[[Closed]] Let's ring in 2014 and see those BFP's!!

Because one the insurance we have sucks. Two in Wisconsin they do not mandate infertility coverage so the insurance chooses what they cover. So I called and she said they cover nothing. I don't think we can afford tons of tests right now, why did we buy a house. :cry:

Oh my goodness that's bologna... How much for a simple SA and maybe some prog tests/ultrasounds to make sure you're ovulating? Just the basics? I know Clomid is semi-cheap, or Femara like Mirolee said.. So that wouldn't hurt too much I don't think? I think the expensive stuff is when it comes to IUI/IVF or if you're truly infertile, which I don't think is possible with the regular BBT charts you have!

I think an sa is about 180. The bloods will probably be covered once if they run it as normal blood tests and the others about 150. If they do an internal ultrasound and dye it could go up fast.

BB, it's called "America". i think we have a great country, but when it comes to reproductive rights, our government has been run by men far too long and the rules need to change. slowly, it's happening, but even in maine they "mandate" that infertility diagnosis needs to be covered, but not treatment. very sneaky fine line. so they can tell us what's wrong, but if we want to do anything about it, it's on us (this is basically what happened with me, so i tried to be under the fertility radar as long as i could, being diagnosed with out of whack hormones and stuff before getting "infertility" on my chart). still, though, even though clomid and femara wasnt covered, it was $30 and $3 respectably, so an easy first step to take. (IUI with injectables would have cost us about $3,000 per cycle).

katrina, you should call back and check on this: diagnosis versus treatment.
our SA was covered - but OH had to tell the clinic we had insurance or he would have been charged $150 (although, honestly, after my first SA with my ex, i would have paid double that for peace of sperm mind).
same with my HSG - "diagnosis".

Nothing is covered I asked. They will not cover diagnosis either I asked that first.

I'd start with an SA at least.. like Mirolee said, a "piece of sperm mind" would be a relief lol. I wonder if they'd prescribe meds without doing bloods.. to just try Clomid and see if it works..? Gosh I'm sorry TTC has to be so rough :hugs:

Unless the Dr codes it as something else. For example if I have painful periods and they think it's endo they can run tests because if affects daily life. I am due for a physical so I will talk to the Dr there and see for sure what her thoughts and costs are.

I guess af will be here tomorrow, not in a happy mood right now. I'm going to start fb deleting fb friends always announce babies on the day af starts this time is no exception.

Nothing is covered here in FL either but an IUI will run around $300 where I go. I pay $16 for Clomid out of pocket. The hsg was actually a bit more than an IUI would cost. My ultrasounds to track ovulation were covered by the insurance only because they coded it a certain way. All in all, I have paid around $300 for an hsg, hCG trigger shot and two ultrasounds. Hubby's SA was $150.

I'm so sorry Katrina, I really hope your DR can codes things differently to help with the costs :hugs:

Katrina, i hope they can figure out how to be honest yet code it somehow that insurance will pay something. Like I said, the clomid is pretty cheap and I have was diagnosed with OCOS withoit ultrasounds or labs. Maybe they can give you some clomid without them, too.

im so sorry Katrina, keep your head up hun. huge hugs. Im sending good thoughts your way for all to work out.

so sorry BB! hugs hugs hugs.

wooohoooon the weight loss Brittney! That's awesome! keep it up, lady!

in Hawaii on vaca and not entirely caught up, but I hope you are all having a lovely week. I still would love to join the threads again, as long as everyone is okay with it. and Nikki, you're always welcome!

Amanda- Hawaii pics are gorgeous... How is it going with OH, you still enjoying yourself?

Who's starting the new thread? Come on now ladies don't give up hope! <3
(No roses, no chocolates, just a BFP please!) that sucked but I tried lol

Katrina these tests will give you so much peace of mind.. (if only you had a ferning microscope like Amanda did.. to analyze DH's spermies for FREE! :haha:)

Morgan, thanks! It's pretty. a bit chilly but still gorgeous. we're o.k. not wonderful. ready to be home, bwahaha.

im not creative at all with thread titles...soo i'll be fine with what ever:)

Just need to know who wants to be the lucky ThreadMaster :haha:

It seems so quiet over here, don't wanna forget come the 1st this Sat!

I asked if I could do February but I don't mind! :)

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Sugar is Sweet and a BFP would be neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->