• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[[Closed]] Let's ring in 2014 and see those BFP's!!

We had one the two years previous, but I opted not to because of being due July 1. I was afraid with a fat pregnant belly and newborn I couldn't keep it up. Well, life doesn't always work out like we plan, so I'm doing it whether I'm pregnant or not this year. Can't beat garden fresh peas, beans, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, radishes, and green peppers! I'd also like to do cabbage, cauliflower, pumpkins and sweet corn this year. Yummmm!! Can't wait already! :) My in-laws live next door and they gave us fresh produce, but you can't beat having your own! I want to learn how to can.. my main way of putting it up is freezing it. I might do some dehydrating, too. I'm not sure. Oh how I wish I could just stay home and take care of our home, my hubby and future children! Unfortunately, I didn't go to college to get a degree to not use it when I still owe on student loans. Blah! Lol

I got a pressure canner over the summer. I've only used it once (to make jam) because I started a job and don't have time :-(

I want to be a stay at home momma, well keep the farming going but quit my part-time job. We could manage. But until that day comes I will be dragging my butt to work and hating every minute of it.

Ditto. I'm one of those old fashioned women that can do without the career. I mean, I'm working now but all I want is to be a stay at home mom.

Baby Alia is here!! Happy and healthy. 7lbs 7 oz 20". Post pics later!

Congrats! :)

:hugs: Sandy

Tristan is really poorly :( We've been to A&E and the out of hours doctors this weekend. Turns out he has an ear infection. His temperature is high. He has been up all night crying and there is nothing I can do because he's had his maximum amount of paracetamol in 24 hours. I feel helpless. Hate seeing him so poorly :(

poor baby :-( so sorry BB.

Agreed Amelia. My heart has been racing for HOURS. It'll get better. I mean it IS better.. just taking time. So sorry for all you have gone through, and all of the rest of you. We're all gonna be better women, wives, mamas, and people in general for it all.

BB, can he have ibuprofen? Baby motrin or anything like that? Poor little guy! Heat? Warm compresses maybe? Goodness, I hope he feels better soon!!

So thankful for all of you ladies! Just saying.

He's had ibuprofen and paracetamol. He's nearly up to his 24hour limit. After being up most of the night it's now 7am and he refuses to sleep. I'm not sure how I'm going to function today

Aww BB! Poor guy! I hope he feels better today. Can you call in sick and nap if you can get him to nap?

Marie, I'd love to learn. I may teach myself this year. My MIL cans. I'm sure she will teach me. I should have done it last year when I was off on maternity leave. I just had other things on my mind.

In other news.. crosshairs!! Yayyyy! :) There's snow drifts up to my waist at the minimum (and I'm tall!) outside. No plow since yesterday morning.. it's -15 right now with a -45 windchill.. and at daylight, I'm going to try to make it to work. Ugh. :(

Yay for crosshairs! :happydance:

Back to the doctors this afternoon. His face is now swelling up :(

Aww! Hope he feels better soon!

We are stuck at home, waiting for a plow. Who knows when that will be. Probably work evenings/midnights tonight if I can get out. Boo.

We had one the two years previous, but I opted not to because of being due July 1. I was afraid with a fat pregnant belly and newborn I couldn't keep it up. Well, life doesn't always work out like we plan, so I'm doing it whether I'm pregnant or not this year. Can't beat garden fresh peas, beans, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, radishes, and green peppers! I'd also like to do cabbage, cauliflower, pumpkins and sweet corn this year. Yummmm!! Can't wait already! :) My in-laws live next door and they gave us fresh produce, but you can't beat having your own! I want to learn how to can.. my main way of putting it up is freezing it. I might do some dehydrating, too. I'm not sure. Oh how I wish I could just stay home and take care of our home, my hubby and future children! Unfortunately, I didn't go to college to get a degree to not use it when I still owe on student loans. Blah! Lol

I got a pressure canner over the summer. I've only used it once (to make jam) because I started a job and don't have time :-(

I want to be a stay at home momma, well keep the farming going but quit my part-time job. We could manage. But until that day comes I will be dragging my butt to work and hating every minute of it.

Ditto. I'm one of those old fashioned women that can do without the career. I mean, I'm working now but all I want is to be a stay at home mom.

Baby Alia is here!! Happy and healthy. 7lbs 7 oz 20". Post pics later!

Congrats! :)

:hugs: Sandy

Tristan is really poorly :( We've been to A&E and the out of hours doctors this weekend. Turns out he has an ear infection. His temperature is high. He has been up all night crying and there is nothing I can do because he's had his maximum amount of paracetamol in 24 hours. I feel helpless. Hate seeing him so poorly :(

poor baby :-( so sorry BB.

I guess for me, it isn't that I can't do without a career because I mean I can, but I make more money. I went to college and got a degree to do something I love, and I still have student loans so being a stay at home mama is just not a viable option for us at this point unfortunately. :( I love staying home, taking care of my hubby and our house. It just isn't in the cards for me right now.

Oh my gosh girls, be careful outside. I was just watching the news and you can get frost bite in less than 5 minutes with those temps. So scary!

BB- I hope Tristan is okay! Will be saying some prayers for him.

Sandy- When I was pregnant with Alyssa, I never thought that I would be a stay at home mom but I had the hardest time going back to work. I actually have my masters and I can not wait to stay home once Evan gets here! We actually worked really hard to pay off all of our debt over the past 4 years and we only have $8K of my student loan left!! :happydance:

Oh my gosh girls, be careful outside. I was just watching the news and you can get frost bite in less than 5 minutes with those temps. So scary!

BB- I hope Tristan is okay! Will be saying some prayers for him.

Sandy- When I was pregnant with Alyssa, I never thought that I would be a stay at home mom but I had the hardest time going back to work. I actually have my masters and I can not wait to stay home once Evan gets here! We actually worked really hard to pay off all of our debt over the past 4 years and we only have $8K of my student loan left!! :happydance:

I can imagine how difficult it would be to go back to work. I am sure I will struggle, especially given my previous experience.. maybe someday I can stay home!

We had no choice but for me to go back. Luckily I only work 2 full days and 1 short day. My Mum had him up until a month before his 2nd birthday. He now goes to a really good childminder and my mother-in-law.

I cried so much in the lead up to returning to work but once we all got into a routine it wasn't to bad. We just make sure we make the most of our family time. The childminder has done him wonders. His speech was below average at his 2 year check. He had another check just after his 3rd birthday and he is now above average for everything, speech, counting etc

I also qualified as a Dental Nurse after returning to work. I'm glad I did as it means I have a proper career once we've finished having kids and they are in school.

We don't have a choice at this point either when we have a baby.. it sounds like a great situation for you guys though, BB.

Well I survived doing chores this morning. I snuck to the truck every twenty minutes to warm-up.

Glad you did! It's SOOOOO cold! :( We're still waiting for a plow. And someone to plow our driveway. Boo! Chest high drifts are no good. Hubby is getting cabin fever, and I'm stressed about not being able to get to work.

Yea at least we didn't get more snow. That would make it worse. Our main tractor didn't start this morning.
Af is gone. Soft cups pre seed and opks bought bring it on January.

We've got about a foot.. and LOTS of wind! Yay for no more AF! FX January is your month!!

Found out my baby had 69xxy. my egg was fucked. it had two sets of chromosomes.

Everyone is telling me to not think this way... but I can't help it... this feels like my fault. My body is the one that was and is broken.

Sorry Amelia. Look into royal jelly. It is supposed to improve egg quality. I took royal jelly and a bee pollen complex, among other things. Look into it. It's also a superfood so it's good for your body.

Don't feel like it's your fault. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe the powers that be are waiting till you are moved back with DH. I got pregnant the week we closed on our house. Go figure, we tried and tried for a 13 months but she waited until we were settled to come along. I hope the same works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->