Co-Sleeping Help!!

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm not planning on co-sleeping full time, but I would like to do it safely when I need to. I would rather have my little man in bed that fall asleep on my chair or sofa which I've been close to doing when I get really tired.

I've been having to bring my little boy into bed with me at about 5am so that we can all get some sleep. He is super bunged up and gets all panicky.

I know that one of the safe-sleeping key points is that your mattress needs to be firm. We have a tempur mattress - does anyone know if this is ok?

I guess the only reason I question it is that when we first switched, (I don't notice it now) DH and I found it alot warmer than a regular mattress??

Thanks girls.

xx

I don't think memory foam beds are recommended for cosleeping, but only you can make that choice. I haven't seen any specific studies on it, but have read that it's not advisable.

i actually heard memory foam is breathable, but it was in reference to pillows on a bed when co sleeping (even though they should be kept away from LO) have a browse around, there are tons of co sleeping threads with good advice

We have memory foam on top of our mattress and coslept with Hayden on it with no issues.

Thanks girls - I will see if I can find some info.

I must admit my main worry is overheating him and he does feel quite hot after laying in bed with me - hmmm what to do!

I had barely any sleep from about 2am last night, so going to have to do something.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->