• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Says the atheist. Yay the blizzard finally hit. It was much worse than in the video but that was the start of the storm. We already are up to 4 inches on the deck now!

Time to get some cold weather cuddling.

https://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a548/renaendel/th_3EFBAA15-D0B9-4508-87C2-5F22292BE3DC_zpspzf2geln.jpg

While I've lived through plenty of snow storms and a few ice storms, I can honestly say that I've dodged the blizzard bullet. And I would be fine to never live through a blizzard. Ever.

I've always wanted to go to Montana. There is just "something" about the wide open space. It just looks gorgeous. If I ever plan to come there, I'll plan to come during the summer!

Ha. Um... Wide open spaces are pretty. But you can't stare at those ALL day and there's not much else to do in this area. ;) Though Montana does have some good bars and restaurants sometimes.

My brother's girlfriend is from Wyoming and I've always wanted to go there- but definitely in the summer! And just to visit, not to live!

I am hoping for no snow messing up my Christmas travel plans. One problem with flying through Philadelphia rather than Atlanta or Charlotte is more risk of snow, but then again, there was a problem with snow in Atlanta a few years ago too!

Our Christmas Tree & decorations are up :yipee: our house looks all festive now :happydance:

Boxing Day in the UK is the day after Christmas Day and is a Bank Holiday - basically it is when the sales start & going to the shops is a big no no unless you are mad! :haha: We basically have Boxing Day as Christmas Day #2 as we spend Christmas Day with the inlaws and then Boxing Day with my family :thumbup:

Boxing day here is basically only observed as a day of frustration and fear by retail workers. That lady who assaulted you on Black Friday? She wants to return AAAALL that shit. No, she doesn't have a receipt. You're an inept fucking idiot, and she wants to speak to your manager and have you fired for even daring to think of asking for her receipt. But it's going to take a while to get the manager, because he's probably crying in the fetal position in the back room.

Boxing Day. The day I wish I was allowed to bring boxing gloves to work.

^What Ginger said. The 26th is the day ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the crap gets returned. :dohh:

Getting some snow here now. the dog is over the moon. Grumble grumble. Lol.

For some reason I can only attach one photo at a time but here's some of my Xmas decor. The iPhone doesn't really love taking pictures of lights, I don't think it knows what to do with them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 10
And my sideboard where we hang all of our stockings (not sure if we'll get one for the baby this year or just wait til next year) including the cats and dog. The lights are too bright I think to see the decorations on top. Oh well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 9
So hopefully soon I can make a target run. I want to acquire a small fake tree to go next to the sideboard for all of our personalized ornaments and our childhood ones. That way my real Christmas tree can be pretty and matchy matchy still.

That's a good idea. :) Someday I want to do 2 trees so we can have a pretty one and a memorabilia one. But we have to have room for 2 first!

My tree will never be matchy matchy. I think those trees are so pretty, but I just don't have it in me to make them look like they do in the stores. Our tree is hodge podge. Just a collection of ornaments that we've collected over the years. And I'm far too lazy to have two trees. :)

My tree will never be matchy matchy. I think those trees are so pretty, but I just don't have it in me to make them look like they do in the stores. Our tree is hodge podge. Just a collection of ornaments that we've collected over the years. And I'm far too lazy to have two trees. :)

Same here. Although I love all of the different ornaments. Gives the tree some character!

Oh I don't have the room either Biblio, my house is 800 sq ft so it's going to have to be pretty small so I figure it's easy to find a fake tree like that. I normally hate fake trees but as long as my main tree in the window is real I think I can deal. I've never hung any of my personalized ornaments because I like my matchy matchy tree so this will be nice! Plus it'll give me somewhere to put ugly kid-made ornaments they inevitably will bring home in the years to come. :haha:

I'm too much of a hippie to get a real tree... and I totally dont judge anyone who does, totally cool.

I have a black tree, that took me years to hunt down. I love it. And, it is matchy matchy... I made a good percent of the ornaments on it... and it's skirt. And, a collar for my cat that matches the tree skirt... heehehee. I love crafty stuff. Can you tell?

Gosh. I am so sad now... Where the hell is my tree anyways!!!!! :(

Omg Snack, I've been dying to hunt down leopard print ornaments but the only ones I can find are freakin pricey! Right now I use all red lights on the tree and have red and silver and white ornaments but I am so tired of my blah ornaments.

Black tree?!?! :thumbup: I demand a photo once it's up!

You know what... I wanted something leopard print last year, also. I went to a craft store and ran into leopard-print poinsettias (fake of course). I bought a wreath, like the twiggy grape-vine ones, and a bunch of random Christmas-y little bunches I found...
I made the wreath, and added some black leather strap randomly wrapped around it (to match my tree). Wah-lah! Everyone LOVES my wreath. It's kinda like a metal band dated a pin-up girl... :) <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->