• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

{CLOSED} All we want for Christmas is a BFP!!

to clarify, he does want it to work, but he doesn't want to put the effort it. relationships are hard, and they take a lot, but we don't get to snap our fingers and make it okay. It has boiled down to a few things, ultimately figuring out if we make each other happy and give each other what we need from one another in a partner. I feel that I need more from him. I need to be engaged, I need to feel like I truly have a partner, I need to know that he understands what I need (and respects it, doesn't belittle me) and he feels that I am asking too much and need to accept him as is. So, we're at quite the standoff.

Oh Amanda, that's so rough. Whatever you do, don't settle. You deserve to get what you want out of a relationship. That's your right. I know that doesn't make it ANY easier with what's going on right now. I was in the same spot once. I was engaged to someone else and he was just... always disconnected from me. Dreaming about projects and making video games (he was a programmer) and I never felt like he was really "there" with me on the same page. So I called off our wedding and we broke up. It was seriously the worst and hardest thing i've ever done in my ENTIRE life and I still think about him A LOT, but I know in the end, it was the best. He didn't really want kids. He wanted to build shit. So I did what needed to be done..

*HUGS*

Oh Amanda, that's so rough. Whatever you do, don't settle. You deserve to get what you want out of a relationship. That's your right. I know that doesn't make it ANY easier with what's going on right now. I was in the same spot once. I was engaged to someone else and he was just... always disconnected from me. Dreaming about projects and making video games (he was a programmer) and I never felt like he was really "there" with me on the same page. So I called off our wedding and we broke up. It was seriously the worst and hardest thing i've ever done in my ENTIRE life and I still think about him A LOT, but I know in the end, it was the best. He didn't really want kids. He wanted to build shit. So I did what needed to be done..

*HUGS*

SO sorry that you had to go through that. Sounds about right. OH has big big dreams and I don't see where me, kids, a life, a family, etc fit in.

My defacto was the same as your ex Britt - big dreams but incredibly selfish with his time-quota assignment for ME.

I literally moved across the country to be with him and about 8 weeks after doing so, he moved to a different state "because of his career".

I'm lucky that happened because I literally would not have been with DH if we hadn't split shortly after.

Amanda - you aren't at a cross-roads, you are at a corner. You can't see around it without stepping around the corner... I think you know deep down what you want to do - and whatever that is we are all there for you when you step around that corner.

Amanda, that sounds absolutely awful. What a terrible place to be in. You deserve to be happy, whatever that takes. If he doesn't make you happy, there is SOMEONE out there that will. God doesn't close one door without opening another. I've told myself that more times than I can even remember over the last almost 6 months.

Nichole, I'm super anxious to test, too. Like I want to start now. I have a couple that came with my OPK's, one Walmart First Signal, and an FRER. I'm TRYING so hard to hold out until Friday.. but Thursday is closer. Lol. I'm just worried that my O date is of since FF tried to move it.

Sorry about all the multiple posts. I don't know what that's all about.

Amanda-Do not settle! You are an amazing person and deserve to be happy.
Morgan.No I left them on the floor in the bathroom so I can stare at them all the time. They are not growing lines either.

You left them on the floor? That's awesome. I lined mine up on my window (best light in the house) and DH saw them and said "I like your mobile lab set-up". Mortified.

yep there is this little alcove spot by the sink I hid them in there no one ever sees them but me lol

I hide mine in a spot under the sink :)

Interesting... https://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2013/12/03/baby-names-2013-jackson-and-sophia-are-at-the-top/

I leave them on the counter in the guest bath. Isnt that awful?

I used to leave them in the bathroom... but there is only one in my house... and my housemate is a dude... my best friend, but still... a dude.

He would go in and scream "WOULD YOU GET YOUR PEE STICKS OFF THE COUNTER??"

hehehehehehehehe

:holly:

Katrina, the quote you put on fb has me in tears. soooo perfect right now.

Sorry, some put it on a journal the other day it was so fitting I saved it. It fits the way I am feeling today perfectly. I will share it here too.
Never compare your journey with someone else’s. It’s a marathon with no finish line. Someone else may start out faster than you, may seem to progress more quickly than you, but every runner has their own pace. Your journey is your journey, not a competition.
- Cheryl Jacobs Nicolai

Could someone post the link to the baby mommas page? I've lost it :(

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-buddies/1998023-babymamas.html

Love it! So fitting. I've been struggling the last few days with my friend coming back to work after baby. She complains about being gone from him for the day. I tried to be supportive and have even made the comment that at least he'll be there when she gets home, but she didn't get the hint. I hate that I'm not as sympathetic as I should be because of my situation. I feel like I'm a bad friend, but it's just so hard to listen to her complain about being separated for the day when I'm separated from my little guy until I die..

I'm sorry Sandy. I can't even imagine. I just have to deal with people that get pregnant without trying then complain to me about how hard it is having young children. Telling me to enjoy my time without kids. I want to scream dh and I have been together for 3 years and haven't been able to have kids, you were together for three months and got pregnant!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->