[CLOSED GROUP] TTC to 1st diaper - Welcome Freya! Congrats to fezzle!

But I'm *well* under 100mg a day at this point, and I don't think the baby wants me to be a martyr...

(That's right. The *baby* doesn't want me to be a martyr...)
:devil:
:happydance: your baby is SO understanding and hip!

You know... When I worked at Starbucks there was this super skinny lady that use to go in. She was def not younger than 35, about 5'10, like a size 6 or 4. She went in just about once a week, sometime once every two. Suddenly I noticed she was pregnant. She got HUGE over night!
She still came in semi-regularly, she drank a quad-Americano (4 shots of espresso in hot water). I think the only time I didn't see her was about 2 months, then she came in WITH the babies! She had identical twin boys. I asked her casually about her pregnancy one day, and she just straight told me that she had a midwife, had her babies at home, and that she was told to carry-on with her usual diet, limiting her caffeine by at least half (she said she ONLY had caffeine when she came in, no more coffee at home). Also, they told her NO decaf- which I kinda knew, because the chemicals they use to strip caffeine from coffee beans is way worse for your health then actual coffee. So, she was told no caffeinated drinks other than coffee- as its caffeine is natural, and keep it limited...

I've been thinking about her. Note: her boys were adorable! I dunno what I want to do with this coffee stuff.

Awww that's interesting. Gotta do what's best for YOU. I mean people used to drink coffee daily! And some times after dinner before they new caffeine was "bad". I think moderation is probably the key. I haven't done a lot of research on the issue because I may have coffee 1-3 times in a whole month....some times months with nothing...same with soda. And I can literally go years without drinking alcohol....every blue moon I may have a wine cooler...I think the last time was Thanksgiving 2011!

I had a moment of rage at my job this afternoon and almost quit. It was all dumb stuff (continued fallout from my boss throwing me under the bus with that one client a week or so ago), but I was really seeing red. Fortunately, I raged alone in my office (I'm not sure anyone even knew I was angry), and I calmed down after about an hour of brainstorming ways to quit in a non-irresponsible way (i.e. listing places I could apply for other jobs, budgeting what I realistically need to make, etc.).

Anyway. I am sorry to vent at you ladies, but I just needed to tell someone. Sometimes I complain to OH about work, but I think it makes him a little sad, since he would like us either to be able to afford for me to stay home or find something I'd enjoy more than this.

Awww. Poop on your boss!
I hate him :growlmad:

I know what you mean about sharing work stuff like this with your man. It's, well, complicated.

I dunno how unemployment benefits work in Texas, but here you can quit or be 'fired' and still qualify for them. You just gotta prove you did everything you could to keep your job, you spoke to management, asked for feedback... Maybe that's viable. That way your man wont feel any pressure.

Plus, you are so creative. I could totally picture you at home selling stuff on Etsy.

SO yeah, stick IT to 'the man' at work! :finger:

Vent all you need to!!!

I KNOW there are/will be times that I need to vent about work...I HATE this place, but need a pay check. I HAVE sent my resume out and even interviewed somewhere else! Just no luck so far. So I totally understand! I'm just ok right now because A) I think being proactive about pursuing other options helps, almost like there is a light at the end of the tunnel B) with vacation coming up, I've just been looking forward to not being here and loving the thought of people having to cope with it! They'll miss me when I'm gone *evil grin* C) Thinking about being pregnant soon is some how comforting to me too, I don't know why, but I think of that and just feel relaxed and I happy.

Thanks ladies. I felt better as soon as I typed it all out. I like your suggestion of an Etsy store, Snack. I just need to figure out what I could put on there!

Booored. A little over an hour left at work. The site is pretty quiet, as far as my usual threads. That pre-weekend quiet. Hmmmm what should I google to burn time....

1st stop - I did just a little editing to our title and 1st post. Can't believe NO ONE has jumped in. So I added "buddies" so they don't just think this is a personal journal. And I added a little line for anyone looking for buddies right at the top so that's the first thing they see without having to read the whole post. Hope it helps. If we don't get any new members by the time I get back from vacation I'm changing the name to 3 Ladies Makin Babies - 1 down, 2 to go! lol If we are REAAALLY lucky maybe it will be 3 Ladies Bakin Our lil' Buns!

That was a great new intro Lilly. If no one joins us, it won't be because you chased them off. :gun:

I had half a chocolate milkshake for dessert tonight. It was amazing. Some foods might not sound super appetizing right now, but chocolate milkshakes are a-OK. Yummm...

:hi: Ladies I just stumbled across this can I join you?

I will do an intro too :thumbup:

:hi: I am Twag I am in the UK so a little about me and my journey thus far:

I am 32 DH is 34 and we both turn another year older in April just 10 days apart

We got married in October 2010 in Mauritius but we got together in 2006

This is cycle #7 :dohh: we had an early loss cycle #1 and been trying our best since but still no :bfp: not even a hint :grr:

So I would LOVE some over 30 trying for #1 buddies to go through this with :thumbup:

Hope you will have me :blush:

Of course! Welcome Twag!

My hub's birthday is in April too. Do you guys have anything special planned?

:hi: :yipee: so pleased I can join I have been wanting some TTC buddies gets lonely at times as a lot of my BnB buddies are pregnant or had LO's

Mine is the 12th and DH is the 22nd :thumbup: we are waiting to move into our new house so nothing planned our friend is getting married on my Birthday (well DH's friend) which I am a little annoyed about but hey ho what can you do :dohh:

I hope it will be a fun wedding at least, if it has to be on your birthday. It's exciting that you're moving to a new house! Are you ready for the move?

Hmmm not convinced the Wedding is going to be great she is Bridezilla only us and close family & friends and her family are weird :wacko: BUT it is going to be in a lovely Hotel the Four Seasons so that is something at least :haha:

We have been waiting for our house to be built since this time last year and all of our belongings have been in storage for the last 7 months - we are SO ready to move in :haha: cannot wait as we are living with my parents at the moment :dohh: driving me mad and making TTC very difficult :grr:

Oh wow! I bet. I think living with my parents would drive us bonkers in a week (the in-laws might be a little easier to live with, but it would still be rough). I'd love to be able to build a house someday, though. Where will you be moving? Will you still be close to family?

YES it is driving me bonkers :wacko: :haha: I just cannot wait to move out :dohh: but SOON :thumbup:

We lived in a village called Church Crookham previously and so our new house is there currently we are with my parents which is roughly 10 miles away from there and in-laws are about 60 miles away (to you guys in the US this is not far but in little old UK a far distance :haha:) so we are close to my family but not DH but that is fine as they are by the coast so nice to get away for weekends etc without the MIL interferring in everyday life :haha:

Happy 6 Weeks btw :happydance:

:coffee:
Good morning LADIES!
(confession, this is my fourth morning with coffee. promise NO coffee tomorrow)

I am so excited we have a new 'bumpy friend'!!! And, she's British! :thumbup:
I shall visit this place called the UK some day.

I hope you find us helpful, and supportive Ms. Twag!

On my end, I have little to report. The IBS is getting a little better, although really; I am just not eating as much. I will however confess that yesterday I had the strangest occurrences.

1) I absolutely would never be caught eating that fake 'nacho cheese' stuff they serve at the movies or baseball games, last night a friend of mine was eating that and I WENT TO TOWN with that stuff! I have no idea why I thought it was so good... my man couldn't believe I was eating that, seriously. Whats' wrong with me! Jajajaja! Maybe I am abnormally hungry since my IBS kicked in.

2) I was chatting it up with some friends, one of them holding a baby. I was not gesturing at the kid or really even looking at him, and he started kinda hinting at crying because he wanted to go with ME! whaaat!!!!!!??? I was just stuck on 'stupid' for a few seconds, and then I grabbed him (he's 7-8 months).

In conclusion, strange night for me. Nacho Cheese & Baby Night...

Good morning Snackimals!

Abnormal craving for gross ballpark nachos sounds promising! Are you going to wait until your ticker tells you to test again this month?

7-8 months is such a cute age for babies. One of the old wives tales I read online said that if baby boys seem more interested in you than normal, you could be pregnant with a little girl.

Twag - 60 miles sounds like a nice distance from family, especially if they live along the coast.

omg... i just noticed i laughed in Spanish on here!
'jajajaja' is Hahahaha.... but in Español, cuz the J makes that 'hah' sound. how weird of me.

EDIT: I am waiting on the ticker... At least until 9 or 10 DPO. When did you first POAS? I dont recall :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->