Comfort feeding all night

Ivory Doll

Reaction score
My lo is nearly 13 weeks old and has started comfort feeding all night the past week. We co-sleep.
I know there's a growth spurt around this age and even though I'm very tired I don't mind if I'm not creating a bad habit.
She's not really feeding just using me as a soother.

I don't really know many people who breastfeed to ask so what do you ladies think? Is this something I should stop her doing or carry on?

I have been comfort feeding my baby for almost 6 months. Still co sleeping. Honestly, if you are ok with it and it is working for you there is nothing wrong with it. I find that it is the best thing for my baby at the moment. Sure my sleep is choppy but you will adjust to your baby's feeding schedule.

I would watch to see if baby is actually swallowing then the moment actual feeding stops , burp and settle again :) that's what I have always done and found it easy to settle my lo , hopefully this will help as months go on constant waking nights will take its toll on you as it has me we are feeding every 2-3 hours all night at 7 months but she is actually feeding as I have low milk , so let her feed but if she was just using me as a soother I would just re settle her in bed :)you need your rest if you don't want to get to my position where your constantly exhausted x

We have been feeding almost hourly for the last 2-3 weeks overnight.

I always just let her comfort suck as much as she wanted at night. One thing I noticed, however, is that she's more likely to comfort suck if her diaper is wet. If it's dry, she's more likely to un-latch and go into a deeper level of sleep. That being said, there are phases where babies just need more comfort in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->