Coming off contraception has driven me insane!

Ladybumpkin

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
around 4 months ago I stopped wearing the Ortho Evra patch after trialling it for around 7 months. Prior to that I had been on Yasmin but had a break between the two types of contraception.
Since stopping, I've been monitoring my cycle lengths as previously I had been regular at 28 days. But here I am now 7 days late (if i was to go off my usual cycle length).
My hormones are literally driving me insane; huge boobs, teary, weird appetites and for the first time in my life I snapped and shouted at my OH- which was followed straight after by floods of tears.
Now I don't know if i'm just losing it, or if there may actually be a chance of being pregnant.
But before I put it down to that I just wondered what it had been like for you? Have any of you had similar reactions after stopping contraception? Or were any of you actually pregnant with similar symptoms.
I look forward to any of your replies

Hi Hun,

I was also on ortho evra.. Was on it for a year, I stopped In April last year and have nothing but awkward cycles since and terrible symptoms. My cycles where 28 days always have been and since coming off it they have extended to 32days. I know my body played tricks on me and a few cycles I thought yay this is it but sadly it wasn't. We've been trying for 14/15 months now. Sadly no luck :(

Only way to know for sure Hun is do a test :)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/246197//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Thanks for your reply! I sometimes regret even starting contraception because my cycles were so easy before all this began! So glad to hear from someone who's been in a similar position, all my googling has left me baffled!
I think I'll be testing by the weekend if still no show, but to be honest we're attending a wedding on Monday and have booked a room....I think OH would be rather annoyed if AF showed up after he's forked out £120 for the night haha!:winkwink:
Crossing my fingers :)

I know how that feels I felt the evra patch was a gd idea until I came off it suffered bad headaches, messed up cycles sometimes even bled mid cyclet was crazy! I feel like the last 4 months it's come to some sort of normality but that's because I'm taking vitex it's helped regulate them. Fx'd you get your bfp!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/246197//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I feel your pain!

I came off Yasmin in May, took my last pill on the 24th of May, came on in the 27th May, that lasted until 3rd June and I've had nothing since! My skin is all spotty, I've got every pregnancy symptom going, I've been POAS like a woman possessed yet only ever get BFNs. It's just horrible!! Me and DH are TTC but actually we're still WTT because my period seems to have gone AWOL!

Hey Lady! :flower:

So I stopped taking the BCP (Gianvi) on July 3rd. AF ran from July 7-July 11. My cycles usually run for 28 days. My AF started on CD 24. I was so lost and had (what I thought were) symptoms that could be pregnancy related and it was around the time that implantation would be taking place. I'm on an emotional rollercoaster!! I definitely understand where you're coming from! :growlmad:

Thank you ladies!
I think mother nature is just being so mean with us! All i ask for is a simple month where I know what is going to happen on what days....i hate the unpredictability of my monthly cycles after silly BC! I really think they should make some sort of app that decides whether its a pregnant or AF symptom and isn't just guessing haha.
Hoping we wont have to wait long :)

I definitely feel your pain. I've been off BC since May of 2013 (16 months). I think my body is STILL working things through.

But at least I get a period on a RELATIVELY regular basis (at first I would skip two and three months) and my LPs seem to have lengthened from 7 days to 9.

I am hoping that if I continue to be patient with my body, it will continue to figure things out on it's own. (although I am taking a vitamin b complex now... which might be why the LPs have lengthened)

For the first few months I had every pregnancy symptom possible. Fact is, I think I was just always confused (umm, still am really, lol). I couldn't tell what felt "different" because it was ALL different to me. I didn't really know what a "normal" natural period felt like for me. Unfortunately, I probably still don't. But I have learned to not read into things too much as my emotions, and possibly hormones, calmed down. I wouldn't go through the same thing every month.

Of course this month my boobs hurt increasingly bad from DPO 5-7 (and are still slightly sore), so I thought maybe things would be different this month, but I started my dark brown spotting last night, so I expect AF today or tomorrow, which would be another short luteal phase for me.

(to be fair, no normal person would have noticed the spotting last night. Just me, as I inspect every piece of toilet paper I use.. lol !!!! :haha:)

But I wanted you know I feel your pain and I do think our bodies need our patience! (yeah, easier said than done, lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->