• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

Daaaaaayum girls! Lookin' REAL good!

GP - I can watch any scary movie ever and I'm not affected (does not include slasher movies, can't do gore) but when hubs and I saw The Grudge in theaters one year on my birthday... I swear I've never been so scared in my life! I had trouble falling asleep and being alone for awhile and he was even worse! He'd wake up and night and think I was facing him but staring at him through my black hair. He still get super serious and mad when I do THE sound (usually while he's in the shower, I hit the lights and do it) and he's the most easy going guy, nothing pisses him off. So it's not just you. I still watch scary movies all the time hoping to get scared like that again. Never happens.

For me, I was scared to lay in bed in case that thing came up under the covers! :wacko:

And I used to do that sound in my dorn room to my roomie who saw it with me in high school she FLIPPED OUT every time. :rofl:

Mrs JJ- I'm like you- I can't get scared at movies at all. In general, I'm a complete under-reactor when it comes to any sort of fear-arousal response. I love the rare occasion I have a nightmare because i get that heart pounding feeling- I used to try to give myself nightmares when I was little because I found it so exciting! I've tried to set the scene with scary films- like watching them when alone at night with a thunderstorm outside, but it doesn't work.

Totally Fezzle! Though I can't say I like nightmares mostly because mine are just sad, not really scary. But I try to scare myself with movies, never happens. Every year my girlfriends and I usually do something like Knott's Scary Farm or Universal Hollywood Horror Nights and they're always screaming and hiding behind me. I am hoping one day to find something scary enough to scare me!

I can watch scary movies like no one's business...

BUT...

then I get home and sleep with a night light. :haha:

Sometimes, my dreams scare me enough to wake up and put a night light on. :rofl:

I tried watching Hocus Pocus, but I got too sad at the beginning when Thackery's sister died.

Stupid hormones are ruining Halloween! https://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/shalloween_pumpkin_nice_crying_100-100.gif?w=1200&h=

I can't do scary movies. I will have nightmares for days. I don't sleep that much/well anyway so I tend not to mess with my sleep. :)

Mrs JJ- I'm like you- I can't get scared at movies at all. In general, I'm a complete under-reactor when it comes to any sort of fear-arousal response. I love the rare occasion I have a nightmare because i get that heart pounding feeling- I used to try to give myself nightmares when I was little because I found it so exciting! I've tried to set the scene with scary films- like watching them when alone at night with a thunderstorm outside, but it doesn't work.

Ditto. The only movie that remotely did anything to me was Event Horizon (which I still fucking LOVE). I still love the older movies more, did a much better job of suspense and plot lines than almost anything post-2000. I seriously watch slasher films for fun and burst out laughing in the theater watching Dawn of the Dead (re-make), when the little girl hopped up in a crouched position in the hallway at the beginning of the movie (we're supposed to be scared of a 7 year old?) and really lost it during Hostel, when they cut the kid's Achilles tendon and he flopped over like a fish. Sill curious if that would really happen to someone, as in theory, that's what should happen. No worries, don't plan on experimenting on anyone!

I tried watching Hocus Pocus, but I got too sad at the beginning when Thackery's sister died.

Stupid hormones are ruining Halloween! https://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/shalloween_pumpkin_nice_crying_100-100.gif?w=1200&h=

Awwww! Just fast forward through that part next time!

I can't do scary movies. I will have nightmares for days. I don't sleep that much/well anyway so I tend not to mess with my sleep. :)

Finally. A difference between us! Now I know you are a real person and not just a figment of my imagination!

PS. We totally got our Boxer boy a Ziggy-inspired costume.

Ha! It was bound to happen. :) I know they are so unrealistic it isn't even funny, but for some reason they just get me. I've only managed to watch the Wizard of Oz once because of the stupid wicked witch.

I must see this costume on the cute little smushy face!

You will! Probably on Halloween though, didn't take any pictures when we tried it on him yesterday, but super cute!

All pet costumes are 25% off on Petco's website, y'all. They have some adorable ones. (Including a kitty shirt collar with a skull tie!)

All pet costumes are 25% off on Petco's website, y'all. They have some adorable ones. (Including a kitty shirt collar with a skull tie!)

Lol I bought that yesterday for my Zo!! He looks crazy debonair!!

Oh Clandie, I do love me some Zombie flicks too! My faaaaaav!! But Hostel, no. For some reason I can do Zombie gore but not slasher gore. I tried to watch some French slasher flick once, some guy just killing a family... All of a sudden I burst into sobs! Didn't even suspect it coming. Weirdest thing.

Haha ok, maybe I'll get around to putting everyone in their outfits today. Camille (pup) got a ladybug outfit, Zo (cat) got his tie cause he refuses to walk in clothing and Loki ("kitten") got a devil costume cause it's way more fitting than the angel costume. I also got some super cute purple bat wings just as a back up. I'd put them on my other cat, Persephone, but pretty sure she'd shit herself from stress. But damn it would have been cute.

I hate the slasher flicks, people just randomly killing for kicks, maybe because it reminds me that there are real nut bags out there. but give me ghost, possessed, haunted, zombie movies any time!

Walking Dead Season 3 is on Netflix. Screening starts in 15 minutes at our house. :haha:

Mmmmmm I llllllooooooovvvveeeeee me some Walking Dead!

Hubs and I decided to do a Zombie theme this year. I'll be Pregger Zombie with Zombie Boo, Hubs will be a Daddy Zombie and we'll do up the garage all creepy and watch Zombie movies (World War Z, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later) and let the kids come into the garage to trick or treat. It's pretty swank out there, it's Hubs's mancave. His desk and computer and playstation and TV are out there and there are nice chairs and a rug. Throw some skulls, cobwebs and a black light in and you're good to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->