Cloth nappies and full time work?

Mitsuko

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
I'll be back at work in August and wondering if I will manage as well as now with cloth nappies. I'll be working on a 4 days basis and Liam will go to daycare. They already said they accept cloth nappies but won't wash them (they'll hand me the wet bag at the end of the day).

I'd like to hear from full time (or 4/5) working mums. How well do you manage? How big is your stash? What brands are best for daycare? How often do you do the laundry? Do you have the time and energy at the end of the day?

Thanks!

Hiya, I am back at work 4 days a week doing 30 hours and I have found that it is too much hard work to send Sophia to Nursery with real nappies. They would use them there but the same as your nursery they will give you a bag of wet ones at the end of the day and realistically working and managing your home is enough without extra washing. We have just decided that we are doing our best keeping her in real nappies 5 days out of 7 which is far better than 0 out of 7!! Don't feel guilty for not using them on Nursery days if that is what you decide to do. :)

I work full time 5 days a week and haven't had any trouble keeping up with the washing of our nappies. Our stash isn't all that big yet (although am buying more and more all the time!) and I wash every 2 nights. I put the nappies in the machine once my lo is in bed and then dry them afterwards. I do have a dryer though and think it would be extremely hard to keep up if you didn't have one.
I like pockets best, I stuff them the evening before and we always have as much of our bags packed the night before. We put flushable liners in them and our carer just flushes them and the poop down the toilet and puts them in the wetbag.
I don't know how nurseries can say they "don't accept" cloth nappies these days as I would think it would take about as much effort to put a nappy in a wetbag as it does to throw it in a bin!
I would take it as it comes and keep some disposables on hand if you have a hard day and can't be bothered washing one evening. Good luck!

I work and don't find it an issue at all, just an extra wash load, no probs 8)

Thank you girls! I'll hope I'll be able to keep up with real nappies!

Easy, so far lol

Dewi started nursery monday and goes 4 days a week, he's there 7:30 till 5(ish) and we put 5 nappies in his bag he so far has come home with 1 clean each day.

They put them in the wetbag I put them in his bucket when I get in and repack his bag - we have 21 nappies, I have had to do 1 load of nappies this week - that wa easy as teh weather was so good, I'll do another maybe tomorrow.

No more difficult than any normal week, but its early days yet!

Good boy even saved his poo for nursery and did 2 in one day lol they even rinsed the nappy for me - I never usually bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->