Cloth diapering?

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
Trying to do research and getting lost and distracted on websites

How many diapers would I need... I know with disposables I used 7-9 a day with a newborn and now at 18 months we're at about 4-5 a day.

I was at a local store the other day and found some cool ones but I don't really know how they work (gosh I sound silly/ stupid) The packs were $65 for five cool diaper covers(I think that's what they were?) and it said that there were 5 liners and it mentioned some paper liners too (darn I can't remember the brand) and you could buy more of the paper pieces on a roll when you needed them and it was $10 for 100 papers...

Is this idea any good? Is the price good/ reasonable? and how many would I need to start with? They said good from 10-22lbs

I had 3 dozen cloth nappies in rotation when my girls were bubs, enough for if it rained awhile and I couldnt get any out on the line, didnt have a dryer back then and still dont. I never ran out of clean ones so it must have been enough. I never used any liners, they were just the terry kind way back then, but I have bought some off e-bay this time that are reusable cloth but no need to fold ones. They were pretty cheap at $45 delivered for 10, one lot I picked up for $36 delivered, I bought 30 altogether as they came in packs of ten, really surprised how good the quality was and they came with liners and are water proof on the outside as well. They adjust from new born up to toddler so I will see how they go. Now I just need the baby to go with them! :rofl:

It depends on how often you are able to do laundry. Its been easier for me with 20 diapers so I dont have to do laundry every day. That is probably even a bit many for one baby lol.

I like pocket diapers, they dry the best. I like Happy Heiny's and Fuzzibunz.

I didnt like the bumgenious diapers, the lining wasnt soft feeling and they stained horribly and the elastic gave out. My friend had problems with her BG too and got replacements form the company which also didnt last long.

However Tyff, on here, has had no problems with them?! So who knows.

I used prefolds when Jack was newborn, Bambino Mios. We had 24 nappies and 6 covers. We could have done with more covers though, although you can reuse the covers when they just have a wet nappy he was having quite a few dirty ones every day. We tried a load of other brands to see what worked for us and decided we liked Bum Genius best so bought 10 more of those. Now we use those exclusively and have never had any problems. I only have 11 nappies in regular circulation and wash every other day.

We used paper liners with the Bambino Mios but stopped when we switched to BG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->