Clubbers Old And New!!!

Just thought i'd share that i am sooooooo in love with AVB new single In and Out of Love! lol

That is all :thumbup:

Ive not heard it yet!!

Il have to have a quick look on youtube!! AVB is the dogs bollox

Is this a post for reminiscing upon simpler times?! I was a big clubber pre-Ivy, Bristol has some amazing clubs like Black Swan, Timbuk2, Lakota etc. spent most weekends in a dark hole following an amazing friday night and through till sat morning, haha. I'm a dubstep, hip hop and breakcore girl all the way! Ivy enjoys it too, lol

ahhhhhh I was so thin and carefree

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Bitethepeach/scan0004-3.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/Bitethepeach/eden_paedi011-1.jpg

awww fab Lou why did we all have to grow up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2SGiOfL9Gs

They are the best so much energy from them I reckon they might bring the tidy weekend back just one last time

I'm done with Tidy Weekenders now - have kind of gone away from the Hard House scene.

It's all about Bangface Weekender for me now - they are like the weekenders that Tidy used to have but I think they are actually a bit more fun (if thats possible). More breakcore, gabba, drum n bass, old skool and ravey stuff though than the morecommercial side of things.

I bet Lou has heard of Bangface if she likes breakcore :thumbup:

They are the best so much energy from them I reckon they might bring the tidy weekend back just one last time

I'm done with Tidy Weekenders now - have kind of gone away from the Hard House scene.

It's all about Bangface Weekender for me now - they are like the weekenders that Tidy used to have but I think they are actually a bit more fun (if thats possible). More breakcore, gabba, drum n bass, old skool and ravey stuff though than the morecommercial side of things.

I was totally going to go last year until I got pregnant! My boyfriend goes every year he is quite the veteran lol. Bloc Weekend is pretty fun too but definitely not baby friendly!

I was totally going to go last year until I got pregnant! My boyfriend goes every year he is quite the veteran lol. Bloc Weekend is pretty fun too but definitely not baby friendly!

OMG they are AMAZING! I've been to all of them so far but am SO gutted that I won't be able to go next year as it is only about 6 weeks after my due date. I very much doubt I will be in the mood to be going there at that point :haha:

My husband DJ's a lot at Bangface he always does the opening sets at the weekenders. It's about the only thing that I will make a massive effort for these days as I love the atmosphere and the music there - it's all about having fun which is what going out is all about to me :)

OMG Bangface! (I think I know who your hubby is.... ;) )

I've never been to the night in London but I did go to the BF night at Glade 2008. Amaaaazing!

Don't go raving so much now - can't afford it too often anymore, plus the all nighters are getting harder as I get older! Plus, we want a little un so priorities are changing obviously ;)

OMG Bangface! (I think I know who your hubby is.... ;) )

I've never been to the night in London but I did go to the BF night at Glade 2008. Amaaaazing! Exactly the sort of music I love. :D Went to a night this Friday in Leeds with Hellfish, Producer and Dolphin! Gabbaaaaaaaaaa!

Don't go raving so much now - can't afford it too often anymore, plus the all nighters are getting harder as I get older! Plus, we want a little un so priorities are changing obviously ;)

Only went to one Glade and that was the one in 2007 when there were the REALLY bad floods - my first and last experience of camping at a festival it was an utter nightmare. Worst of all I missed the Bangface Tent as I was so fed up with trapsing through all the mud :blush:

I wonder if I know you? If you know who hubby is - send me a PM if you like :)

I know what you mean about priorities changing. I changed my lifestyle totally when TTC - Bangface Weekender was a one off blow out for me this year, and last year actually but I know it will be worth it when we meet our little one :happydance:

2007 was apparently awful, yeah - I went to Moorfest in Yorkshire that year which was pretty bad! Don't blame you for giving up, festivals are ace but if you have to traipse through knee deep mud everywhere it just gets so depressing! I hate feeling like I'll never be warm or dry again. :D

PMd you!

It will totally be worth it- clubbing is ace but I'm ready to settle down now! Been doing it for 10 years... feel like I'm ready to start living for someone else and not just myself, if that makes sense? Plus, you can always take the little one out to festivals - love seeing kids running about and playing at festis, they love it!

I can't to take Ivy to all the festivals next year...Shambala, Sunrise, SGP here we come!

SGP here we come!

I went to my first SGP this year - we went for my friends hen do. I didn't camp as it was when I had found out I was preggers and was being cautious during first tri after a loss last year, it was only 45 minutes from our house so just as easy to go for the day and come home to sleep in a proper bed with a nice bath at the end of each day :haha:

I was amazed hw child friendly it was there :D there was loads of stuff for the kids to do, special areas for them and people wern't being overly blatent IYKWM. I came home and said to OH that I could see us going there in the future with our kids :)

Glade is one I would love to do.

I am glad I did all the clubbing when I did I appreciate settling down much more now x

Glade is one I would love to do.

I am glad I did all the clubbing when I did I appreciate settling down much more now x

That's what I'm thinking!

I've been doing it since I was 18 - I'm 27 now, though it's tailed off over the past couple of years. Had plenty of fun and got loads of amazing memories - ready to settle down and start a new chapter of my life, if that makes sense?

Definitely Elyham *nods*

I started clubbing at 16 – cheesy townie places mind you. Then started going to raves at 18 – I’m 36 now :blush: I definitely feel that it is time to settle down now – tbh I would’ve done it earlier but hadn’t met the right guy (till OH came along).

I see people who are in their 40’s and 50’s who still go out clubbing every weekend and I think to myself “I don’t want to be like that”. Nothing against them if that’s what they choose but I’ve had loads of fun, met so many great people and have got some awesome memories that I feel I can move on to the next stage of my life.

At the end of the day having kids doesn’t mean you have to give up going out completely, it just means you priorities change a bit. I can see us going out occasionally once our little one is old enough to be left with grandma and granddad but I am ready to step back and enjoy being a mummy.

I’m pretty sure that because we won’t be able to go out as much we will enjoy it a lot more too because it will be a much less regular occurrence :)

Well it's confirmed Tidy Weekender will be having a reunion event in March at Pontins in Prestatyn.

It's just after my due date so now way I could go although I might've been tempted had I not have been pregnant!

Tidy Weekender @ Pontins!? How weird does that sound!! Isnt pontins a kiddie/holiday place thingy? :haha:

They've always had them there. They hold a lot of dance events at different Pontins around the country.

The Bangface weekender is held at Pontins at Camber Sands, the Hardcore Heaven weekender is held at Southport Pontins too.

Am not sure what will happen after next year though as Pontins are going into administration so 2011 might be the last year they get to have them :wacko:

No way I never knew that!! I wonder if thats how cyber originated :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"