Cod Fillet with Goats Cheese

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I can't cook to save my life but my OH is an excellent chef and cooked for many celebrities & Royalty so I figured I'd post some of his recipies. This is the only one I can find for now but I'll continue snooping through the computer.

Cod filet with Goat cheese & olive crumble, tomato and olive tart

For 4 people

1 large filet of fresh cod
8 plum tomatoes
100gr goat cheese
50gr green marinated olives
200gr bread crumb
Zest of 1 lemon
4 circle of puff pastry (7 inches of diameter)
2 gloves of garlic, fresh basil and thyme
1 egg for egg wash
200gr of rocket leaves
Olive oil, salt, pepper, caster sugar

Set the circles of puff pastry on an oven tray coated with parchment paper; brush lightly the pastry with egg wash. Put 4 halves of tomato & a few pitted olives on each circle, sprinkle with chopped garlic, basil leaves, salt and pepper. Drizzle generously with olive oil cook in the oven at 170C for 15 to 20 minutes.

Crumbled goat cheese with the bread crumb, lemon zest, a dash of olive oil and a pinch of fresh thyme

While the tarts are baking, skin and cut the filet of cod in to 4 portions seasoned with salt & pepper. Top the filets with the goat cheese crumble. Bake the fish in a non stick pan in the oven for about 10 minutes until the crumble get a little coloration.

Presentation
On a plate lay the cod on the tart, top with some dressed rocket leaves, drizzle with olive oil.

Serve with a good chilled white wine such as Alsace Riesling or Pouilly fuisse burgundy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->