Clothes

Layla

Reaction score
I have to get in the kids winter clothes now, its starting to get cold here.

Not sure where to go this winter, where do you think is cheapest but nice quiality...

Mothercare
Adams
Woolworths
Tescos
Primark
Asda

Thanks

x

From what i've experienced, Mothercare seem to make the cutest stuff there (on the whole, not always!), Tescos, Primark are also good. Adams, Woolworths.. I don't LOVE their stuff so much. Asda is alright, but sometimes the clothes can be a little rough compared to the other shops.

chloe needs a winter jacket and i trawled the town for one today! the only 1 i seen tht i liked was in next and i wasnt paying £25 for it! its red, 3/4 length sleeved and too thin so not very practical! im gonna head down waterfront 2mo and get a nosy in mothercare!

i like tesco+asda for kids clothes! (lol funnily enough!) there cheap, and wash up well!!! i hate next! all there stuff washes up crap lol!

I only get Kais stuff from debenhams or next hun, but i was in adams on sat to get PE shorts and the stuff looks lovely and cheaper than i expected too! I got the baby some sleep suits an vests.
I think mothercare its quite expensive, i got a snow suit for baby and it cost £22 but its lovely an great quality.
Primark i went in the other day and i got some bits for baby lmao im goin overboard on her, anyway reallt cheap and lovely quality too!
Also i got a coat for myself from there £15 and is perfect for a growing bump!!
Anyway think ive gone on enough!
xx

I buy a lot of stuf from primark for the kids and tbh it wshes well and lasts too. i always thought that it would wear thru quick, but it doesn't. I bought the kids there winter coats in June from the factory shop at mils 'cos it was so cold and we'd gone without coats. Got Gabriel a "gortex" like outdoor coat for "10 aand an umbro padded coat for £10, and alisha a purple waterproof padded coat in lilc with furry hood for £7 was well chuffed.

Alisha just needs a few long sleeved tops, a couple of fleeces and maybe a skirt or 2 and tights. I'll be heading for primark when i get paid end of the month. I often get carried away and spend too much :rofl: She ends up with tons of clothes.

thanks for the tips guys.

Im mean when it comes to teh kids clothes, coz they only get one seasons wear out of them i wont spend anymore than a tenner per item lol

x

i have been looking around for winter stuff as well, i think its still a bit to early for some shops yet, cos they are having sales to get rid of their summer stuff, but i got some trousers and tops in primak a couple of saturdays ago, everytime my mum goes their she askes what kacy needs, got a coat their for kacy for 6 pound

I love Next they have some really adorable stuff! same as mothercare though as it can sometimes be a little pricey.

Primark, tesco and asda!

Im the same layla i begrudge spending loads of money on maddie's clothes as she grows that quick she is in themfor a few weeks!

Tesco and asda stuff lke yvanne says washes lovely!

hope you find some nice things!

xxx

I Like Asda best on the list, I think Mothercare is nice but waaaay overpriced. Tesco is ok too.

Charlie's stuff is maily Next, and I got her winter coat in the summer sale for £7. H+M is pretty good too Layla, and Ethel Austin is cool too!

I have seen a few people mention Ethel Austin on her enow, i have never heard of it before, is it just a clothes shop or does it do other bits too?

is it along the same lines as primark and matalan?

x

https://www.ethelaustin.co.uk/

I like ethels :D

Ethals is clothes and they do shoes and trainers too (off the peg sorta thing)

I have got some bargins from there and there clothes also wash nice ( got ellie a few outfits and when i was PG with maddie and was skint i kitted her out from ethals!)

you can get t-shirts for like 50p - £1

Leggings for £1- £1.50

Jumpers, sleepsuits etc ...

Must admit i like them as they have some fantastic bargins and some lovely 3 peice outfits!

If you not got ethals by you i can have a look in our local for you

xxx

No fun when someone else shops for you :D

ah cool, there is one 7 miles away, i think i will prob check it out there before anywhere else, thanks for offering tho imi

x

I love Mothercare for clothes for my LO's, most of their stuff is from there. Just a shame my eldest is getting a bit big for the older girls section!!

I've already got some baby bits & bobs from there too, i love Mothercare, lol!!

I swear by Ethels PJ's. They are fab. Wash perfectly and are so cheap, and often in the sale, they are £7 for two long sleeved pairs at full price.

I like Next clothes because there's a good Next Sale shop where you can pick up some bargains!

Otherwise, I like Debenhams (when they have a sale on) or Boots and Tescos

Oooh Yes, I like Boots too, and sometime Matalan have some nice stuff!
I really love Junior J stuff, but Charlie only ever gets it off one of my friends who spoils her!

:blush: Rhys is a next baby... i get his stuff in the sales, he currently has up to 2 years old sorted pmsl!

i like mothercare and sainsburys too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->