{CLOSED} All we want for Christmas is a BFP!!

I have had an AWFUL past 18 hours!!

I left work early yesterday (about 3:45) because it was snowing here and was supposed to pick up quite a bit during the evening commute, and I usually have an hour and fifteen minute commute on a day with not inclement weather. So it ended up taking me just over 3 hours to get home!! I called hubs when I left work asking him to make dinner so I wouldn't have to think about doing that plus I knew I would be starving when I got home. So he agreed and I was so happy and focused on driving safely home. When I got home, I ate and was very appreciative that hubs stepped up with dinner, but then I decided we should do some shoveling so there would be less to do today before work. Well he didn't want to because he had just started a movie ( :growlmad: ) So I went out alone to start shoveling the 8+ inches we had only to find our shovel in 2 pieces...(apparently sunday when he was shoveling he broke it completely) This annoyed me because he had been home since 3:30 and it never occurred to him to go buy a new one!!!!! So we get in the car and go to buy new shovels.
So then we get home and I started shoveling, again ALONE...and I shoveled around the backyard only to find a giant pile of leaves that I had asked hubs to take care of in October...:growlmad:
Finished shoveling and went inside to watch TV and asked if we could BD and he said yes but later, so I bit my tongue about the whole shoveling thing so not to spoil the mood and do you think we ever got to BD??? NO.
I'm so irritated that I have to take care of everything, I don't know how else to explain things to him so he understands...I just feel like I am the only adult and if I don't give him ideas or specific lists of things to do then nothing will ever get done. I just want to be taken care of for like 1 day, thats all. or at least a "thank you for shoveling", "sorry I didn't take care of the leaves like you asked me to"...grrrr

ok rant over.

Do you ladies ever have problems with getting your DH's to do things without asking?

Lota- so sorry hun! I used to have that issue until I decided nagging him was better. Then when he says stop nagging me I say well I wouldn't have to if you would just do it. Then he shuts up... however, I do have to say DH is pretty good at pulling his weight at my house because he likes house work. Sorry for your pain girl!

Thanks Nikki!

...I forgot to add the last part of my awful 18 hours...I left for work this morning, and as i was SLOWLY turning a corner, the road was all ice so I hit someones car. Great way to start the day at 6am!

I've since had some coffee and breakfast and am feeling a little bit better lol

Holy cow that is a lot of snow!!!!!!!

I am sorry that you had to do all of the work :( There are certain things that I have to remind the DH to do or it will never get done, and some of them I feel are so silly like I have to remind him to carry the laundry baskets from our bedroom upstairs to the basement when they are full- I don't ask him to do that laundry- just carry the heavy baskets down and then when I am done, back up the two flights of stairs. I am not sure who had the great idea to put the laundry room in the basement of the house we bought but when we move to our next house it will be on the main floor or upstairs with the bedrooms!! My Dh also did not pick up any leaves this fall, they are still sitting in the yard too...

Sorry you didn't get to BD. :(

Mirolee, so thrilled! I say girl! :)

Sorry about your crappy last few days Brittney!

That is very exciting, Mirolee! (How do I find it lol)

there is a link in my signature - the whole update is there for those who want a read (novel ;) )

I'm sorry your day was so bad Brittney! That's a lot of freaking snow! Makes me kind of glad I live in an area with no snow. DH actually is always doing stuff around the house and I never have to ask. I am really lucky in that way. All other guys I've dated wouldn't do crap though so I know how frustrating it is.

Brittney, i had to learn (am still learning) that my timeline and his timeline are very different. will he wash the dishes? yes, absolutely. will he do them before lunch? could go either way. will he clean the bathroom? yes, absolutely. will he do it before dinnertime? there's no way to tell. for me, for us, i've learned if i say to him "can you do this?" and he says "yeah sure" - the only agreement is he will do it. if i say to him "can you do this thing by the time i get back from grocery shopping?" - then the agreement has changed. we have both learned that if the expectations are clear in advance (both chore and timeline), we both end up happier.
but it also took 4 years of dating..... :p

Shame on you - didn't you know the man wanted to watch a movie.. A MOVIE?!

I mean jeeez woman... he already paused the movie and went to the shops with you to buys a new shovel... I mean asking him to pause the movie again and help you?? Who do you think you are?

Ok, jokes aside - your husband sounds like he needs a massive kick in the nuts so he doubles over in pain and can see the piles of leaves and snow he should have helped clean up.

If my DH did that...there would be words - mainly me saying "stop being a selfish immature shit and come and help me"

I probably would have been yelling a little and slamming things a little .. On the flip side, I do most of the housework, and hubby does nost of the outside work. I have to be very specific like Mirolee, too.

I probably would have been yelling a little and slamming things a little .. On the flip side, I do most of the housework, and hubby does nost of the outside work. I have to be very specific like Mirolee, too.

Oh I agree - but in our HH it's kinda like - I do inside, he does outside but more often than not we help each other... esp if one person asks to help.

Sorry about the accident my dear btw. Stupid ice.

Oh I agree - but in our HH it's kinda like - I do inside, he does outside but more often than not we help each other... esp if one person asks to help.

Sorry about the accident my dear btw. Stupid ice.

Our routine is the same. He even helps cook.

Hmm.. that is a weird temp! I need to start temping and OPK'S. Tomorrow is cd 11. Blah. I just dont feel hopeful. I am just kinda going through the motions, praying. Hubby had to go back to work so I might go Christmas shopping for him. I just am so tired and don't want to go back out in the cold. How sad is that?

Sandy u can join me in the anti book club. I just can't figure out if I od or got a weird temp. Since yesterday's was voided

That's what I was wondering, too. Un-discard yesterday's temp and see what FF does?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->