• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

{CLOSED} All we want for Christmas is a BFP!!

Fx Nichole! Hopefully you won't need to even worry about it! I always worry I wont O. Ugh.

I'm still waiting to O. Opks are showing something, but not getting darker right now.. just hanging out I guess. I am nervous til it happens. Cervix is soft though so maybe a + opk today or tomorrow .. fx!

Morning Ladies, temp is back in 97s again. I'm soooo confused. Did you ladies on clomid have to have blood work and semen analysis before your dr gave you clomid?

Brittney- I think you could DEF find another doctor who would prescribe it to you whenever you'd like. It's not like it's dangerous or anything, or would require lab work. Since you have had so many anovulatory months AND charted them so you KNOW, I think that's plenty reason to get on some meds! What about Femara? Ik it is similar to Clomid in helping ladies O who wouldn't without it.. I never took any so I don't know much, just what I've heard from the bunches on here who've had success with it! Usually after you've tried for 6-12 months (varies by doc) they'll offer you fertility treatment, meds and/or testing whatever you'd prefer. I wouldn't let them TELL you that you need testing, unless that's something you guys are interested in having done! My opinion is just never let a doc rule YOU.. you pay for the service, might as well pay someone who really takes YOUR needs/wants into consideration! :)

I agree with Morgan. If your Dr isn't interested in giving it to you try else. You pay them.

My doc said she would give it to me back at my first appt with her in September but was not sure that insurance would cover it. At that time, I just wanted to get my period so we could try naturally so I said no. Then when I went last week, I asked her about it and she said the normal process would be to do some blood work and semen analysis then prescribe it anywhere from 3-6 months. My next predicament is about the timing of all this....Please forgive me if I sound vain in thinking this way...I really only want to "try" for another cycle bc I would like to avoid (for now anyways) a due date between Nov - April since my maternity leave policy at work requires me to use all of my vacation/sick time before std kicks in, if I had a baby in that time frame I would have no time off for the rest of the year and I just keep thinking what would I do if I get sick or the baby gets sick (please feel free to tell me I'm crazy for thinking about this so far in advance lol) so that leaves me at a latest possible ovulation/conception date of the first week of Feb. then we would need to take a break until August :/ Also by August we would have technically been "trying" for a year
...so while I would really like to start clomid now, it seems like a waste and not really even sure a dr would prescribe it for one cycle before we take a break.

Morning Ladies, temp is back in 97s again. I'm soooo confused. Did you ladies on clomid have to have blood work and semen analysis before your dr gave you clomid?

I didn't, but I may be an exception because I have already been pregnant once.

I just sent my doc an email asking about clomid or femara...we'll see what she says. If she says no, I might try my primary care doc next week.

I have a stupid question...

How do you check your cervix? I've tried and I can't always tell what I'm feeling up there and what can I compare it to? Soft, medium, hard? low, med, high? Is it normal for it to be so high you can't feel it, or do I have really short fingers? lol

I don't check mine anymore. But when I did I would check it during the shower. Yes it would be that high for me. Usually after o. Then it would be low before af.

Brittney- LOL I had the same problem!! I was like 1st of all- I can't even reach that high, and 2nd of all- wtf am I supposed to feel??

The trick is to feel it every single day and write down "how it feels".. Until you've done it everyday for a while, and felt all the changes it makes.. it will be hard to say for sure if it's open/closed/high/low etc. BUT a good way to know it is "high" is when you can barely reach it! Low days you'll be like WOW where'd that come from?! Hehe, I hope
this helps :)

View attachment 714377

Thanks I'll start checking it everyday. Above are th OPKs I just did about a 4 hour hold. I've never actually seen a second line on the answer brand OPKs!! Does that count as positive?

I don't know if it's dark enough to be. But I don't use that brand.

That Answer one looks funny to me.. They always worked great for me, but maybe your LH isn't high enough yet? Or maybe it's faulty, I had plenty of those. I love that they come with 20 though so you can POAS all day haha. The other blue one def looks pos to me though..

I thought that when I read the instructions for the answer brand way back, last month the picture showed it was positive as long as a line showed up. This is the first time I've ever seen a line on that brand and I am almost out of them since I'm on CD 31 today. I do think that the wondfo is either positive or close to positive, but I think I'm going to call in the big guns and go buy some clearblue or first response even though they are more expensive. I've been praying this whole cycle for just a "normal cycle" even if I get AF at the end I just want to ovulate and not have to induce AF with provera again. Now I'm really glad I let hubs wake me up early for a quicky this morning!

I find squatting down best for checking my cervix. The best way to describe it is a doughnut! :lol:

5pm here and still no sign of AF. Still BFN. She usually arrives around lunch time so maybe I'm only 9DPO after all!

Sandy- Everything is so different this month for me it has be scared. All the other 4 months I did clomid I Oed either cd17 or 18. I am on cd 18 now with no +opk or fertile cm. I am freaking out a bit.

I hope we both get our +opks soon and ovulate.

Brittney- I had to get blood work but she didn't have DH do a semen analysis because we thought he had one before because of chemo. Turns out his analysis was just to see if any were present, not the quality and such. I was also told most doctors have you so a HSG test to make sure your tubes aren't blocked before giving you clomid. Mine said she would have me do it after 3 rounds but I asked to get it after 2. I guess it really does depend on the doctor. Good luck!

Uggh, I really am freaking out now. My cm is creamy now with barely any watery in it. My cervix feels HSO but I am getting no other ovulation signs. No positive opk yet and it's cd18. I ALWAYS got pos opks now even before clomid. Unless I was having an annovulatory cycle. I had a lot of pains in the ovaries around cd 14/15. I really hope nothing is wrong :(

I'm with you Nichole. Let's get this show on the road so we can be bump buddies! Fx for you.

Bb, fx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"