Coffee...

Natalie&Karl

Reaction score
Why shouldnt we drink coffee during pregnancy?:hissy:

And how seriously do you take these eating and drinking "regulations" during pregnancy?

Very as some if not most can cause serious repocussions if not followed.

But thats my personal opnion ... some take no notice at all but when it comes to eggs, soft cheese, blue cheese, liver and pate ETC ... i would rather go 9mths without than cause any harm to bubs!!!

xxx

With coffee i think its to do with the caffeine causing probs, i cut down and switched to decaff. Can't qute remember think its to do with miscarriage, stillbirth and low birth weight but could be wrong.

Hmmm..i personally do take the more identified ones seriously...e.g. soft cheeses, pate etc... but when in comes to the less concerning ones... hopefully nuts...coffee etc i'm not so sure.

But like u mentioned...9 months without is better than risking any harm to baby.

Sorry was just wondering because i just had a cup of coffee and seem to be really craving the taste today.... i'm more of a tea person than i coffee one overall..

I drink the occasion cup but not all day everyday!!

Best person to ask is you MW or google it hun!
xxx

I didnt know you couldnd have coffee during pregnancy, I think you should just avoid excessive intake because the caffeine isnt good, after all you are still geting caffine if you drink coke or tea.

Im drinking WAYYYYYYYY to much coke zero ....

Need to cut down TBH and i intend too ... but im just a worrier when im PG ... i drive mum up the wall with i can do this, i can't do that ...

But i would avoid it! (if i could lmao)
xxx

Isnt Coke Zero sugar and caffeine free?

Not sure caffieen???

Will go check on of the 40 cans in my fridge lol
xxx

Here you go....

From the Food Standards Agency website. I'm pretty anal about avoiding stuff but it's taken me so long to get here I think I'm entitled to be a teensy bit paranoid about stuff.

Alcohol and caffeine

https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/eatwell/multimedia/images/thumbnails/tngrind.jpg

You should drink no more than 1 or 2 units of alcohol, once or twice a week.

A unit is half a pint of standard strength beer, lager or cider, or a pub measure of spirit. A glass of wine is about 2 units and alcopops are about 1.5 units.

You should limit the amount of caffeine you have each day, but you don't need to cut it out completely. Caffeine occurs naturally in a range of foods, such as coffee, tea and chocolate, and it's also added to some soft drinks and 'energy' drinks.

It's important not to have more than 300mg a day. This is because high levels of caffeine can result in babies having a low birth weight, or even miscarriage.

Each of these contains roughly 300mg of caffeine:
  • 3 mugs of instant coffee (100mg each)
  • 4 cups of instant coffee (75mg each)
  • 3 cups of brewed coffee (100mg each)
  • 6 cups of tea (50mg each)
  • 8 cans of cola (up to 40mg each)
  • 4 cans of 'energy' drink (up to 80mg each)
  • 8 (50g) bars of plain chocolate (up to 50mg each). Caffeine in milk chocolate is about half that of plain chocolate
So if you eat a bar of plain chocolate and drink 3 cups of tea, a can of cola and a cup of instant coffee in a day, you'll have reached your 300mg limit.

Remember that caffeine is also found in certain cold and flu remedies, so always check with your GP or another health professional before taking any of these

Thanks Helen, I didnt really think about chocolate, better lay off the family size bars! :blush:

LMAO!!!

We will make a pact cat ... only one family size bar a day and only 1 pack of 10 cokes for me lol!!!

xxx

lol its all right for you, your having sugar free rinks, IM going to end up the size of a house with all my chocolate consumption. I normally eat around 1 little bar a month, but with this PG Ihave just eaten what ever my body feels like. I am normally very controlled and healthy with my diet, but I see getting uge with PG is the best excuse Im going to get to eat pies, and chocolate, and triffles, and cheesecake, and everything else thats fattening and sugery!

LMFAO!!!

Hun i have a secret to tell ....

I've eaten 22 vanilla and custard slices in the past 3wks ...

Shhhhh don't tell
xxx

I have never drank hot drinks, I don't like them, well barr hot chocolate.....but when I was PG with Alfie, I really fancied coffee and started drinking it, not loads tho, but I did drink it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->