[CLOSED GROUP] TTC to 1st diaper - Welcome Freya! Congrats to fezzle!

They may do Fezzle as 12 weeks is your dating scan and your NT scan if you opt to have it :thumbup:

:happydance: scan day cannot wait to see pics of baby Fez :happydance:

I hope they get a fairly accurate due date as they've told me they aren't going to let me go past it since I'll be 40. I am going to have the NT scan- that's making me more worried now than just the scan since I've been finding the heartbeat.

:hugs: try not to worry too much about the NT test they base the overall number on the measurement and your blood test but also age (which I think is stupid tbh) my number changed so much from Elliot to Issy and I was only a year older :wacko:

:hugs: hard not to worry tho I know

DH and I talked about it last night and if the risk seems too high for comfort, we're going to pay for the Harmony test. We're not going to do the CVS or amnio. I hope we don't have to worry about it at all though!

Yes I would have done the same no risk in the Harmony test but the other just seems too risky for my liking :hugs:

FX for you tho that you will not need to worry about any of that hun :hugs:

For the front page- my EDD is 20 March 2016, though that was based on the scan I had around 7 weeks; I'm not sure if it'll change with the scan today. Scan today!!!

I'll wait till after your scan then to update. :thumbup: Yay for your scan! I hope all goes well :hugs:

For the front page- my EDD is 20 March 2016, though that was based on the scan I had around 7 weeks; I'm not sure if it'll change with the scan today. Scan today!!!

I'll wait till after your scan then to update. :thumbup: Yay for your scan! I hope all goes well :hugs:

It was yesterday! EDD is now 13 March 2016. :happydance:

That seems so SOON Fezzle! :happydance:

If I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again, I will be considered "advanced maternal age," so my insurance will cover the Harmony genetic testing. They will only cover that OR the quad/nuchal screening, though, so I'm not sure what I'll do. My sister got a crazy high risk for Down's when she was pregnant with my niece (she was 35), but my niece was perfect. I think age is weighted crazy super heavily in that screening. So maybe we'd go for the Harmony instead. I'm not opposed to amnio in theory (if they suspected something was REALLY wrong), but there's only one doctor I would let do it (her m/c rate is something like 1/650 instead of 1/200, and she advised us - correctly - not to do amnio when I was pregnant with Ellie).

This is a story about the one who couldn't let go...

This story takes place in early 2005 when I lived in Canterbury. I was doing online dating (match.com, I think) and exchanged a few emails with a guy we'll call C. We couldn't get together because of the holidays, but had made plans for a date early in the New Year.

(Side story- for New Years Eve that year, I went to Scotland with one of my friends and was reacquainted with one of her friends I had hooked up with a few months before when we had both been visiting her in London. I was much more interested in starting something with him at the time, even though it was long distance, and it was the start of a 7 year long on and off again relationship. But, no doubt that made me less keen on C even before our first date.)

I knew a few things about C that could have been red flags: 1) he had just gotten out of a serious relationship- they'd been together since he was 19, they had a child together- and they still lived together. She cheated on him. 2) he was currently out of work, but was planning on becoming a teacher so waiting for teacher training to start, 3) at one point, he said he was 'into wolves'. But, he seemed like a sweet guy and we had a few other things in common, so I figured a first date wouldn't hurt.

For the first date, we went to a moroccan restaurant near where I lived (he lived in another nearby town). The date was fine- it was hard to say if there was any chemistry, or a flow of conversation, because he was SO nervous. I felt bad for him though as I think it was his first first date ever. Having been in a long term relationship until the age of 24 and then having to start dating, I felt some empathy. The only weird thing was a guy that worked at the restaurant tried to get me to get up and belly dance with him (as the female dancers were doing with male customers), and he acted jealous.

After the date, it was clingy-city. Granted, he didn't have a job, so might have been bored, but was constantly emailing throughout the day whether I'd replied to the last email (or last 5 emails) or not. We had another date planned, so I figured I'd see how that went and then decide.

The next date was dinner, and I felt like the conversation was all wrong. It was around the time of the inauguration (Bush's 2nd) and he had no idea what I was talking about. I found out he'd never been outside of England as he was looking forward to leaving it for the first time for his brother's upcoming wedding to Scotland. He kept talking about weddings, like wanting to know what sort of wedding I would want to have. He didn't seem to have any friends, or any sort of life really, and it was really different from the place I was at having a fun adventure living in the UK (at this point, I'd lived her for about a year). After dinner, he wanted to go for a drink, and I tried to let him down gently saying that I wished him luck, but I thought we were in different places and didn't see it working out between us. He insisted on walking me home though and still went for a snog at the door, though I managed to dodge it and close the door on him!

That weekend, I had plans to go away for the weekend to Brighton with one of my friends. This was before smartphones, so I didn't check my emails until I got back. Once I was home though, I had several emails waiting for me, all very long and all along the lines of C trying to analyse what went wrong. I emailed him back and said that I didn't think us even being friends was a good idea and didn't want to stay in touch.

I received a few more emails from him, including an e-card that said 'I'm sorry'. I just didn't respond to any of them and started sending emails from him to my junk folder. A few weekends later, he left a voicemail for me that he happened to be in my city and did I want to meet up for a coffee. I ignored that too.

On Valentine's Day (so now about a month after we went out on our 2 dates), he had put a card through my letter box. It was handmade (though at least knowing he had a young daughter, it wasn't too weird) and signed "From a fool who blew his chances". The weekend after Valentine's Day, I went on a trip to Prague. When I got back, I had missed a flower delivery. I got them and they were birthday flowers for me from him (I gave them to one of my friends and didn't thank him).

Occasionally I would have to check my junk folder and would see emails from him. By this point they weren't to me specifically, but I seemed to be part of a group email list that from the addressed seemed to include his family plus me. Some were just forwarded jokes, but then some were things like photos from his brother's wedding.

The last time I heard from him (that I know of), I saw an email from him in my junk mail folder that was just to me and inviting me to a play in Canterbury. That was in Aug that year I think.

The good news is that Facebook at some point suggested him to me as someone I might want to be friends with (maybe from my email address book). I definitely did not want to be friends with him, but I did have a peek at his profile and he was in a relationship. Though she's named Jennie (as am I, spelled the same way), but I suppose it's a popular name...

Whoa! That's a really good one!

I love your stories. Ever thought about doing a side job as a writer?

I am working on a book with a friend, but it's about child development research, so not as exciting as dating stories!

Yikes! Glad you cut that off early with him. Poor guy, but glad he's in a relationship now. Makes for a great story though! :)

Ha ha omg Fezzle but I do kind of feel sorry for him bless him

I do feel a little sorry for him too. You must have made quite an impression!

Inspired by Fezzle's journal: Names I really like but can't use because of Reasons. (I won't tell you the reasons so that I don't accidentally taint the names for you.)

Girls:
Caroline
Felicity
Juliet
Emma
Robin
Anna
Bella

Boys:
Owen
Jacob
Matthew
Ben*
Christopher**

*I still love this one, but my sister had to go and date a Ben right before she met her now-husband... My BIL would not be amused.
**My problem with this name is how people in East Texas pronounce the nickname. "Kuhreeeissss!" It should not have three syllables!

:haha: ok so here is my list

Girls:
Charlotte
Samantha
Vanessa
Leanne

Boys:
Lee
Adam
Ben

All I can think of at the moment but I am sure there are more :haha:

Are we doing names we wish we could use but can't?!

Boys
Beau (cute boy in HS, but OH doesn't like the name)
Christopher (ex)
Timothy (ex)

Girls
Michelle (OH's ex)
Athena (UGLY girl in HS)

Those are the 1st that come to mind :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members