Clomid.. Too many follicles.. Forced to take Plan B :(

MelissaJ

Reaction score
Hi there! I am completely new to this... 1st post! I am 29 and have been TTC for almost 2 years. Had a lap that removed mild endo but still didn't have any luck conceiving naturally!

Went on 100mg of Clomid in April on cycle days 3-7. Went in on CD14 with no LH surge and didn't have any mature follicles :( They put me immediately back on Clomid 150mg that night (that was fun) for 5 more days. Went in for an ultrasound on May 2nd after getting a +LH surge and they believed that I already released one egg and I had about 7 other follicles 15mm+!!! I thought that was good news but apparently that was too much and we had to abandon our IUI cycle this month :( Also, had intercourse on the 1st and so they are really worried about multiples so I had to take the Plan B pill to try to stop my other follicles from releasing eggs :( Anybody had this happen or anything close?! I'm SOO frustrated and feel like my body just can't get this right! Taking that pill broke my heart. Please let me know if anybody has had a similar situation! Thanks!

I would not have taken the plan B pill , with just intercourse the chance of all eggs fertilizing is slim.

I wouldn't have taken the pill either. Honestly, I would look into another doctor. I've seen 3 different doctors and I've been on both Clomid and Femara and if I didn't have a good follicle by CD 16 or so they'd just have me wait it out and then give me Provera and try again the next cycle. Doing another 5 days of more Clomid seems to be the issue, I would be so mad at my doctor for putting me in that position to hyper stimulate and then tell me to take Plan B!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->