Clomid/Tamoxifen/Metformin/Injectables- O inducing meds.. 7 BFP's 5 more to come

Yay bean! He's handsome! (I'm voting boy btw) Rere how is everything? What's the news?

:hi: girls! Hope everyone is good. Gotta run :growlmad:

BH that is a beautiful sight!!!!!!! :):)

Rere good luck on your appt!!!! :happydance:

hope all is well with everyone else :hugs: :hugs:

I think I may have seen boy bits but mark isn't sure!

Pretty - how are you? I think about you often :hugs: how is your course going?

BH I am good :hugs: I think about all of you often!!! School is great :) But a TON of work!!! It is non stop, if I am not in class, I am doing labs or homework :wacko: It is really intense, but will be well worth it and I look forward to when I am all done :) LOL

how's your mom? :hugs:

Bean- :hugs: I knew you would be fine what a gorgeous baby you have :dance: so happy for you :)

Pretty- so glad to see you on the thread have missed you :hugs:

Hope you are all well??

The fs went like this-
*As soon as I walked in there he told me to try naturally for at least 6months, then the options are IUI at £1000 a time or £5000 a time for ivf...

*I told him I am not happy and want to be seen sooner that 6months, so he changed my appointment to 3rd May...

*I asked if I can have the injectables or clomid like the old fa said and he said NO, I said about clomid giving me a stronger ovulation, he said no we only give it to people who arent ovulating... He was having none of it talking about med school blah blah blah...

*told me I am wasting my time taking my temperature and will not give me any monitoring at the moment to see if I am ovulating and to just use ovulation sticks...

To be honest the whole appointment he was talking about my oh's sa (he has an appointment in march for that) instead of worrying about me... Basically we have to try naturally as the ovarian drilling is apparently 100times better than clomid, but he may consider it after a few months...
He told us to de-stress and bd everyother day and he is arranging counselling for me I finally asked as all this time ttc is finally taking its toll on me :cry:

He sounds confident about us conceiving naturally but I am not confident at all to be honest...
Xx

Hey Rere. I know its frustrating when docs don't tell us what we want to hear, but I think he's right. It takes time and relaxation to make babies. The internet makes baby making look so scientific, when realistically its just the birds n the bees. We try hard to control it because Some people have had success doing this or that, but truthfully, they just caught an egg at the right time under the right conditions. Its kinda like fishing. Boring as hell!! But if you just sit around and chat about bs, eventually something bites. :hugs: my sweet girl. I hope you're able to soak it all in. You ovulated all on your own!! When you get pregnant naturally you'll want to look back at this and laugh.

Thanks TT :hugs:
Deep down I know hea right, its just I had 6months with no help then the op and no help again, but like he said- now I have two tues and the ovarian drilling should help with ovulating... I just hate hanging around and we cannot really afford IUI or IVF if it comes down to it I will have to consider egg sharing.

On a lighter note- me and oh have planned to just bd every other day throughout my cycles and see what happens and I will carry on with the ovulation sticks just to get an idea, not sure what to do about taking my temp... X

beanhunter that is a beautiful scan if ever I've seen one! well done, I bet you are so happy and proud :)

scerena, sorry your appt didnt go how you would have liked it to, I hope that dr. is right and ovulation and then a bfp is just around the corner for you

x

Glad you got the appt moved to may. I know it won't feel like any comfort at the moment but it took me 5 months after the drilling to get pregnant and the first 3 months were just my cycles sorting themselves out. I was v hit and miss with bothering to temp, just went to trying to bd every other day from about cd10 onwards. Think we were more relaxed as we had given up hope bit then our miracle happened.
After you ovulating on your own last month I really feel it'll happen for you soon and that the drilling has worked. :hugs:

Glad you got the appt moved to may. I know it won't feel like any comfort at the moment but it took me 5 months after the drilling to get pregnant and the first 3 months were just my cycles sorting themselves out. I was v hit and miss with bothering to temp, just went to trying to bd every other day from about cd10 onwards. Think we were more relaxed as we had given up hope bit then our miracle happened.
After you ovulating on your own last month I really feel it'll happen for you soon and that the drilling has worked. :hugs:

BH-beautiful pic!!!

Pretty-glad to see you back!

Scerena-i'm sorry your appt didn't go as you wanted but i couldn't say it any better than TT. I think your doctor is right and you should give it some time. Give your body the chance to do what you had the surgery for. I know you will be telling me this after i have my surgery as well! So your going to go to counseling for the ttc stress? It might just be the thing you need! was your DH SA on the bad side last time, i cant remember? sorry. Since you cant affort IUI or Ivf right now, just try naturally and maybe start saving up for it? That will give you time to get that natural bfp and have a baby fund going at the same time. I have lots of hope for you!! AS for temping, it is crazy to me that dr's do not care for it...it is a very reliable tool that gives us so much info!! But if it is stressing you out, then def don't do it!

This month i decided to take break from clomid but continuing metformin
can i join you

This month i decided to take break from clomid but continuing metformin
can i join you

:hi: you are more than welcome here! this is a group of great ladies! how long have you been on clomid? Do you mind sharing your story?

AFM-i've done 4 rounds of clomid and now i'm scheduled to have surgery to have fibroids removed on March 12th. So i'm just waiting....

Lily- thanks I hope the doc is right too, how are you?

Beanhunter- 5 months after your OD? Thats really good- what were your cycles like can you remember? I hope I continue to ovualte... Definately going to bd every other day- I didnt bother taking my temp properly this month so far...
Aw I know I have already said it but your scan is so lovely :) you must be over the moon :)

TBP- I hope the doc is right hun, constant waiting but deep down I know it is the right thing... Yes the counselling is for ttc its within the fertility clinic- I suppose it is just somewhere that I can off load all my worries and stress- I have been considering it for a while. Oh's count was low, thn borderline and now 'normal' but we have a proper appointment for him in march, apparently that fs said we can get pregnant as his count is normal. I will prob end up temping I dont know lol, all the docs and fs tell us different info its so annoying right? I think if I need ivf I will probably do egg sharing and help someone else too, unless I win the lottery in the meantime!

Nisham- :hi: welcome to the thread, as teddy said please share your story so we can get to know you a bit better :)

Xx

Yep - op was July 14th ish, started metformin mid aug and BFP on nov 5th. First cycle was long - about 40ish days and then went to about 25-30 so not completely regular but loads better. I also stopped doing preg tests as I became more convinced I'd get a period around cd30 and was fed up of seeing negs and wasting money. Hadn't done a test since June before the pos one.

Thanks for your comments about the pic - I reckon it's pretty cute too!

My first cycle was 45days so hopefully mine start to be around 25-30ish days like yours fx'd! I forgot you had the drilling done! I didnt test this cycle and it was good and saved money aswell lol!
Well hopefully things work out or my cycles regulate :)
Xx

I had regular period till my marriage .then it changed .some times i did'nt get my period for months,and my weight increased.so i consult doctor and found i have pcos.after induced period on pill i start taking metformine 500mg .after 10 days it increased to 1000mg .then after cd 15 i got my period ,then for two months i did n''t get period unless taken progestrone pill till december. i got it normaly on dec 19 on cd 35 so i started clomid 50 that month .On cd 33 i got my period and took clomid 100 mg and.on cd 31 start spotting for two days then one day priod and then spotting .

nisham-don't you just hate how your cycle screws up right after you get married or decide its time for ttc?! it seems that happens to alot of us. :dohh: Its very frustrating. Do you have a plan for continueing on without clomid?

Scerena-yes it is frustrating getting conflicting comments from diff doctors about ttc. I just don't understand how alot of dr's discount temping. My FS loved my charts when i first visited him but he didn't understand what it meant! lol :dohh: And he is the chief head person of the fertility dept.

AFM-today is cd 1. I was happy to see AF and get this cycle going. next AF will be after my surgery...i'm getting anxious and excited at the same time. I wish it was already over.

:hi: hope your all well afm feel rough on the pimms last night well not a clue when i am going to ovulate hes a pic what do you girls think got my fertility bracelet this morning hope it help hes a pic of it xx

Attachments

• IMG-20120225-00107.jpg
    IMG-20120225-00107.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20120225-00108.jpg
    IMG-20120225-00108.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads