• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cloth diapering and toddler clothing

JenX

Reaction score
My LO is nearly 14 months, but she is tall for her age and is starting to wear 18-24 month clothes. I try to buy her the next size of clothes ahead before she needs them and this is where my question comes in. Her diapers are a tad bulky, definitely "fluffier" than disposables, and baby/toddler clothes here are made to accommodate disposables. Up to this point I have gotten by with dressing her mostly in one-piece rompers because they are looser around the butt. No pair of trousers has ever worked over her diapers. They just don't fit over. Now in looking at the next size up in clothing, they don't seem to make one-piece rompers that big. Everything is bottoms with separate tops. I could go a size larger in bottoms, but then they'd be too long. Anyone else have this issue? What did you do? Lots of dresses is the only thing I can think of.

I have always just rolled Rory's trousers up. In the summer you can get bloomers specifically for cloth nappies and these look lovely on little girls. Try Etsy for handmade ones! Or perhaps leggings that are stretchy and just scrunch up at the bottom? Or skirts/dresses with those leg warmers made for use with cloth nappies in the winter? These:https://www.babylegs.com/

We have the opposite problem, sort of.
My 2 1/2 year old is tall for her age too, and super skinny. Even with cloth nappies on she needed pants two sizes too small to keep them from falling down but for length she needs two sizes bigger. Shes out of nappies for day time now and its even worse. I've given up caring if she looks like a waif and put her in 9 month size pants that look like capris on her :wacko: or a couple of pairs of size 4 skinny leggings I can get away with her wearing. In the summer its all about dresses.

Sophie is short but also wears a size up in pants because of the cloth and she's a little chubby.

She's 19 months, about the average height of a 13 month old I think, and wears size 2 pants. Even then they often don't come up the back of the nappy, I hate it. It's winter here so no dresses right now unless I do a layered look over jeans.

I buy a lot of tunic style tops right now. I either cut and hem the pants shorter, roll them up if jeans, or fold them under and do a hem by hand that I can unpick.

I don't have any problems with my son's pants, he's a toddler but he's in 6-9m and 9-12m clothes. They would probably fall off if he was in 'sposies. He's a skinny one!

Thanks for all the responses. You've given me some ideas of things to try. I guess skinny babies don't have this problem! Perhaps this won't be as much of an issue as my LO is beginning to lean out now that she's running around so much. Minties, yes, that is exactly the problem we have with the pants- they don't pull all the way up and over that fluffy butt.

We need to invent maternity style pants for toddlers hehe! Sophie has one awesome pair of black pants that have a 3 inch high stretchy waistband, they go up over any nappy. I got them secondhand though and haven't been able to find any more,

Now that you mention it, with as many people are using cloth diapers you'd think there would be more baby clothes available that are generous in the rear.

There are ;). Check etsy for monkey pants, maxaloones, big butt baby pants, monster buns, circle bum pants etc. There are loads and loads of WAHMs (many who make cloth nappies too) who make pants with extra room for a big fluffy butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvaAriasmom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->