(Closed Group) Continuation from Journey to BFP and beyond...

Oops I didn't see that part, I would like a boy but I'm feeling like this is probably another girl which dh and I would be thrilled about but oh the drama! Girls are very emotional! All my friends that have both girls and boys say that the boys are so much easier ;)

Oh yes, I'm sure boys are much easier and less expensive, especially when they're young. All they wanna do is run around and get dirty. :haha: It'd be really nice if I had one of each, maybe there was one hiding in my last scan :rofl:

Yes Terissa that would be nice lol, dh and my pastors wife of all people! Keep joking I'm going to have twins, sorry but there was only one! I told her there was one hiding she could have him/her until college ;)

Jamie, I like all your names ! This is already a source of lots of arguing for DH and me… He’s French, I’m of Indian origin so it’s REALLY hard to find something that we both like and that he can pronounce! He just says no to all of my suggestions.

Terrissa, the nursery door must put a smile on your face each time you go past it, it sounds so cute.

Ideally I’d like to have 2 children, a boy and a girl (ha!) but I don’t have a strong preference, I just want healthy babies (cliché but true). This will be the first grandchild on both sides. DH’s family won’t care about the gender. My mom and my sister are both crazy about baby girls but I’m sure they’ll love a little boy just as much. My mom has just one sister and she always wanted 2 girls, which is what she had. I’m wondering if I’ll continue the same “tradition”!

Wow the first grandchild on both sides! That baby is going to be spoiled lol!!! Dh and I have argued a little about names but he told me that he loves our daughters names so much that I must have good ideas hehe ;) I've always tried to sneak in a little Spanish origin into our names but I'm not concerned with it this time, besides I'm pretty fair skinned and my husband is as white as they come ;) so my poor girls only sign they have any Spanish in them is they both have very hairy legs arms and backs :rofl:

And no that doesn't sound cliché at all, tbh Im sure anyone that's been on the journeys we've been on would probably agree they would also be happy with whatever they were given, I know I'd like a boy but at the same time, having another daughter would make me and dh just as happy!

Ideally, I'd like to have about 10 children, not sure how likely that is though. I should've started when I was 18! :haha: But I wasn't married then so probably not a good idea. I'm 25 and already feel my clock ticking! I honestly expected to already have 2 kids by now. Oh well, my plans are not always the best I guess :)

Jamie, you're Spanish? I think you mentioned that before but I don't remember. Have you been there?

Fleur, I know you've said before too but I can't remember, baby brain I guess. Haha. But are you from France? And living somewhere else now though?

Jamie, I'm also very hairy haha. I'm the same, even if I have a slight preference (next time I'm sure), as long as the baby is in good health I don't really care! DH's family doesn't live in the same country so spoiling from that side is going to be limited.

Terrissa, don't worry, I also have trouble keeping up with who lives where and comes from where. I'm from Mauritius (a small island in the Indian Ocean, near the East coast of Africa). I studied and worked in France for over 10 years, met DH there and dragged him to my home country :D He's happy here, the only thing is that his family is far and it costs a ton to travel from here so he hasn't seen them in 18 months. We probably won't go till next year, with the baby hopefully!

Well Terissa, you just keep going and maybe you'll have a couple sets of twins! Lol! You still have plenty of time! I have a good friend who has 6 and she started at 27 I believe, she only stopped because she literally almost died a couple times due to having so many c-sections and something with her uterus, don't ask me though I forget exactly what it was but it's pretty serious! Yes I'm actually Mexican and Spanish but I usually "claim" Spanish (Latino people are weird like that and will usually just claim one haha) no I've never been, I consider myself American first and though I think my heritage is interesting I have no real desire to go to Spain.

Fleur-I'm glad my daughters and I aren't the only hairy ones on this board haha! Oh man, I can't imagine the cost of travel! It's expensive enough here in the states depending on where you fly to, each year we spend 2000 in tickets to fly "home" once a year and that's buying the tickets months in advance to get the best prices! Atleast you won't have to pay for the baby's ticket until he/she is 2, atleast that's how most airlines work.

So I don't want to ask this on another board but did either of you have symptoms subside around 9 weeks? I've read that this is the time the placenta will start to take over but I was really nervous this morning as I woke up feeling pretty good, my breasts weren't sore and they even seemed a little smaller, could just be my mind playing tricks on me though...

Oh Jamie, that happened to me a week or two ago and I was so worried...then it all came back worse! I say enjoy it! Haha. Honestly last time I think I was closer to 12 weeks when I started to feel better, but it'd be nice if it was sooner! I've heard some say around 9 or 10 because of the placenta...I'll be 10 on Saturday so many relief is on the way! I'm actually not feeling too bad, but still tired, gross taste in mouth, sore breasts. Not too much nausea anymore.

So I spoke too soon, my symptoms were back that evening, although my breasts still seem to be not as sore...hmmm maybe they'll just stay that way...I'm anxious for my next appointment, I just want to hear that hb again! I feel strongly that after this next appointment I'll be able to relax a lot more!

Do any of you have any plans for this summer? Either of you going on a babymoon? I've never been on, I don't think we really had the opportunity with dh being in the military but I wish I would have, especially before my first, just to have that last bittersweet time with my dh before children filled the house ;)

:)

10 weeks today! Have my next appointment Monday!

I don't think we'll do a babymoon, but we might. I keep trying to get down to Florida. I moved to Kansas when I was 11, but most of my family (besides parents and siblings) are in Florida . I haven't visited them in a few years, and dh has never met any of them. So it would be nice if we could get down there for that...and the beach. Haha. Definitely miss the beach.

That sounds fun Terissa! I've been to Florida and though I deal with humidity here in Maryland, Florida was definitely worse lol! Too humid for me haha!

Haha. So many people say that! I don't think it is that bad. I would take the humidity and warm weather and beach over the cold and snow of Kansas winter any day! Haha. Dh loves Kansas though so I'm sure I'll be stuck here.

Haha. So many people say that! I don't think it is that bad. I would take the humidity and warm weather and beach over the cold and snow of Kansas winter any day! Haha. Dh loves Kansas though so I'm sure I'll be stuck here.

That's why I miss California! The warm weather year round but minus the humidity ;)

Dh and I dtd last night and I woke up to some brown bleeding! :( I know it is to be expected, but it still freaked us out. That was the first time since e found out e were expecting like 2 months ago, and definitely makes me not want to do it again! I'm hoping and praying it's nothing, I have my next appointment in the morning and getting to hear the heartbeat our even seeing my little bean will make us breathe a lot easier!

Try not to be worried! As you said you know it's normal, there's so much more blood flow to those parts now, I know I would be worried to, just relax and have faith, your baby will be just fine!

Jamie, don’t worry if your symptoms come and go, it seems to be quite normal. I freaked out completely when I woke up one day and the ONLY symptom I had seemed to have disappeared overnight at 8 weeks, but your placenta will be taking over soon so your symptoms will hopefully lessen!

Travelling from here is really expensive so no babymoon for us, but if all goes well I’m looking forward to taking the baby to Europe next summer! DH would rather go during winter so he can go skiing but I want to hit the summer sales in July :D

Terrissa, I’ve read it’s VERY common to bleed after sex during pregnancy but I’ve also been too scared to DTD (DH is very grumpy because of that). I hope you are feeling reassured after your appointment today.

A part of my message seems to have disappeared from my last post. I was saying : 10 kids!! You brave, crazy lady. I’m too old at 33 to contemplate more than 2 but we’ll see how I cope with 1 to start with haha. I wanted to be done by 30 but the best-laid plans and all…

I live on a small island so the beach is never very far, however I’m not a beach person so hardly ever go! I think the last time I swam in the sea (ocean?) was over 15 years ago.

Is anyone else having vivid dreams? I feel like I haven’t had a proper night’s sleep in weeks, I keep having the craziest dreams all night long and wake up shattered!

Fleur-I sure hope these symptoms subside soon! When we lived in California, we were not far from the beach either but I was the same way when it came to swimming in the ocean, actually I don't like swimming in any natural waters lol! I used to as a kid so often but I'm terrified of it now ;)

I've had some pretty crazy dreams! But most of the time I'm out so hard that I forget what my dream is about haha!

Terissa how'd your appointment go?

Same here, I'd rather swim (laze around) in a pool... i don't like the feeling of having sand stuck on my skin!

I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow! Even though I know anything can happen, we are never promised tomorrow, I have assurance in my faith and the fact that I had finally started to miscarry with my mmc before this time. My scan is next Friday and I can't wait! Hoping to see the little bean if possible but we will see ;)

So do any of you ladies want to take a guess at when baby will actually arrive? I know it's early still but it might be fun to look back and see our guesses! I think my little bean will be here November 1st or sooner ;) my dd is nov 14th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->