• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[CLOSED GROUP]Team Festivus 2014: Let's party! Where's the eggnog?

I was at my friend's last night and she's got a black tree and a white tree. If I wasn't so attached to real ones that smell good, I might try that. :) But we are fond of our matchy trees. Even if they stay fairly simple. We usually just go buy $30 of cheap ornaments and use white lights and maybe some ribbon and that's it. And then save the ornaments. So in another 5 years, we'll have TONS.

Snack, I can't wait to see those unique decorations you speak of. They sound awesome!

JJ, I love what you've posted so far! I can still see the nutcracker guys on top even though it's blurry. Also, the wine glasses in your cabinet reminded me it's time for some wine!

I never thought about using one tree for the memory ornaments and one matchy matchy one. Right now both my trees are matchy matchy, though my mom did give me 4 non matchy ones that are cute today.

Here is my tree sorry it is blurry tho

https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/tanyaparker_01/ed21651128049fba1d6660bef7b8921c.jpg

It is mainly good with red little bells and up he top are 2 tartan red teddies which are for each of my furbabies (Lela & Chloe) and a big gold heart which is for our 1st furbaby Lilly who died at 6 mths - the rest of our decorations around the house are red (only time I like red is at Christmas or on my nails :wacko:)

Pretty! Can't wait to see more pictures!

We don't do trees in my house.

Pretty! I wonder if anywhere will be open to buy a tree on Sunday.... I really want to get it up this weekend but I have a thing all day Saturday and hubby won't even get home until after I'm done with that, and we'll both be exhausted! Stoooopid small town.

Very beautiful, Twag!

Twag, you have a cat with the same name that I plan to name my daughter if I ever have one. :haha: Lela. There's a story behind the name, which I'll tell someday if I ever find out I'm pregnant with a girl. Let's just say that I've had this name picked out since I was 2.

Biblio, I hope you find a tree on Sunday! I want to get mine on Sunday too.

Lionchild she is a dog sorry ladies but i am a dog lady not cats i like them don't get me wrong :thumbup:

i have 2 beautiful wrinkly shar pei <3

The name is after the character in Futurama lol DH picked it

One of my former coworkers has a daughter with that name- also named from Futurama!

Twag- lovely tree. I think the blurriness makes it look even cosier!

Snack- your decor sounds amazing! Looking forward to pics!

For my fellow Elf on a Shelf haters!

https://www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com/2011/12/over-achieving-elf-on-shelf-mommies.html

^^LMAO!

A facebook friend just posted a picture of her Elf on the Shelf watching TV with the remote control in its lap. There was popcorn all over the place and she said that the message will be that Elf needs to have a sit down meeting with her and the kids and they can talk about appropriate behavior. LOL She also went on to say that God is watching and while no one deserved forgiveness, they should practice showing compassion to those who need help. She went on and ON and ON about God and this and that and the stupid Elf. :dohh:

This made me laugh too:

https://deadspin.com/my-kids-insane-christmas-wish-list-annotated-1476311653

I don't get the point of the ELF, though I have seen a few friends post some cute ones on Instagram.

I love the inappropriate elf on a shelf pictures!

https://www.babble.com/mom/elves-go...s-photos-of-elf-on-the-shelf/yellow-snow-elf/

Saw this and made me think of you guys!

Attachments

• 1465169_646441105398587_366477668_n.jpg
    1465169_646441105398587_366477668_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members