• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[[Closed]] Let's ring in 2014 and see those BFP's!!

He will survive. Lol he may not like all of it but I do most the cooking.

Roast vegetables and soup are a great way to pack in more vegetables! I make butternut squash soup alllll the time. SO GOOD. Whole butternut squash, a couple of large potatoes (and a yam or two if you want it sweeter), an onion, some garlic, a bay leaf and a little stock plus a couple of cups of water. Cook until soft then blend. If it's too thick add a little water. If you want it a bit more creamy add a little milk, lite cream or yogurt.

I do the same with zucchini squash and broccoli.

I also cook black beans and pork all the time. I use pork necks so its super healthy and still "meaty" without being heavy on meat and it's so flavorful because of the bones.

I do most of the cooking, too. We grill frequently. We don't fry much. My hubby prefers raw veggies. He's very picky unfortunately. Lol. He's cut back on soda though, so kudos to him for that. Amelia, that sounds yummy! I don't like sweet potatoes/yams. I have tried them multiple times multiple ways.. no such luck!

We do a lot of bean salads too. Beans - almost any work - kidney, pinto, navy, chickpeas, red onion, celery, boiled potato, eggplant, tomato.... just about anything plus some thyme and goat cheese or feta and lemon and olive oil and a little salt. FACE 'SPOSION.

We used to eat a lot more meat but that changed in the past year and a half when we realized that the way we were eating wasn't really sustainable from a health point of view.

I wish I liked beans! I hate the texture of them for the most part. I'm VERY picky just based on texture.

I really don't enjoy healthy eating at all. I do it because I have to so I don't get fat! :lol:

Nicole- will miss you and I hope the break is just what you all need!

Would anyone be interested in some free femara? I have a prescription that I filled and did not have to use. Let me know and I can send to you!

I also have bravelle if anyone is moving onto injectibles! Not enough for a whole cycle not would save a grand or so!!

I don't like beans much well I like green beans.

Me too! I'll eat chili beans in chili and I'll eat great northern beans maybe twice a year in ham and beans ONLY if it's cooked outside over the fire and they are mushy.

Sarah, holy crap that is expensive medicine! What is bravelle?

AFM, yayyy temp jump! Just need a little more for cross hairs I think. FX this is the month. It's snowing here. Bleh. I'm over it. I don't know what the weather is calling for now, but I hope I can make it out to go to work tomorrow.. my county won't plow until the snow and wind has stopped though so I'm not too optimistic there. If we get 8-12" I'm fairly sure I won't make it in. I only live 15 miles from town in the sticks. Love living out here though. :)

I also have bravelle if anyone is moving onto injectibles! Not enough for a whole cycle not would save a grand or so!!

STG is the only one doing IVF right now that I know of. This is her first cycle. I'm not sure what she is using.

Bravelle is a medicine used in ivf or you can use it with an iui. It helps to mature the follicles. Basically you can use it with clomid or femara and will mature the eggies. I totally forgot that the told stg about the meds but I think she had another protocol. Just feel bad because the meds were free to me and they expire in March.

I also have an ovidrel spot but that has to be refrigerated so I can't really send to anyone.

Holy crap that is a lot of snow! It is just cold here! May venture to the mail later today if Alyssa is feeling better.

Hi ladies... Dh and I have been talking for the past few days about everything. We have come to the decision to stop ttc for now. These past few years have really taken it's toll on us emotionally and on our relationship. Not being able to conceive a child has really hit DH and I hard. He has been feeling like less of a man and that he is letting me down. Every month and every bfn was pushing me farther and farther into a depression that I couldn't shake.

We really need to work on us. Find ourselves again and get back to where we were in our relationship. This has been a really hard decision but I feel like it is the best one for us. I have spent so much time, energy, and tears on this journey. I hate that is is ending this way :cry:. We wanted to try IUI, wash etc but it is out of our price range at the moment. Maybe after a few months of me working we can swing it.

We aren't giving up forever. We are basically going into NTNP. I am going to focus on getting to a healthy weight. I want to lose about 50lbs. I am hoping getting rid of that weight will help me ovulate on my own so I won't need clomid again. Dh wants to focus on getting healthier too and giving the vitamin regime more time to hopefully help. Maybe the whole 'It will happen when you stop trying' will work for us.

I might not be on BnB very often but I am for sure going to keep checking in and cheering everyone on. I will definitely be keeping up with everyone on facebook. I believe I am friends with most of you but if not, message me your fb url! I love all you ladies and you have been the biggest support for me through out all of this. I truly don't know what I would have done with out you all. :hugs:

I am going to go cry now and remind myself this isn't stopping for good, just a pause.

I'll miss you Nichole! Hoping for the best for you and DH. <3

Nichole- I understand your need for a break. I wish you both the best and keep in touch even if it's just on fb.
Rachel-i am so sorry.
I am working on Dh diet shopping list, plus all the ttc crap we are buying. My mom said she was sorry she wasn't more supportive when we mentioned we were trying a few months ago. Turns out she tracked her bbt too. And got pregnant a year after trying, her o was all over the place. So maybe it's genetic.

So nice to have your mom's support. I told my mom that we were TTC back in March when we had our first CP and we bonded due to her experiencing miscarriages as well. It's nice to have that support. :flower:

Also, as far as food, watch out for GMOs. More and more studies are linking it to infertility. Dangerous stuff. Try to eat whole foods as much of the time as possible. And as far as meats, try your hardest to get organic, too much hormones, antibiotics, and chemical soaks there.

Roast vegetables and soup are a great way to pack in more vegetables! I make butternut squash soup alllll the time. SO GOOD. Whole butternut squash, a couple of large potatoes (and a yam or two if you want it sweeter), an onion, some garlic, a bay leaf and a little stock plus a couple of cups of water. Cook until soft then blend. If it's too thick add a little water. If you want it a bit more creamy add a little milk, lite cream or yogurt.

I do the same with zucchini squash and broccoli.

I also cook black beans and pork all the time. I use pork necks so its super healthy and still "meaty" without being heavy on meat and it's so flavorful because of the bones.

You little chef you! :)

I wish I liked beans! I hate the texture of them for the most part. I'm VERY picky just based on texture.

I LOVE beans! Then again, I am from the Caribbean. :winkwink:

Green beans = the only kind of beans that make me gag. :nope:

Me too! I'll eat chili beans in chili and I'll eat great northern beans maybe twice a year in ham and beans ONLY if it's cooked outside over the fire and they are mushy.

Sarah, holy crap that is expensive medicine! What is bravelle?

AFM, yayyy temp jump! Just need a little more for cross hairs I think. FX this is the month. It's snowing here. Bleh. I'm over it. I don't know what the weather is calling for now, but I hope I can make it out to go to work tomorrow.. my county won't plow until the snow and wind has stopped though so I'm not too optimistic there. If we get 8-12" I'm fairly sure I won't make it in. I only live 15 miles from town in the sticks. Love living out here though. :)

Hurray for temp spike! :happydance: stay warm up there. Even here in Florida it got cold. It's supposed to drop down to 27 tomorrow night!

Marie, your chart is looking awesome! FX! I saw Florida is supposed to get into the 20's. My in-laws are snowbirds and head there in December. Even 20's sound good right now. Lol.

Sarah, gotcha! Thanks for explaining. I guess I could have googled them. I hope I don't have to go that far. It all seems SO expensive!

I really don't enjoy healthy eating at all. I do it because I have to so I don't get fat! :lol:

Lol! I don't mind eating healthy. I DO enjoy it.. I just also enjoy chocolate and ice cream and cookies and home made bread and that type of thing.. so I have to work really hard to try to avoid it.

Lol! I don't mind eating healthy. I DO enjoy it.. I just also enjoy chocolate and ice cream and cookies and home made bread and that type of thing.. so I have to work really hard to try to avoid it.

Homemade bread is better than store bought anyway. :winkwink:

Whenever I want ice cream I take some frozen bananas and stick them in the blender with some peanut butter. Tastes delicious! Like soft-serve ice cream!

Homemade bread is better than store bought anyway. :winkwink:

Whenever I want ice cream I take some frozen bananas and stick them in the blender with some peanut butter. Tastes delicious! Like soft-serve ice cream!

Yum! Will definitely have to keep that in mind for later use! :) Right now, I'm trying to do a lower carb kinda diet, no more than 100-120 grams of carbs per day, most of those coming from fruit/veggies/milk, because I have done a lot of reading about PCOS and it seems that the lower carb diet works well for it. It's all about insulin resistance I guess. It worked for me when I got pregnant with my son. It worked to help me lose all my baby weight, too. It's hard, but after a few weeks, it gets easier.

Most of our meat is home raised or raised by friends. So we know it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->