid as not ovulating, i have pcos and under active thyroid
I am on 50mg, cd 2 -6, this is my first cycle
I had hot flushes the first night for the duration of taking the tablet, then headache on 3 & 4 day, after that started with major cramping on cd6 - it eased off a little but still cramping on cd 10, so hoping that means I am ovulating!?!?!. Also according to oh was very moody! :rofl:

Hi put on clomid for unexplained infertiltiy despite regularly ovulate. FS thought would be worth a shot before advancing to iui and ivf!

Take 50mg, cd 2-6, on second cycle

Suffered hot flushes and headaches from cd 3-8 and cramps from cd 11 till af.

This is my last cycle because clomid not agreeing with me making me really emotional, moody and irratable!

Hi. What a great idea to have a symptoms thread. Very helpful!

I am on my third cycle of 50 mg Clomid. We are one of the unexplained infertility couples. I am 39 years young! I always have taken the pills before bed to hopefully lessen any symptoms.

First cycle: CD3-8, hot flashes while at work (everyone else in office cold while I'm burning up and figeting the wall a/c unit!) no other noticeable effects. used acupuncture during this cycle and had perfect arch ovulation patterns, but still bfn.

Second cycle: CD3-8, no hot flashes, but cramping through luteal phase and then extended CL, jumped from 28-29 CL to 33 CL (!) Needless to say I was very hopeful with those extra days. did not use acupuncture and dr. said i had anovulation though my chart seemed to have curved. (?) doc added progesterone for LP that round.

Third cycle: CD2-7, no hot flashes, cramping in LP, want to believe I felt ovulation pain in last two days, hard and painful nipples from 2 DPO to 9 DPO. With U/S on CD18 dr reported one simple cyst on left ovary as well as 2 large follicles ready to burst in right ovary. I've read that clomid can cause simple cysts. Progesterone for this LP also. Not using acupuncture this round either. Will keep you posted. I've quite caffeine completely now.

I can't say it has made me any moodier. I am, in general, quite moody...unfortunately for DH. I probably have some hormonal imbalances and am addressing that with nutrition and herbs now going forward.

Also, on clomid very painful short periods. 5 days instead of my normal 7

Good luck ladies and I hope this is helpful for you!

xxx

Here are my experiences...

What reason were you put on clomid for? - Very irregular long cycles and only ovulating sometimes.
What strength of clomid - First 2 rounds 50 mg (didn't make me ovulate), Next 4 rounds 100mg.
what cd did you start it on - Days 2-6 (I noticed when I was taking it that in the UK its 2-6 and in the US it seems to be later - no idea why!)
when did you first notice symptoms and what were they - No symptoms on 50mg really. Hot flushes whilst taking it (Take in the evening to sleep through), felt very depressed most of the time I was on it. VERY painful but very light short periods (odd!)
Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength - NO BFP for me but it did make me ovulate and helped to regulate my cycles.

Hope that helps and good luck everyone! :hugs:

What reason were you put on clomid for? Not Ovulating & PCOS
What strength of clomid Started with 50mg, moved to 100mg, moved to 150mg
what cd did you start it on Started on cd 5 and went 5-9
when did you first notice symptoms and what were they hot flashes!!!!!!!, moodiness
Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength No, did 5 cycles. Only O'ed with one cycle (one follicle) when we did IUI and trigger shot. :BFN:

I was put on clomid to try and regulate and shorten my cycles due to PCOS.
I've been put on 100mg.
This is my first cycle and started taking it on cd3-cd7, only because this is when i got the prescription. I will take it on cd2 -cd6 next month.
I took one tablet in the morning and 1 at night. I never noticed any symptoms whilst i was taking it during the day but did get hot flushes through the night. I'm now on cd16 and i've got bad cramping and have had since about 2-3 days ago.
I'm only on my first cycle so i've not got a BFP to rave about yet but hopefully will!

THank you for your responses, I am finding it really helpful myself so I am hoping others will too, for me it just helps me to put my mind at rest, see what other people go through with Clomid etc and its reassuring to see someone share the things that you are going through...

What reason were you put on clomid for? eg not ovulating? I had long and irregular cycles, was not ovulating, very low progesterone
What strength of clomid ? 50 mg (cycles 1-2 ), 100 mg (cycles 3-4)... (I also take Prometrium/progesterone from 18-32)
what cd did you start it on? take it CD3-7
when did you first notice symptoms and what were they? I take it before bed and don't really have any symptoms. If I don't fall asleep right away, I sometimes feel a little light-headed, but it's not too bad.
Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength? On 4th cycle now. It definitely helped with my cycles and ovulation. I had a chemical on my 3rd round and hoping for a bfp this cycle!

This is a great thread!

What reason were you put on clomid for? eg not ovulating? PCOS and not ovulating

What strength of clomid 50mg but have been told that I will progress to 100mg if my 1st cycle doesn't show signs of working

What cd did you start it on Days 2-6

When did you first notice symptoms and what were they On the 1st day. I started with really bad headaches then went onto having hot flushes and becoming very tired. This stopped once I finished the course. I took the tablets in the morning but I will try taking them at night to see if the side effects don't make as much of an impact.

Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength I am only on my 1st cycle so I haven't had any news as of yet. On CD 23 today and hoping for the best with everything.

Good luck to everyone! xx

Hi ladies
I am having quite a bit of pain just above my pelvic bone? Is this another clomid symptom? I'm CD21 today and DPO 3.
Any ideas?
Thank you!

Hope no one minds if I join

What reason were you put on clomid for? eg not ovulating? Not ovulating, PCOS, multiple follicular cysts on ovaries and lh/fsh ration of 3:1
What strength of clomid 50 starting out but will get uped to 100 if not pg this cycle
what cd did you start it on 3-7, dr wanted me to do 5-9 but I already did 5-9 a few months ago with 50 mg and nothing
when did you first notice symptoms and what were they Second day, hot flashes at night, If I stayed up too late I had vision problems like seeing tracers, have stopped since my last pill. I am not getting cramping in my abdomen today.
Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength not sure, I got a positive OPK today but am only cd 11 so I don't know if it is true.

What reason were you put on clomid for? PCOS
What strength of clomid: 100mg
what cd did you start it on: CD2
when did you first notice symptoms and what were they: after a couple of days and they included hot flushes (hot?! more like scorching fireballs...), headaches, bit more moody (than usual..:blush:) I took the pills just before bed though so the worst of the symptoms were at nighttime/ whilst sleeping
Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength: Not yet - 6th and final cycle now done and in 2ww...we'll see....

hi everyone,
I'm in my first cycle of clomid, here's my situation:

What reason were you put on clomid for? eg not ovulating? I was put on clomid after ttc for 9 months- I'm 38 so the FS suggested I start trying clomid to see if that helps. I do ovulate regularly without the clomid though.
What strength of clomid 50mg
what cd did you start it on: I took it 4-8, but only because at my clinic they only start cycles on weekdays, so most people start day 2, but since my day two was saturday, I had to wait until monday (day 4) to start.
when did you first notice symptoms and what were they: I had some symptoms on the day after I took the second pill- I got a headache that didn't go away for a week, and I felt tired a lot. Now that I'm a few days post ovulation, I feel really sore and bloated around my ovaries.
Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength: Not yet!

so, how are we with the symptoms, anyones changing or easing off? I have a what feels like hot tummy today :wacko: I am on cd13 really strange feeling, not unpleasant just odd lol

I'll add my info too.

What reason were you put on clomid for? PCOS
What strength of clomid: Started at 50 mg, no O, then 100 mg
what cd did you start it on: CD3
when did you first notice symptoms and what were they: symptoms were worse at 100 mg and usually start about the second or third day of taking Clomid. Lasts until about a week after the last pill. I have headaches and hot flashes. When ovulation comes, pretty strong cramps. AF isn't a problem
Did you get a BFP and if so how many cycles of clomid and what strength: Not yet - on 4th cycle (3rd ovulating), likely to start something else if this fails.

so, how are we with the symptoms, anyones changing or easing off? I have a what feels like hot tummy today :wacko: I am on cd13 really strange feeling, not unpleasant just odd lol

Hi Kiki,
At CD25 DPO8 my cramps and bloating are gone but CM reappeared last night.
Hoping for the best!
xx

Hi everyone,
I'm now on cd22 and 6dpo, and I'm having similar post-o symptoms to reallyready. The bloating and soreness in my abdomen are gone, and now I feel good. Which is freaking me out a little because it seems like it means the clomid didn't work, but I'm trying to stay hopeful!

Addendum to my post from this a.m. (above).
I noticed CM reappeared last night and today it was like cottage cheese (sorry for tmi! but it's true.) Now, I've had my fair share of yeast infections, I know a yeast infection from a mile away, and this is NOT a yeast infection. This is not painful and seems to have cleared off by tonight. Anyone had this around dpo8?
Have a great weekend you all!
Thanks so much for being so great.
xx

No, i haven't experienced that. But i hope its a good thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->