Clutching at straws,

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
I am on 2dpo and have a sore throat, I had this the last two times I was pregnant, trouble is I have also been ill and not been pregnant so I know it can´t be a sign either way, but heh ho can´t help thinking it.
What stupid signs have you taken as meaning something?

Lol. You name the sign and I have had it! I am trying so hard not to symptom stalk anymore, but I can't seem to help it. I keep telling myself that, for most of us, true pregnancy symptoms might not show until implantation. Whether or not this is true, I really have no idea, but I have to tell myself that or I will go nuts. Lol. Sometimes I think the "early" tests are a curse...earlier is not always better.

ha Im 2dpo too I think and woke up with a sore throat. did you have it this early last time???

I have had every symptom in the book before and not been pregnant, also had months with zero symptoms and not been pregnant. So I do not symptom spot at all. 2 months ago I had the sorest nipples ever, NEVER had that before, they were sooo painful and I thought that could be a sign but no.

the only time I think symptoms can be good is when its the same as a previous pregnancy like you are saying....so could be good if it was early before??? (seems a bit early)

do you want to buddy up this 2WW? we can update on this thread and anyone else around 2dpo join as well.

Yeah, lets do that Sarah, I don´t know about sane though, I just spent four and half hours teaching English when I can barely speak, I don´t feel at all sane.
I can´t remember if I had it this early last time, I remember the first time I was unwell with tummy problems pretty much from 6dpo and felt exhausted. Now I´m just exhausted because I´m ill. It would be nice if it was a sign because at least then I would feel it was worth while.

I waited att he doctors for two hours this morning because I can´t swallow or talk, and that means I can´t eat or work either. Eventually she saw me and told me to take paracetamol. so I was depressed and when I came in I took an anti inflammatory thinking at least I might be able to swallow. Then I looked on the web and it say if you take them during pregnancy you can cause miscarriage!! So I don´t even know if I´m pregnant but I´m worrying I just ruined it if I am. Oh dear sometimes I am so stupid, stupid to take the risk and stupid to be stressing out now!

The best recommendation I have for a sore throat is to finely crush up 2 x paracaetamol in tepid water and gargle with them (and when you can't gargle anymore, swallow!) and you are allowed to take them pregnant.

And give yourself a break chick, you are punishing yourself a bit here :flower:

I waited att he doctors for two hours this morning because I can´t swallow or talk, and that means I can´t eat or work either. Eventually she saw me and told me to take paracetamol. so I was depressed and when I came in I took an anti inflammatory thinking at least I might be able to swallow. Then I looked on the web and it say if you take them during pregnancy you can cause miscarriage!! So I don´t even know if I´m pregnant but I´m worrying I just ruined it if I am. Oh dear sometimes I am so stupid, stupid to take the risk and stupid to be stressing out now!

Hi Hun,don't think the one tab wud cause an mc,remember loads of people don't know they are pregnant for months and take various meds,gargle with salt and water I swear by it,hope u feel better soon,:hugs::hugs:

Hi Hun,don't think the one tab wud cause an mc,remember loads of people don't know they are pregnant for months and take various meds,gargle with salt and water I swear by it,hope u feel better soon,:hugs::hugs:

I know, I try to tell myself that, but I guess two mc so far makes me double paranoid. thanks guys, I´m off to gargle everything in the kitchen cupboard.

I had a sore throat at 7 and 8 DPO my BPF month... you never know!

Natsby I hope you feel better soon anyway, and get your BFP.

Hi ladies ,am 6dpo,have had a kidney infection all week,too much bd me thinks:blush am with u all for the wait,it's soo much fun wen we do it all together:hugs:

Hi ladies ,am 6dpo,have had a kidney infection all week,too much bd me thinks:blush am with u all for the wait,it's soo much fun wen we do it all together:hugs:

Poor you, apples and parsley are both good for that. hope you feel better soon.

Poor you, apples and parsley are both good for that. hope you feel better soon.

Thank you natsby,have been drinking loads of water and cranberry juice and cuddling a nice hot water bottle,am making veg soup tonite so will make sure I have lots of parsley in it :hugs:

oh no Desperado167, hope you feel better soon!

does anyone have any plans to make the 2WW go faster? tomorrow is my 9 yr anniversary with hubby and so we are going for dinner, then probably lunch and a movie on saturday. I have a massage booked tomorrow. Then next week will probably see a friend for dinner and a movie again! I try save things to do during the 2WW!

I wanted to do a few things, our friends are having a party to end the meditation course they run near here in the mountains and we were going to sing at it, but I can´t even talk yet. I look like a chipmunk and keep thinking it might be nice to slip into a coma until I´m better it hurts so much. Ok I am really feeling sorry for myself tonight, but as I can´t even complain verbally I´m afraid you ladies get the worst of it.

Hi Natsby, hope the sore throat is a good sign. :dust:

Speaking of clutching at straws, I gagged on my breakfast yesterday (was not eating anything unusual) and thought I was going to throw up. This I would take as an excellent sign... if it wasn't day 3 of my period!!! Then I started thinking hmm maybe its not my period (as they are getting lighter and lighter all the time, probably not a good thing for ttc) Of course it is not light enough to be just spotting.

Hey Sarah Desperado, how are you doing? when will you test? I am so sure this month isn´t the one for me I don´t feel to desperate to poas, but maybe when i get to 10dpo I´ll feel the urge.

Hey Sarah Desperado, how are you doing? when will you test? I am so sure this month isn´t the one for me I don´t feel to desperate to poas, but maybe when i get to 10dpo I´ll feel the urge.

Hi natsby,how's the throat,:hugs:,been up myself since six just can't sleep and still have this blasted rash.docs closed till tomorrow so have just been using e45,am a bit worried because wen I was pregnant a long tine ago I had a rash and the doc told me it was my bodies way of fighting the pregnancy,so hope it isn't the same rash,took it exactly a week after o pains ,maybe it's just a coincidence,also used a lush soap that I think was out of date so it cud be just that.:(:hugs:

I was pregnant a long tine ago I had a rash and the doc told me it was my bodies way of fighting the pregnancy,so hope it isn't the same rash,took it exactly a week after o pains ,maybe it's just a coincidence,also used a lush soap that I think was out of date so it cud be just that.:(:hugs:

FXed it's a baby rash and not a soap rash! :dust::dust::dust:

Hi natsby,how's the throat,:hugs:,been up myself since six just can't sleep and still have this blasted rash.docs closed till tomorrow so have just been using e45,am a bit worried because wen I was pregnant a long tine ago I had a rash and the doc told me it was my bodies way of fighting the pregnancy,so hope it isn't the same rash,took it exactly a week after o pains ,maybe it's just a coincidence,also used a lush soap that I think was out of date so it cud be just that.:(:hugs:

I second that, hope it´s a baby and not the soap. I have finally got my voice back! But I felt wretched for days, I think it was a virus I caught from the kids I teach, no one tells you that when you are a parent or a teacher you are ill all the time as they all pass around their germs. SO I´m back at work today and counting the days till the next cycle starts. I met a nice lady here who has given me the number of an osteopath who specializes in infertility so I´m gonna see how much she charges and make and appointment, i have a strange spine and it puts pressure in odd places so she thinks it might be affecting my fertility. I hope you get to the doctors asap and they sort you out. Chamomile tea is good for itching too, just let it cool down before applying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->