[CLOSED] Photo Challenge

I sometimes see an old Volkswagen Beetle covered in little green army men driving around. I wanted to get a picture of that, but I haven't seen it for a while.

Here's my bug- OH acquired all these little clips with lady bugs (lady birds) on them when his housemate moved to Africa and left them behind (he said we can keep them).

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm going to probably end up with a fake bug too. Bugs don't like Wisconsin's lingering winter. I did find a dead fly the other day in the barn

Oh that VW sounds cool @ tx, try to get a pic of that even after this challenge! :thumbup:

lol @ dead bug in the barn

I'm holding out to see if I can get a pick of one of the gnarly spiders around here :argh: Or centipede, there are always bugs around here!:dohh:

DH just killed two spiders yesterday, I would have taken a picture, but I hate spiders.

Sooooo cute, txbiscuit! There are no bugs to be found at the moment! I am working from home, grading finals, the next two days and will be on a mission to find a bug!

Kudos, Mizzy! The only kind of spider that I like is a dead one!

I, like Clandie and Snack, am a spider lover (going out of my way to save their lives anytime I find one in the house).

I haven't found any bugs worth taking a picture of yet. It got cold this week. I'm still on the lookout. In case I don't find one by today, here are my cheater pictures of two of my mantis buddies from last summer (one on my mailbox and one on my poblano plant).

You all have some creative bug pictures (of course I'm partial to tx's picture :cloud9:). I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Attachments

• mant_1.jpg
    mant_1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2
  • mant_2.jpg
    mant_2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2
I saw a fly! Sorry that's the only bug out here.

Attachments

• fly.jpg
    fly.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2
I imagine you encounter lots of flies in your profession, Cowgirl.

Lol yes. But it's been so cold even they went back to hibernating.

I hate horseflies. I don't envy you those, Cowgirl. I am neutral about spiders. I do like mantises - those are pretty cool Lionchild!

My favorite "bugs" are bees - honeybees, tiny native bees, and bumblebees. I try to make sure I always have a couple bee-friendly plants in the garden so the bees don't go hungry. I have seen a few in my garden this spring, but never when I've had my camera with me.

Well then I'm glad I got a live one for you ladies (that like em). As long as they are outside they are safe from me....if they come in the house they are going dooooown :devil:

Wish the picture was a little better

What kind of bug is that Lilly? It's kind of pretty!

This little lady stopped by and shared my lunch with me (well, she drank some of my water).

https://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/sortasandy/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps743a90f3.jpg

Some kind of spider they have here...don't know the name of it.:shrug:

Edit: What a cute little bee! But they are another kind of bug that I prefer to stay far away from! lol I was stung once.

Just got to see the bugs on your rug! CUUUTE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->