(Closed Group) Continuation from Journey to BFP and beyond...

You should totally shop when you feel like it! I'm not superstitious in general but this time I'm trying to hold out till the 20 week scan for the big things. I'd love to do up the nursery but we don't have a room in the flat (going to start building our house soon). The baby's going to sleep in our room for the first few months, and then in the lounge probably haha (there's a bit which can be portioned off).

I've actually bought quite a bit already ;) we pretty much have all the big gear and I've begun diaper stockpiling when I find a really good diaper deal, a while ago Amazon mom was having an amazing deal on diapers but you could only get one case, but I still ended up getting a $40 case of diapers for around $12! Score!

So I'm feeling upset with myself, someone had asked on another board how much she should be worried about 2nd tri losses and though many responses were good, some were saying they had multiple! Someone made a good point though that I've recurrently seen on this site and that's that this site draws women in who are looking for support especially after a loss or multiple losses so we see it more frequently on this site than it really actually occurs if that makes sense but I wish I had never read it and then I of course started googling-bad idea! I really need to rely on my faith in God instead of worrying!

I saw that thread too Jamie, tried not to read too much into it. But I think its true, I didn't join this site until after my miscarriage. Probably would never have found it if I wasn't looking to reach out to other women for support. So try not to worry :hugs:

Jamie, I am always trying to convince myself that the reason I see it is because I am here. I am trying to completely avoid looking at scary boards like 2nd trimester losses and stillbirths. I tell myself that I have been through enough as it is and something like that won't happen to me. But I'll admit that it has crossed my mind that I won't be safe even after the first trimester. Just trying to stay positive. Lots of prayers are needed to keep yourself in the right mindset!

Its so true that boards like this totally skew the statistics negatively. For the most part, women who don't take more than a couple months to conceive and don't experience a miscarriage have no need to join a forum like this. They may join to ask a couple specific questions but don't often hang around. And those who do also don't chime in "I've never had a miscarriage" on threads asking who has had more than 1 second trimester loss, and you're only going to get women who have, and it will totally make it look like a common occurrence (that said I do know a woman from my june bugs forum who has had 4 in a row, but that's extremely rare)

Anyway no I've not been shopping yet - I don't really have all that much to buy anyway being my third child. I plan to make more newborn nappies and I want to decorate some sleepers and onesies etc, ad I'm going to make a ring sling, but don't really need to shop for much of anything. Babies room with us until 18 months or so, and the cot is still set up as its basically just become part of our bed now, and our capsule has another kid's use out of it. We have tubs full of baby clothes etc so ya not much we need anyway.

Jamie, I’ve seen that thread too and I admit it does make me even more paranoid than I already am. I don’t know when I’ll really be able to relax. But what the others said is right, women who haven’t been through it won’t participate on the thread so it just seems like it happens frequently…

Natalie, how are you feeling? Symptoms still going strong? Looks like both you and Jamie are pretty set already, baby equipment wise!

Leigh, where are you hiding?

I’ve remembered I do have a few boxes of baby clothes that I’ve bought over the years, so even if I don’t go shopping straight away I’ll be able to sort through them once I know the baby’s sex. I’ve finally booked a scan for tomorrow, so maybe we’ll find out.

Yay Fleur!!!! You better share right away! I can't wait for mine in two weeks!!!

I'm so excited it is that time!!!!!

My husband's best friend and his wife found out yesterday they are having a girl!

There is just something so exciting about that moment. Can't wait until I (hopefully) get there.

Yep, I will update! First and foremost I'm just hoping so hard that baby will be doing well physically etc, finding out the sex will just be a bonus. In a way I don't want to spoil the surprise, I could find out at my next scan in 4 weeks but DH wants to find out NOW!

Kylee, you will get there in just a couple of months :D

Have updated on the TTC after loss forum but don't want to keep talking about babies when others are having a tough time.

So we are having a little boy <3 I was expecting him to be a girl so yeah, it's a bit weird (so much for gut instinct!), but we didn't have a preference so we're really really happy!

Still got my 20 week scan to go through before I feel we're out of the woods but things are finally starting to feel real and like they could turn out OK this time.

Jamie, on which day are you finding out next week?

How is everyone else feeling?

Have you talked about names yet?

I really want to find out now too! I have my next scan ay 17 weeks, about 2 weeks from now. Then another at 20, about 5 weeks from now. I am hoping we will know at the 17 week one, but for sure by 20. I'm getting so impatient! But i guess its not too far away...

I get to find out the Thursday after this one!!!! I'm so excited!! Even more so today because I got to see my baby moving and wiggling all over the place :happydance: I wasn't supposed to have an appointment until next week but my blood sugars have been so low that my dh wanted me to go in, well that part went good, she said just eat when you don't feel good, it has been better the last couple of days since I've been eating every hour to hour and a half.

Butttttttt then she started feeling my uterus and I knew it felt high but boy it was way higher than I thought! She said based off my uterus/fundal height, I'm measuring a whole month ahead :-k so I was a little worried but she did a quick scan because the baby was lying in a funny position and wiggling a lot so she couldn't get it on the Doppler which is funny because she found it in seconds when I was only 11 weeks...but I'm not worried about it anymore, there's another thread I posted about it in the second trimester board if anyone's curious but there's so many reasons why I'm not concerned about it and one is this is my 3rd and your body just does things so much quicker with subsequent children, it was still shocking at first though haha!

I hope everyone else is doing well! Fleur I'm so excited you're having a little boy!!!!

Congrats again Fleur!

Jamie and Terrissa I remember we discussed it before but I forget - what are your gender vibes/what do you want to have?

And am I the only one who won't be finding out before the birth?

Terrissa, we haven&#8217;t started talking about names yet&#8230; It&#8217;s going to be very hard to agree on something! If baby is in a good position you&#8217;ll definitely be able to find out at 17 weeks, so exciting!!!

Jamie, how nice that you got a surprise scan to see the baby! I&#8217;ll go check out your thread but I wouldn&#8217;t be worried either about the uterus position, especially since it&#8217;s not your first pregnancy. I&#8217;m glad that your blood sugar levels seem to be manageable when you eat more regularly.

Natalie, before I fell pregnant I thought I&#8217;d be impatient to find out the sex but bizarrely I wouldn&#8217;t have minded a surprise. DH really wanted to know though so we found out. I didn&#8217;t have a preference but I have to say knowing the sex has helped me start to get excited and bond with the baby.

I&#8217;ll guess boy for Natalie and Jamie, girl for Terrissa and Kylee but my instinct was totally wrong with mine, so who knows!

Hope you are feeling alright today, Jamie. How is the blood sugar doing? Glad you got to peek in at baby.

Fleur, please don't give me a girl! I am so low maintenance I just wouldn't know what to do with a little girl. Her hair would be a disaster all the time! I need a stinky little boy. Lol. Happy to see you are having a boy. Can't wait until you guys decide on a name.

I am having a LOT of watery cm. Like swimming in it (okay, exaggerating a bit). Is that normal? It's just like water. Kinda weird. I keep checking for blood because I can feel it coming out (gross moment, sorry). This has been going on for a few days.

My prediction is already wrong because I said girl for everyone but me! Lol. So ignore me. What would be funny is if everyone ended up with a boy except me. :rofl:

Kylee- yes the watery cm is normal, in fact get used to the fact you'll probably have all different kinds! It freaked me too when I had basically what seemed like ewcm because I always get a good amount of that before af, but it was fine and I've had plenty of all different kinds of cm so far :blush:

that would be too funny if you ended up with the only girl, guess she'd just be a stinky girl lol!

I have no vibes lol, some good friends of mine told me I'm having a boy ;)

Kylee, tons of CM is normal in pregnancy, I had it till about 10 weeks I think? I had to wear a panty liner everyday and kept checking because it just felt soaking wet, each time I was so scared I was bleeding! I'll change to a boy for you then :haha: I'm also low maintenance, and my mom is low maintenance and has 2 girls... She basically just taught us how to brush our hair, so I still don't know how to braid my own hair or do complicated make-up!

Looking forward to finding out all the babies' sexes!

I'm feeling so sad for Natalie and Leigh, I wish this didn't keep happening over and over again :(

Blah. I had a rough day on Monday, but have been feeling decent for the most part since then. Awful wave of nausea hit me in the middle of dinner tonight and I gagged and spit out my food in the middle of chewing a bite. Now I just feel yuck.

Kylee, I have felt pretty yucky since about 6 weeks, my ms has started to subside finally though but I still get waves of it as well, remember it will all be worth it when we're holding our sweet babies!

I cannot believe I get to find out what we are having in just 5 days!!!! I have friends that have given me a ton of baby clothes despite not knowing what it is lol but I also have a good friend who gave me 6 packs of brand new honest brand diapers!!! Her mother in law is rich Nd bought her a 1year supply of diapers when her last baby was born but her babies grow so fast that she had quite a few 1s and 2s left over which is perfect for me because my babies lived in 1s and 2s forever! So needless to say I was pretty happy about the diapers lol!

How's everyone else? Terissa have you been busy, I feel like we haven't heard from you too much lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->