[CLOSED GROUP] ((^,,,^)) Team Halloween ((^,,,^)) (Congrats Cowgirl07)

We have a church and graveyard at the top of the road, this chap is buried there
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_FitzRoy
If you scan down the article you'll see his grave, and in the background the block of flats at the top of my road

I'd be ok with a cemetery- not a prison, though.
And those developers definitely deserve whatever comes at them!

Too quiet over here...figure I'd pick things up with a Halloween Question or two!

What is your all time fav scary movie? Why that one?

Which one of these is scarier?
a. IT
b. The Exorcist
C. The Grudge

"IT" had me fricked out for yeaaaars! I mean I couldn't step over the drains in the side of the road without getting anxious! :haha:

For scariest = IT!!!!!

I have a fear of clowns because of that movie. :wacko:

And for favorite scary movies? Out of those, probably the Exorcist. But really, I enjoyed the Saw series. haha I had a HARD time watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre though. I had to pause quite a few times and walk around. My dogs had enough of me and my squealing and jumping and all left me on the couch alone. LOL

What is your all time fav scary movie? Why that one?

None! My favorite Halloween movies are Hocus Pocus and NMBC! :wacko:

Does "Shaun of the Dead" count? I like that one.

Which one of these is scarier?
a. IT
b. The Exorcist
c. The Grudge

Gonna have to go with The Grudge because it's the only one of those I've seen. I will NEVER watch IT because... fucking hell. I hate clowns, so why would I do that to myself?!

The Wizard of Oz. It scares the piss out of me. Always has. I've never seen any of the others you mentioned. :)

I'm not sure I've seen any of those Lilly :( I fail at Halloween.

From my youth I remember being most scared by poltergeist.

I'm not sure I've seen those... My "classic" Halloween movie education is horribly lacking. And the only time I think about it is around Halloween when everyone's already rented them. Lol.

GP I love Shaun of the Dead too.
I just asked DH who said there was an episode of the waltons with a poltergeist that freaked him out when he was younger. Eh?

I liked Shaun of the Dead.

Anyone seen Witches of Eastwick? LOVE that movie! :thumbup:

The first movie to really scare me was called 'Dolls' from 1987. I went to a slumber party and her parents let us all watch this! It was probably the WORST thing you could ever show to young girls. I couldn't sleep for about a week. It was made worse by all of the dolls in my room. I actually saw a few minutes of this movie on TV as an adult many years later - and of course it's totally cheesy. :haha:
I would say IT is probably the scariest of the three to me, but the Exorcist isn't far behind in my book. Honestly movies like Silence of the Lambs freak me out the most because there really are people like that out there. I think movies like Halloween are fun to watch, but OH is so afraid to watch movies like that! It's hilarious what a scaredy-cat he is! :rofl:
I like witches of eastwick too!

Attachments

• dolls.jpg
    dolls.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2
OMG Dolls, I forgot about that one. I also watched it as a kid at my uncles house. Recently my biological father gave me a full box of those ugly scary dolls, he said for my future daughter. I took them because I did not want to be mean, well they are in the garage, and I plan on giving them away, no way do I want those inside my house.

Favorite Halloween movie? Hmmmm, I can't think of any right now.

Scariest, probably The Exorcist for me.

Speaking of "dolls", remember Child's Play with Chucky? Well I had the kid sister doll and was scared after that! I remember I had a closet just for my toys and one night I heard something fall over in there...I swear I thought she was coming to get me!! :wacko::haha:

Oh remember the original Pet Cemetary?! That baby was so sad but scary at the same time!!

I saw that movie, thx to those kind of movies my siblings and I did not play much with toys, haha. I also saw that movie at my uncles house, that uncle was bad influence, haha.

For some reason, my parents let me watch the IT miniseries when it came out. I was about nine or so, I think. Hands down, the scariest movie I have ever seen. It gave me a lifelong fear of bathtub drains and clowns.

Again, for some reason I can't explain now, I watched The Exorcist (alone, at night) when I was out of town visiting a friend in high school. It was scary, but mostly because I was alone in an unfamiliar house on the outskirts of a small Podunk Texas town. It still didn't hold a candle to IT.

The Grudge I saw when I was much older. It didn't bother me nearly as much as the other two.

I agree with Ameli - I'm most scared of serial killer/mentally-ill-mass-murderer/vengeful-criminal movies because I feel like there are enough of them that I might actually encounter one. (I don't think I'm interesting enough for a ghost to want to mess with me, and I hope to die as soon as a zombie apocalypse starts, so I don't worry so much about those.)

I have actually never seen IT. I must find it somewhere and see what all the talk is about.

Love the avatar change MIZZY! Maybe I'll change mine for Halloween :-k

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->