co sleeping?

babyblessed

Reaction score
what do you all think about co sleeping?

we settle Aaron in his crib but through the night after i have fed him he stays in with us and is really settled...

I just recently started doing it. She'll sleep with me in the am, after Oh has left for work, so we're not too crowded. I love it and she loves it, but I have a feeling I'm going to regret this!

I have co-slept with Brennan since he was born. I did try to put him in his craddle, but it just killed me not having him close. Plus I am breastfeeding, so it is just so much easier to have him next to me at night. I LOVE it. I sleep well and so does he. I read a really great article about co-sleeping, have a read through, it made me feel like I was doing the right thing. My DH and I have talked about it, and we both are happy to have Bren in our bed.

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/7/T071000.asp

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t102200.asp

Martha and baby naturally slept on their sides, belly-to-belly facing each other. Even if they started out at a distance, baby would naturally gravitate toward Martha, their heads facing each other, sort of a breath away

So true!!

we co sleep in th morning when daddy has gone and i love it we both enjoy the closeness xxx

i co sleep not really by choice- he wont sleep anywhere else, i do like the closeness but i dont get good sleep

i try not to - i know pne day i could regret it if he wont get used to his cot - but i do tend to bring him in after his 6 or 7am feed. its lovely!!!!!!!!

I would love to but did not want to start a habit that we wouldn't be able to break without tears.

We've been co sleeping since Angelynn came home because she wouldn't settle anywhere else. Now she sleeps in her cot by our bed and she will come into bed with us if she's up early. We're usually too tired to sit up with her until she gets into a deep sleep. I think so far she's doing just fine sleeping on her own! I'm not worried. But i do love having her near me :)

I have her in bed with me at night during the week when Rich isn't here.

Kieran comes in with me now, it's the only way I manage to get some sleep :dohh:

He will sleep in his moses basket in the day but for some reason he will only sleep at night if he is in with me :?

i try not to! i put charlie in his moses basket when i first come to bed and after his first feed when im not too tierd! but it gets too about 3am he wakes up for a feed and i end up having him in bed with us untill about 6 or 7 when he wakes up for his next one then im awake for the rest of the day but i do let him lay in bed with his daddy while i get ready if he wont settle in the moses basket! i know im going to regret it because already hes much more settled when hes in bed with us or we're holding him than if he's in his own bed! on the other hand it does make breastfeeding easyer :)

I've done it a few times and love it. I think we both sleep better and she just looks so peaceful when I wake up and she's still sleeping next to me.

Unfortunately, I'm such a mover in my sleep, I'm afraid to do it too much, so it's only when I fall asleep while she's in our bed, or a couple of times when she wouldn't settle anywhere else.

i would bring my now 2 1/2 yr old in bed with me after his 2am feeding which was great because i was so sleepy and we could both just fall asleep, but now it is hard sometimes he still wants to crawl into bed with us around 3 or 4 so i have to get up and put him back into his bed.

Im not going to do it... No matter what.

I dont feel it is safe, and anyone who I actually know IRL who has co-slept is having the worst time re-training their toddler to sleep alone, it is a nightmare for them, and IMO not something the child has to go through.

Personally I believe in having a good routine, and that means starting when they are babies and still very adaptable.

Having a baby is a definate test of will, mothers only want their babies to be happy, but sometimes that also means making hard choices, one being letting them self-sooth sometimes, even though it hurts us to hear them cry... and for me, the other being getting my baby to sleep alone, which may very well be hard in the beginning.

However, everyone has their own beliefs and experiences :D

I have feelings that go both ways.

I started cosleeping with Colton in the mornings, after OH left. Then he got too used to it and wouldn't sleep in his bassinet at night; so ended up cosleeping 100%.
I do love the connection and knowing he is right there next to me.
At about 3 months I started trying to get him to sleep in his crib. And OMG, the difference in the amount of sleep we get is amazing. He sleeps tons better in there, and I get alot better sleep. He used to wake 1-2 times during the night for a feed. But has now gotten to were he will sleep from 10pm until 7am straight.
So now he sleeps with mommy during, at least, one of his naps during the day (sometimes all three :blush:); but continues to sleep in his crib at night. It works for us both.

Im not going to do it... No matter what.

I dont feel it is safe, and anyone who I actually know IRL who has co-slept is having the worst time re-training their toddler to sleep alone, it is a nightmare for them, and IMO not something the child has to go through.

Personally I believe in having a good routine, and that means starting when they are babies and still very adaptable.

Having a baby is a definate test of will, mothers only want their babies to be happy, but sometimes that also means making hard choices, one being letting them self-sooth sometimes, even though it hurts us to hear them cry... and for me, the other being getting my baby to sleep alone, which may very well be hard in the beginning.

However, everyone has their own beliefs and experiences :D

Well said ryder - I'm so glad DH and I put baby in a routine early on as I've watched the nightmares some other ones have been through trying to get baby to sleep in the cot - and I really did not want to put LO through it!

Eventually I know of parents who have let baby cry themselves to sleep - which I also strongly disagree with. So started early and it means that baby has learnt to sleep on his own and we get good sleep too......

I know I don't belong here yet - soon, but not yet - but still I will be co sleeping with my son as I love the idea of the closeness! And if he wants to sleep with me until he's 12, so what?:)
It can be dangerous but here there are these foam things you put under him to secure his movement while he sleeps and to assure he won't roll away/off the bed, and I won't be using pillows as a risk for suffocation!

I have co-slept with Brennan since he was born. I did try to put him in his craddle, but it just killed me not having him close. Plus I am breastfeeding, so it is just so much easier to have him next to me at night. I LOVE it. I sleep well and so does he. I read a really great article about co-sleeping, have a read through, it made me feel like I was doing the right thing. My DH and I have talked about it, and we both are happy to have Bren in our bed.

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/7/T071000.asp

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t102200.asp

really reasuring; thanks samantha!

i am breastfeeding too and having him with us just seems so right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->