{CLOSED GROUP} Journey to BFP and Beyond!

Tcinks - that's great to hear about your hpt! Crazy that we are all so excited about not seeing that second line now!!

I took raspberry leaf supplements before my bfp and found they helped my periods to become heavier as mine were so light at first I was worried. I have never been able to find the actual tea though!

Wow kdmalk- that's a lot of working out. Very impressive!! I'm one for just having a swim every other day. I find it clears my head and like you say lets out all the negative energy. I'm looking forwatd to being able to get back to it! Anyone know how long I should wait before swimming again after d&c?

As for genetic testing, I hAve found that, although extremely hard to hear, it has given me a little closure hearing why we lost our baby. We are still having testing to see what the risks of reoccurrence is, which is scary but I think if it comes back low it should prevent me stressing so much!

Maybe I should avoid the tea, on second thought. The LAST thing I want is a heavier period. Lol. Mine is heavy enough as it is.

So no tests were done on baby, so I will never know exactly what the problem was. She did say that as soon as I am pregnant again, she will put me on progesterone just in case. I doubt that was the reason because I didn't have a single spot or drop of blood the entire pregnancy, but I doubt it will harm anything.

As far as ttc, she said ntnp for a few months, but she gave us the go ahead to technically try again in December. YAY!!! We probably won't do smep like I was thinking, but I will probably go ahead and try for a few days in a row when I get a positive opk. I guess that is essentially the same thing, but whatever. lol. I have never been so excited for AF! Come on!

Hi all,

Been crazy busy and stressed at work, so I haven't had time to check in.

Tcinks - So happy to hear about your negative! Have fun. :)

Hanrh - Good to know. I find out next week.. hopefully I'll have some answers that aren't devastating.

kdmalk - Looks like we are on the same timeline! Come on AF let's go!

AFM - I am super crampy, my ovaries are twingy, I am still spotty, and I have had loads of diarrhea. I think it's from the work stress, but I really don't think my uterus is ready just yet. I may or may not take a HPT test today just out of curiosity. We will see how it goes.

I also was going to work out today, but I'm postponing it till tomorrow. I am exhausted from work. Looking forward to more sleep tonight!

Oh and btw .. I declare we don't use 'sorry TMI'. No shame for what our bodies have been and are going through!

Hi all - I am little behind everyone but would love to join this group. I have my D&C schedule for Friday - I would be 11 weeks today, but baby stopped growing somewhere during week 7.

I'm so happy to be having the procedure and moving on. But I think I haven't really dealt with the sadness of losing the baby. I think June is going to be a hard month, since that is when I would have been due. I was so happy for my little girl to have a sibling, and it's killing me to have to wait more time now. I'm also nervous because I'm 34 and my husband is 41, and we are getting into the real danger stage of high risk for miscarriage / chromosomal defects.

I think we will try again right away. I wish my miscarriage had happened naturally, but even though it's not, I still want to get back on the horse, so to speak. But I'll be super nervous throughout the whole first trimester, I am sure.

I'm so sorry for everyone here going through this.

Hey zaycain! I was wondering where you'd been. :) And I agree with your declaration about tmi!

I was wrong about the negative the other day. :/ ,I tested again yesterday and was still positive, but the lightest I'd seen. I went ahead and ordered some super cheapies online since I'm testing so much, hoping they get here soon.

Coucou11, I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad you found us. It's been so helpful to have this group of women who can.share in what I'm going through. I'm not really sure if d&c or natural is better, in terms of trying again right away. Mine was natural and 5 weeks later everything still isn't out of my system! I think sometimes with d&c everything is removed more completely so levels drop faster. I don't know. I'm just ready to feel like myself again, and to get pregnant!

How is everyone doing today? Any good news?

Thanks for checking in, zaycain. I was getting a bit worried that we hadn't heard from you in a few days. Sorry work has been stressful... What a terrible time to have extra stress at work!

Coucou- I remember you from the June group. My due date was June 4. I hate that you had to join us over here. I think we are all going to have a crazy first trimester when we get pregnant again. I am kind of terrified, but have decided not to cross that bridge until I get there. I hope you catch your eggie quickly when you start ttc again. Let me know if you have any questions from the d&c. Honestly, my experience was as good as it can be in that situation. I stopped bleeding quickly, felt very little pain, and felt well enough to be out doing things here and there right after. We went to lunch right after I woke up. Lol. It took me about a week to process emotionally after the d&c... But I am feeling better now. Hope your procedure goes smoothly. :hugs:

Hi ladies, I haven't posted in here in a week or so, but I just wanted to let you all know I got my BFP just 4 weeks after my miscarriage (to the day, actually). I wanted to thank you for listening and let you know I have my fingers crossed for all of you. I feel a bit odd posting since I am a bit ahead and many of you are still in the grief process and working through the early stages of miscarrying. (actually, even with my BFP I too still grieve my loss like it was yesterday. it's sort of a weird place to be in).

I wanted to wish everyone luck and I hope that you get your sticky BFP's soon too!

Afm... I just want to pee on sticks. Lol. My pregnancy test was so light on Monday that I am sure it is negative by now. I have taken a couple opks just to see. I hear you don't typically ovulate right after... but I am just curious. We wouldn't try if they were positive, but like I said, I just have the urge to pee on sticks right now. No surprise that all opks have been negative. Maybe I'll get a good hold going and poas when I get home just to make sure the preg test has really gone negative. And maybe I'll waste another opk just to see if it is getting any darker. I think I have officially gone off the deep end, ladies. Lol.

Sil, that is great news! That definitely gives me hope. Please update us on how things are going.

Thank you kdmalks, I'm so glad to have this support here. I'm hoping for a smooth procedure as well, obviously. I'll just be glad to have it done and moving on. I'm hoping to go through one cycle in Dec. and start trying again in Jan (unless my doc says I can start earlier).

tcinks, I hope those levels drop soon! Fingers crossed for you!!

Do you ladies think you will start using opks / temping again? I am torn between trying to be more relaxed about things (and not stressing over the pregnancy every minute) and also really wanting to get pregnant again right away, and giving myself the best chance.

I will use opks the first month, then will start temping the next month if we don't catch it that first cycle.

Yeah, as much as it is just another thing to think about, I think I will start temping again. Maybe once my levels go back to 0, although I'm not even sure my doctor will test them (she didn't test them once during the pregnancy). Or maybe I'll just start right away after the D&C. I like the idea of at least knowing if I ovulated at some point.

Congratulations Sil!!! So glad for you :) I was beginning to wonder where you were.

Kdmalk, I hope you're using the cheap ones! Haha. I have been kind of crazy about testing too. I ran out of the $1 ones monday and ordered some even cheaper ones online yesterday. I hope they get here soon, I'm ready to test again!!!!!

My opks are actually the expensive cb digital ones (but the pack had 20... I plan to use maybe 6 or 7 and save the rest for next month). But I went to the $ store and grabbed 10 cheapies for preg tests. I have only used two. I don't think I will use another. Like I said... just want to pee on things.

In other news, my opk this evening is showing a nice progression. First time with a full line. Hoping that means I am going to ovulate this cycle. Will give me an idea of when to expect AF... which will be fantastic. I would love her to show up somewhere around on time. I'm going to say December 3 or 4. We will see!

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi cou.. So sorry for your loss. It's so hard.. Especially when the d&c hasn't been done yet.

Kd and I both were in the June group. :( I never temped or used opks. I didn't think I would but maybe I might invest since I know everything is out of wack.

Sil- again super happy for you. You give us all hope. Please keep us posted on your journey!

Afm.. I gave DH a "treat" for being so amazing, since I can't actually DTD till Friday.

It got me excited and it seemed make my bleeding a little heavier. Any experience with this?

Zaycain I have done the same, in hopes that it might help clear everything out. I'm technically not bleeding anymore at this point, just spotting/discharge, but it does seem to cause more. I look at it as a good thing, as long as your bleeding isn't out of control.

wow sil a BFP, that's such amazing news! That definitely gives me hope and makes me feel there is some truth in what people say about its easier to get pregnant straight after a mc.

welcome coucou. Im so sorry for your loss, as other ladies have said, if you have any questions about the d&c etc please ask. As for opks and temping, i have been temping since the beginning of this week as i was an avid temper before my bfp and found i became quite good at recognising where i was in my cycle. I am hoping it will show my hormones decreasing through temp drop, which it kind of is at the moment. i also thought it would show me if i ovulated. I haven't taken any opks yet, but seeing other peoples makes me want to do one! maybe next week as its still early days for me.

kdmalk - that progression looks great. those are the opks i use, and i always think they are pretty accurate. fx you ovulate soon! are you using it with the monitor? if so, what reading are you getting?

afm, still waiting for this bleeding/spotting to stop! it keeps teasing me with nothing all night/morning and then just when i think ive got past it, its back!!!

Hanrh- the monitor is still giving me the blank circle. I guess I expect this much because people say the test line will be as dark as the control for it to be positive. I am just having some hope in the fact that the line seems a little darker today.

Dh and I dtd for the first time since the d&c... (WE SAID NO TMI, SO BE WARNED!) my cm right now has like magically dried up (which is curious if I thought I was going to O soon. I should expect this cycle to be wonky!) anyway... Doctor told us to wrap up until after AF, so without the lube on the condom, this would have been a very painful and unpleasant experience. Lol. AND IT WAS MY GRAND IDEA! Lol. Definitely still not super pleasurable... So just a warning for those of you who haven't :sex: yet. But that was just MY experience. Hope yours is like dancing on rainbows with a unicorn. Lol.

Tcinks - Thanks. I felt it was cleaning it out. It was like ovulation cm. Bodies are so confusing!

Kd - HAHA! That icon had my dying. Are you still bleeding a little? I can't remember. I am and we have permission tomorrow. We might have postpone our magical night. I'm still not feeling 100% down there.

Can someone give me an overview of OPKs? Of course... I went and bought some. Do they show positive with HCG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->