{CLOSED GROUP} Journey to BFP and Beyond!

Zaycain, for me my pregnancy test didn't turn negative until about 12 days after my bleeding stopped so those hormones can stick around for awhile unfortunately :(

I'm 7 dpo today. I told myself I would wait until 10dpo to test, but naturally I couldn't hold out and tested this morning with a BFN. I never realized how nervous I would be taking tests again looking for a positive. It really is scary to try to move forward and try again. I'm just nervous of everything happening all over again even though they say the odds aren't any worse after a MC...I just can't help but think it will happen again next time.

Zaycain, for me my pregnancy test didn't turn negative until about 12 days after my bleeding stopped so those hormones can stick around for awhile unfortunately :(

I'm 7 dpo today. I told myself I would wait until 10dpo to test, but naturally I couldn't hold out and tested this morning with a BFN. I never realized how nervous I would be taking tests again looking for a positive. It really is scary to try to move forward and try again. I'm just nervous of everything happening all over again even though they say the odds aren't any worse after a MC...I just can't help but think it will happen again next time.

I'm sorry about the BFN. :( Try again in the next few days. I will send prayers your way. Waiting is excruciating.

I can understand about being scared. My body isn't prepared to start trying again and in my mind I go back and forth on being ready to for another go. I almost just want to be pregnant again so I can forget that I even lost something, but I'm not sure that's the best way to go either.

I desperately want to be intimate with DH.. mostly because I just want to be close with him again. :nope:

Sil, sorry for your bfn. But it's still early so you're not out yet. :)

I'm going to get my blood drawn today to test my level. Really hoping it's all gone, but since I'm still lightly bleeding, I'm thinking it probably won't be

And zaycain, I know what you mean about being close with your husband, I've been feeling the same way! It'll happen. :)

Good luck today tcinks! Hopefully your levels are lower, I'll be thinking of you. Be sure to check in once you know.

Zaycain that part can definitely be tough. Are there other ways you can feel close to DH? Lots of cuddles? Favorite meal or movie together?

Actually ... we are very close. We both work from home together. In fact, I'm having such a horrible emotional day today that he drove me to a meeting a waited in the car for me. So I'm very very lucky with that.

I guess it's more the actual intimacy I miss. I was so nauseated the last three weeks of the pregnancy I just couldn't stomach it.

Good luck tcinks. When will you find out?

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow. The blood draw place is in the doctors office so it really shouldn't take long to get the results.

When does your doctor say it's okay to be intimate again? Or are you just waiting until you feel ready? My doctor says it's fine even though I'm still bleeding a bit.

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow. The blood draw place is in the doctors office so it really shouldn't take long to get the results.

When does your doctor say it's okay to be intimate again? Or are you just waiting until you feel ready? My doctor says it's fine even though I'm still bleeding a bit.

Ok.. keep us posted. Have you ever used those cheap HPT? I was thinking about buying them just to monitor the levels myself. Just out of curiosity and not from keeping crazy.

I can get intimate 2 weeks after the D&C which was last Friday. They want to avoid infection since they dilated me. *sigh* Our bodies. SMH.

Yes, the dollar hpt are great! Work just as well as the expensive ones. That's what I have been using and what I used when I found out I was pregnant. But I just want to get actual level so I know how far I have to go.

But seriously, don't buy the expensive ones. ;)

Glad you asked, I forgot to call! I just did now and hopefully they get back soon. :)

How are you today?

Haha.. I love how I'm more curious that you are now!

I think I'm much better physically today.

A close friend of mine is 17 weeks with twins. She was having problems for 4 years.. so I am very happy for her. She found out about the miscarriage and said nice things.. but then promptly talked about her pregnancy. I just needed a week or two off from it you know?

I'm keeping my distance for a little bit, but I don't want it to ruin the friendship. I'm hoping I'll be able to deal with it in a few weeks as I don't want this experience to turn me into a complete bitch. You know?

Anyway.. keep us posted on everything. I ordered the cheap testers and they should be here by tomorrow.

I'm sorry it's like that with your friend. :/ My sister in law and a close friend both just had a baby, and my sister is pregnant with her second. I haven't seen my friend yet, maybe this weekend. I feel bad that I've kind of been avoiding her, but its hard. My SIL I have seen, it's kind of hard to avoid family. My husband and I are so happy for them, but it's so hard, especially with the holidays coming up, I know everyone will be baby crazy . I really want to be pregnant again before Christmas!

What hpt did you order? How much were they? I always get mine at the $1 tree, but I've heard there are even cheaper ones online.

Yes.. Holidays will definitely be difficult. Of course we are happy for them, but we are going through our own tough times too.

I ordered these: https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Pregn...ef=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1415920344&sr=1-3

Super cheap! I'm not sure if I need 50 of them.. but I mean, if HCG lasts a while then it might be helpful.

Oh I've heard those are good, I should have ordered them! Have you had your levels tested at all since the mc?

Doctors office just called back, hcg at 42. Getting closer!! I also passed something today that looked like it might be tissue, so maybe that was the end of it! I'll test in the morning on a hpt.

Oh man.. SOOO close! Let me know how the test is tomorrow!

No levels tested. I was 76k the week before the ultrasound, then 58k when I found out I was miscarrying.

I have a follow up appointment in two weeks, but I doubt they will check levels again. I'll try to wait it out now that I have 50 hpt tests! Hah.

zaycain, wondfo are what I use :) they can be a little slow to show results. Make sure you wait the entire 5 minutes and then check because sometimes it can pop up at the 4 or 5 min mark when you think it is negative at the 2-3 minute mark. Other than that, they are wonderful tests. I like them because they are cheap so for people addicted to peeing on sticks like me you don't have to spend a fortune.

tcinks, so close! hopefully it won't be much longer now

So, I got the package and promptly took the test. I'm 7 days past D&C and the line was about 50% of the lightness. Not as bad as I was thinking.

I have so many I'll probably test again next Wednesday. Kinda an interesting experiment. I only took two tests while I was pregnant so this multiple testing is new to me. :)

How are you ladies doing?

I am tempted to buy some of those test but I can't stand the 'read a line' ones! They drive me crazy thinking I see a line, or maybe I don't, but maybe I do?! I have to get the ones that say pregnant/not pregnant or the yes/no. They're so expensive that I limit myself to one box each...haha.

I always use cheapie ones! I bought a first response once, but I got a positive on the dollar brand the same time! So no more expensive ones. ;)

I tested this morn....still positive one month later. :/

Hi ladies! I'm a little late joining, but zaycain recommended I join since I am in the same boat as everyone else. I found out I was pregnant on 9/28 and had my first appointment 10/22. Baby only measured 6+1 (should have been 7+6), but had a heartbeat. I had my beta done at work (I work at a small hospital) and in a week it had gone from the very low 4500ish to only 7400ish. I knew there was a problem for sure. I called and they got me back in the next day. Should now be 8+5, but baby measured 6+1 still and no longer had a heartbeat (10/28). Had a trip scheduled for the next day and went anyway. Had my d&c the morning after I returned on 11/4. Beta was always very low for me, so I had hoped my test would be back to negative since I haven't had any spotting for about 6 days. Still had a faint positive tonight. Glad I picked up an armload of dollar store tests, because it looks like I will still need a few more.

Hubby has been super supportive through all this. I kind of knew something wasn't right from the beginning and just kept cautioning him not to get too excited--even after we saw the heartbeat. I guess I could just tell somehow. I had come to terms with it by the time our second u/s revealed that we no longer had a hb. Poor dh went white as a sheet and the doctor made him sit down. I thought he was going to hit the floor. Emotionally, I am dealing with this a little TOO well. My only random crying spell came nearly a week after the d&c when I was watching romantic movies all day... inevitably someone got pregnant and I started crying because I still wanted to be pregnant. I have a lot of other friends that are pregnant right now, so it is difficult to watch them post all of their pictures as they progress through their pregnancies and get their bumps and find out the baby's gender... and none of them ever even knew I was pregnant. I feel so left out... I had hoped to have a bump by holiday family gathering season, so now I feel like Thanksgiving and Christmas will be utterly depressing now--especially because everyone in the family knows I lost the baby.

As far as trying again... my doctor said try again 2nd cycle... I don't know what the reasoning is... I have my follow-up appointment on Tuesday, so I may go ahead and just ask her if we can start trying in December if we feel ready. I don't want to get myself out of the "it's easier to get pregnant right after you have been pregnant" window and end up trying for a long time after that. I feel like I would regret not trying sooner in that situation.

This is going to be such a great group of ladies. Can't wait to get to know all of you better (I already read through all of the other pages!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->