Clomid/Tamoxifen/Metformin/Injectables- O inducing meds.. 7 BFP's 5 more to come

I had a 30 day NATURAL CYCLE :happydance:

CD1 for me today :dance:

I have my scan on monday and see the nurse to be shown how to do injections etc and get my prescription :happydance: Now I am excited!!!!!

Yaay Scerena what great news!! The couple of injections I had to do were fine, honestly, once you get over the idea of it. And hopefully all worth it! :thumbup:

Yes we got the icandy strawberry in red, I love it. Still haven't taken it out the box tho....my mum's up in a couple of weeks so we'll maybe do it then.

I'm hoping nursery will only be 1 day a week, and i'll work from home that day so if bubs is poorly or there's any problems I can be round there in a few minutes. I'll be fine tho...it just hit home today.

BH - that's exactly what we're planning with our nursery. You must be so excited! I think the same about your body being designed for childbirth. Easier said than done I'm sure but I'm hoping that by relaxing and going with it, rather than tensing against it, I can work with my body rather than against it. And I'm the same regarding pain relief...want to go in with an open mind. I certainly wouldn't beat myself up if i/the midwife thought an epidural was the way to go. Apparently the tens machines are great for taking the edge off and keeping you at home that bit longer. I'm borrowing a friend's...just need to make sure I get new batteries....would not be good timing for one to go flat!!

How is your mum doing?

The iCandy is lovely :) Will be really nice to have your mum help you put it together some bonding time :)

What injections did you do the trigger? I am nervous about injecting myself daily as it must become sore right?? I have to do the trigger too, damn I better have a baby soon after all of this!

I hope things all work out for you with bubz and the nursery situation and one day a week isnt too bad hun, just try to relax and not stress to much about it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Mum is doing well thanks. Her scan a few weeks ago showed things have shrunk which is really good for pancreatic cancer where they normally just want things not to get bigger. It won't stay like that forever but we hopefully have a little more time than we initially thought.

Great news bean, and I know that you'll be making the most of every precious moment with her.:hugs:

Don't worry about me Rere...think I just let the hormones get to me too! For injections I just had to do 2 HCG trigger shots, a cycle apart from each other. They were just subcutaneous (under the skin) so u didn't have to be spot on with where u were injecting. Hopefully yours will be the same and if you can vary the injection site it won't get too sore. And if there's a baby at the end of it it'll be totally worth it :) I think I told u the consultant I was seeing was really positive about the odds of conceiving with injections compared to clomid. I'm excited for you! :happydance: And Monday will be here in no time and you can get started. :)

I hope do JWB I have high hopes just get scared of having high hopes and disappointment :(
I hope I get a pen and not syringe one but I will know more come Monday... Just hope it doesn't take too long to get my prescription once handed in to the doctors

I do worry about u as I don't want u all stressed out :hugs:

:hugs: TT understandable your feeling annoyed, did she know you wanted your Dad's name first? If she did then that's pretty out of order and I don't blame you for being pissed about it. I felt jelous of pregnant woman when I had my loss, even the soap characters having babies on the TV annoyed me! It's natural but keep your hopes up with the Clomid, your day will come.

JWB - Nursery is the best thing I did for my oldest son. He went to a lovely nursery from 8 months old and he came on leaps and bounds. He still goes to the same one 2 full days a week and has moved up to the toddlers section. He's so excited in the mornings when he goes and it's good when he comes home because he'll have a snack and be off up to bed early! Plus you'll be glad of the break, trust me :) It's good for them to interact with new faces and socialize so don't feel bad about putting baby in nursery.

BH and JWB! I won't lie... labour hurts like hell. You'll NEVER experience any pain like it LOL! :haha: The feeling afterwards though when it's all over is priceless so it'll all be worth it. I was induced with my first and they refused to give me an epidural as my cervix was not opening past 3cm. If they had of given me one when I wanted it I would have breezed through it. Take what pain relief you can!

Congrats on your 30 day cycle Scerena, that's excellent news and about the injectables. Keep us posted, I really hope this year is yours :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hi: girls hope your all well sc woopp 30day cycle bean good news for your mum hun x x x

Ah thanks Daop, you're so sweet. :hugs: I'm sure it will be fine...just feels a bit premature to be thinking about these things!

I'm defo keeping an open mind about pain relief, but would like to avoid an epidural if I can, purely because I'd rather give birth in the midwife led birth centre, and they can't administer one there. But I'll see how it goes - the plan is to start there and if I need/want to be moved to get an epidural then I will.

Can't believe how time is flying!!

Caz- great news that you are now 12 weeks :happdance: so happy for you :hugs:

Afm- not much goin on here, cd3 and have my scan tomorrow morning and get all my info and hopefully get started with the injections... Ladies I am crapping myself about it :haha: I haven't shut up about it and been so excited but now I have to actually inject myself I am worrying so much reality is starting to kick in :/ I really am hoping that I can do it I'm scared I won't be able to my nerves are taking over me :cry:

Scerena - you'll be fine. I'm sure it won't be the nicest thing you'll ever have to do - I hate all the USS and making something so medical that for the majority of women just happens natural but try and keep focused on why you are doing it. :hugs:

Thanks bean :hugs: :hugs: I need to stay focused on why I am doing it that is right :) and I need to remember I am willing to do whatever it takes, I don't mind injections I just don't look but I think because I have to look and do it myself that worries me a little, but I am sure once I do them I will be fine, it's all so new and feels like my ttc is going up to another level now, 3 months worth and then it will be onto egg sharing I never thought I would get this far I always thought I'd be lucky and conceive on clomid or naturally I didn't see the day I would be injecting its crazy!
I hope you are still feeling good? Would be great to see a new bump pic :) gives me hope knowing a few of us ladies have got their :bfp:

ohhhhhhh needles I'm the same :s

Can your OH not do it for you? Mine had to every day with these blood thinners after the section and he's terrified of needles! It was him coming over to me with a sweat on that made me nervous even more about them!

What do injectables do anyway? Is that when you 'force' an egg to pop around the time you ovulate? :)

Serena I am on a waiting list for injectables, it's 12 months long so I'm due to get called in December this year. Funny how the nhs differs with different areas isn't it? I told them I knew of a couple of girls who moved straight from one treatment eg clomid etc to injections with no waiting list and they just told me to basically do one and expect a letter in December / january and this was when I was diagnosed clomid resistant before I had started to ovulate with tamoxifen so they had the mindset of leaving me, not ovulating for a year!! I hate them!! I am excited for you starting them and to see how you go on them, I have heard very good things and that they have good success rates with the injections as opposed to clomid / tamoxifen etc.

Daop- oh is coming in to learn incase I chicken out of doing it but I really want to try and do it myself :)
That's a trigger shot which I will be doing as well, but I am doing them so many days throughout my cycle to help develop some nice follicles and it's meant to be less harsh on my lining (clomid thinned my lining) it's like what they do for Ivf the injections stimulate my ovaries to produce some eggies :)
Aw I didn't know you had to inject yourself after your section :(
How is your little man doing? I bet you lo is loving having a sibling :)

Lily- yes that is crazy lily! To be fair I think the nurse put in a good word for me and my fs (I sacked the new one back for my old one) he is brilliant prob tired of keep seeing me come in :haha: I only am allowed three cycles though and then I will be doing egg sharing :/
Is there any chance you will get a call before December???
Where in the uk are you again? It's like postcode lottery! (you can inbox me that if you don't want to display that info)
Wow that is so rude of them I'm clomid resistant because of my lining you should maybe put in a complaint???
Yes success rate is better but i am so trying not to get my hopes up like I did with clomid but that's easier said than done :haha:
So how are things going with you???

I went in today and my ovaries are looking active which is a good start and everything was fine to go. I was feeling sick last night and all this morning I put it down to nerves...
Anyhow they didnt have my meds in as the receptionist booked me in for a hcg blood test- I know wtf??? I was like its injectables, so the nurse gave me the prescription then I went back with the meds and she then taught me how to do it all...
I was so so so scared I was so scared I even said I wasnt sure if I wanted to go through with it
Long story short I done! It wasnt too bad, but cant say I like doing it as of yet... but its not as bad as what I thought once its done
I am taking- Merional 75IU
every other day for now, so next shot is weds,
my next scan is thursday...

Well done for starting scerena.

Few pictures for you all - sorry if they are massive!
Bump at 36 weeks
https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/elliejesky/37785b8b.jpg

Nursery
https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/elliejesky/2fce3317.jpg
https://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/elliejesky/6e3133f8.jpg

Thanks Bean :hugs:
your bump is getting lovely and big :)
the nursery looks lovely too :hugs:
so excited for you :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts