cloth nappy advice please

buttons1

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
hi ladies I am interested in starting to use cloth nappies but really don't have a clue where to start.

I have looked online and like the look of the bumgenius nappies and from what i can gather you add inserts to them?

Can you give me advice on what i would need etc, which nappies you would recommend, info on washing etc

Please excuse my ignorance I have no clue but am very interested in finding out more.

Thanks

:hugs:

Hi! I'm a bit like that, not really any clue where to start. The review thread stickied on this forum is great. What I've done is bought one or two of different types of nappy off ebay so I can see what all the different descriptions mean! And then I rooted out one of my old dolls from my mums house to help as well lol

there was a thread in here last week with nappy faqs on that had loads of useful info as well.

Personally, I'm thinking about using a couple of different types, plus DH seems to understand the pocket nappies better than the prefolds lol

Hey,

Have a look at this thread, might makes things less confusing. The you just really need to buy some and see what's right for you x

hi ladies I am interested in starting to use cloth nappies but really don't have a clue where to start.

I have looked online and like the look of the bumgenius nappies and from what i can gather you add inserts to them?

Can you give me advice on what i would need etc, which nappies you would recommend, info on washing etc

Please excuse my ignorance I have no clue but am very interested in finding out more.

Thanks

:hugs:

You should get inserts with any pocket nappy unless it states otherwise. The bumgenius you will receive a newborn insert and a larger insert. The same applies for nappies that require seperate wraps, they should say in the item description.

Personally, i prefer pocket nappies because they're fast drying and as I have no drying facilities this is quite important to me. This is something you should also consider.

Washing nappies is really easy, you need to pre wash them at least once (the more washed they are the more absorabnt they get) and then further washes some people do as low as 30 degrees with the occasional hot wash. You only use a quarter of detergent and no softener.

:dohh: I meant to post this,

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/289965-nappy-articles-starting-out-washing.html

I would have loved it starting out, I felt like i was drowning in a sea of abbreviations and materials x

Could littlestar's advice post be stickied? It's a great help!

there is an abbreviations thread knocking about. will c if i can track it down,

edit; i bumped it but it's here https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/183434-natural-parenting-lingo-abbreviations.html if it's any help to anyone

i dont think we would be able to have any more stickies added as we have had a few added recently

I found this site was very helpful when I first started. It just seems to explain things well I think, and there's lots of photos as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->