Colic or Constipation?

Tsia

My MyloMan - he turned 1!
Reaction score
My poor little guy has been really unsettled today from 3pm this afternoon.
off his food.. randomly screaming and generally cranky.. wont settle in any position.. and if he does... hes quiet for literally 4 mins then he screams out again for another burst.

This is far beyond growth spurt I think. He is 2 weeks 5 days old.
he has only had one poo and that was a dirty nappy at 10am this morn.. nothing since only wet nappies.
And hes only eaten 2 oz's all day.. everytime I have offered it thinking hes hungry and he just gets frustrated and screams again.

I think he is in pain.. certainly screaming like it. Tried everything to calm him. Put him in the bath with me.. and it seemed to help things briefly.. after 10 mins.. he was screaming again and his whole body went bright red.. and had purply blotches on his abdomen! He was crying so hard the blood was making his skin bright red and purply!! I was heartbroken. OH came and took him and wrapped him in the towel, swaddled did the trick I think and he fell asleep.. thankfully he hasnt woke yet. (apart from a grumble at 9pm and he took 40mls of a warm bottle)
I darent disturb him.. poor little mite hasnt slept hardly since 3pm.. and must have tired himself out with all the crying.

So.. is these symptoms colic? or constipation? I use infacol with every feed.. and if its colic that means it isnt working! :shrug:

Its so distressing seeing him like that :cry::cry::cry:

If he's formula fed the number of dirty nappies normal. Ruby goes once a day, sometimes every 2 days.
I would be concerned about the purply blotches on him - does he seem unwell at all? Personally I would call NHS direct. Better to be safe...

the blotches only appeared when he cried the hardest.. just before we got him out the bath. it was like I could see his hurting intestines through his skin on his tummy.
They are completely gone now.. and his whole body is back to normal colour.
Maybe this happens everytime his tummys hurting and we just dont see it cos hes clothed?

Yeah hes FF. But just doesnt seem intrested at all in food today. the night was ok.. apart from the half 1am feed turned cranky and didnt get him back off to sleep til 3am! I am just hoping tonight is ok. HES STILL ASLEEP. I dont wanna wake him if hes still suffering with a bit of tummy ache.
May try him on some warm water later.. may move things along in the intestines if thats whats causing him distress.

ruby has started to become a little like this since we introduced some formula...
i find that a warm bath, followed by a tummy massage (under the belly button, rub little circles ALWAYS in a clockwise direction, firm but not hard) and a nice feed / warm bottle.. this seems to get things moving for her. you can also try lying him on his back and holding his feet, gently bring his knees up to his tummy a few times.. sometimes moves things along a bit too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->