Conceiving after a loss - do I have to wait until my next period?

Sophiejash

Reaction score
How do I know when I can start trying again? I don't want to wait until after my first period. Has anyone else not waited and fallen pregnant straight away? Will a negative pregnancy test tell me I'm ready? Thanks

Once a test has returned to negative you can begin trying again. That's how I done it anyway when I had my losses.

Sorry about your loss, and good luck TTC :hugs: xx

They usually recommend waiting until after first cycle for dating purposes!!!! My dr also said to help build up the uterine wall for proper implantation.... but there have been many successful pregnancies immediately following a loss!!! Good luck hun!

My doctor told me I could try again straight away. I had a M/C on the 26th of August and got my BFP on the 25th of September. I'm terrified tho. Wish you all the luck in the world

My son was conceived right after a miscarriage. My doctor and I were at odds until the dating scan because "I couldn't be pregnant" and "It's too soon. Your body just hasn't reset"

Essentially, I didn't have a period which means I must have ovulated very shortly after losing the first baby. My husband and I had no desire to wait to try. We were devastated by our loss so conceiving so soon was such a blessing. It helped us immensely in the grieving process. Tyler is over a year and a half old now and we wouldn't change a thing. :)

I had a 13w missed miscarriage... They told me to wait 3 cycles.

I conceived right after my loss. My miscarriage started on the 20th and in late July we were trying to see if sex feels comfortable at all. That is when I fell pregnant with this one. Am now 10+5 and all is well aside from a subchorionic hematoma.
Sometimes I wonder if waiting a month could have prevented a hematoma from forming though as they can happen when the egg bounces off the uterine lining and then attempts to attach again. With no uterine lining...well it would seem hard to attach :shrug:.

I got pregnant on the cycle after my miscarriage with no period in between. I got a BFP exactly 3 weeks after my miscarriage started and baby is due to arrive in about 9 weeks!

I got pregnant with my DD the cycle straight after a MC at 7 weeks - I didnt ovulate for 4 weeks though. Shes now 18m old.

Awk ladies I'm so happy to hear some of yous got your rainbow babies... It is making me feel a bit better about this pregnancy I'm so scared, I lost my little bean on the 26th of August xx

my docs told us really strictly to hold off for at least 3 cycles to help rebuild the uterine wall and said if i did fall pregnant immediately, that the chances were higher of miscarrying again as my uterine walls were really thin. that said, i had a pretty extensive emergency D&C and i think it depends largely on that - if you had a natural MC, i think there is nothing to worry about, with d&cs it is different though, as the uterus lining is really under strain then and it does take some time to recover

(also - the first "period" after the D&C that i had was so gross, it came about 4 weeks after the intervention and i've never bled that much nor that disgustingly in my whole life - it started off with completely black blood - sorry for TMI - so i can't possibly imagine how anything could have ever implanted there before that first post D&C "cleansing" cycle).

OH and i have chosen to wait as we weren't ready emotionally, after seeing that first cycle, we were put off even more.

my docs told us really strictly to hold off for at least 3 cycles to help rebuild the uterine wall and said if i did fall pregnant immediately, that the chances were higher of miscarrying again as my uterine walls were really thin. that said, i had a pretty extensive emergency D&C and i think it depends largely on that - if you had a natural MC, i think there is nothing to worry about, with d&cs it is different though, as the uterus lining is really under strain then and it does take some time to recover

(also - the first "period" after the D&C that i had was so gross, it came about 4 weeks after the intervention and i've never bled that much nor that disgustingly in my whole life - it started off with completely black blood - sorry for TMI - so i can't possibly imagine how anything could have ever implanted there before that first post D&C "cleansing" cycle).

OH and i have chosen to wait as we weren't ready emotionally, after seeing that first cycle, we were put off even more.

I think D&C is a different story. But with a natural miscarriage you bleed and everything gets cleaned out.

There is a new study that suggests that getting pregnant asap results in a positive outcome:
Study: No Need to Delay Pregnancy After Miscarriage

WebMD Health News*by*Denise Mann

WebMD News Archive

Aug. 5, 2010 --*How soon until we can try again?*This is one of the first questions that women who have experienced a*miscarriage*will ask their doctor. And a new study suggests that there is no reason for many women to delay*getting pregnant*after a miscarriage. According to a new study, the sooner a woman conceives again, the better her chances of having a healthy*pregnancy.

Specifically, women who conceive within six months after a miscarriage are less likely to miscarry again or experience other pregnancy-related complications when compared with women who wait for longer periods of time. The findings appear in the journal*BMJ.

"Women can be broadly reassured that the next pregnancy is likely to have a positive outcome, and they should try to conceive as soon as they feel physically and mentally ready,"
Source: https://www.m.webmd.com/baby/news/20100805/study-no-need-delay-pregnancy-after-miscarriage

This among other research made me not wait. Though I was still shocked to conceive a few days after the bleeding ended. In my case my ovulation just went back to pre pregnancy which is at the end of the month atm, with the full moon.

Technically there should have been nothing for baby to implant in, yet I have a healthy 10+4 baby now.
There are so many other storys of moms who conceived right away and had a super healthy pregnancy...so I think there must be something else to the uterine lining theory that we don't understand.

I wish there was more research about it.

I know for me personally waiting would have been scary...I have dealt with hormonal imbalances in the past after a 9 week miscarriage due to a medical procedure...my hormones were not in a good place after. I doubt I would have even conceived about 2-3 months after the miscarriage.

My Chemical pregnancy even corrected a few hormonal imbalances for me like a chronic fungal problem that I've been having since my last pregnancy, though creating a healthier environment for this baby. :)

I have just got a bfp 1st cycle after mc... so I didn't have a period.so nervous but really excited... don't want to get my hopes up too much tho x

Oh congratulations everyone. It's so comforting to know there are others being successful straight after miscarriage. How often were you all doing the deed? Or were you taking the relaxed attitude and doing whenever? I so want to fall pregnant again asap x

I think D&C is a different story. But with a natural miscarriage you bleed and everything gets cleaned out.

There is a new study that suggests that getting pregnant asap results in a positive outcome:
Study: No Need to Delay Pregnancy After Miscarriage

WebMD Health News*by*Denise Mann

WebMD News Archive

Aug. 5, 2010 --*How soon until we can try again?*This is one of the first questions that women who have experienced a*miscarriage*will ask their doctor. And a new study suggests that there is no reason for many women to delay*getting pregnant*after a miscarriage. According to a new study, the sooner a woman conceives again, the better her chances of having a healthy*pregnancy.

Specifically, women who conceive within six months after a miscarriage are less likely to miscarry again or experience other pregnancy-related complications when compared with women who wait for longer periods of time. The findings appear in the journal*BMJ.

"Women can be broadly reassured that the next pregnancy is likely to have a positive outcome, and they should try to conceive as soon as they feel physically and mentally ready,"
Source: https://www.m.webmd.com/baby/news/20100805/study-no-need-delay-pregnancy-after-miscarriage

This among other research made me not wait. Though I was still shocked to conceive a few days after the bleeding ended. In my case my ovulation just went back to pre pregnancy which is at the end of the month atm, with the full moon.

Technically there should have been nothing for baby to implant in, yet I have a healthy 10+4 baby now.
There are so many other storys of moms who conceived right away and had a super healthy pregnancy...so I think there must be something else to the uterine lining theory that we don't understand.

I wish there was more research about it.

I know for me personally waiting would have been scary...I have dealt with hormonal imbalances in the past after a 9 week miscarriage due to a medical procedure...my hormones were not in a good place after. I doubt I would have even conceived about 2-3 months after the miscarriage.

My Chemical pregnancy even corrected a few hormonal imbalances for me like a chronic fungal problem that I've been having since my last pregnancy, though creating a healthier environment for this baby. :)

in fact, i specified in my original post that i think that with a natural MC there is no need to wait, but that with the D&C the things are different, due to the surgical intervention :)

Oh congratulations everyone. It's so comforting to know there are others being successful straight after miscarriage. How often were you all doing the deed? Or were you taking the relaxed attitude and doing whenever? I so want to fall pregnant again asap x

Every time I have TTC we do it every other day starting by cycle day 10 to keep the baby army fresh and aware ;) :rofl:

Skyesmom
I agreed with you. Sorry if it wasn't clear. I wanted to share the research for the OP to see :) (which is about natural mc I'm sure)

Sophiejash
We did it three times without protection about every other day only. We were thinking I was not fertile yet and were just trying to see if it feels okay. However, the sperm seemed to irritate my cervix so we decided to use condoms a few times which felt better but I was so crampy and nauseated I felt I already conceived. So we stopped having sex for a week because I feared another Chemical if we aggravate things.
The whole pregnancy was very crampy however and I bled close to 6 weeks. Then later the hematoma was found. The cramps are hardly there with magnesium now.

Thank you everyone, I'm so sorry for all your losses, I cannot believe how common it is to lose a baby. We've decided not to wait for first af as I miscarried naturally and heard so many people say they conceived straight away so hoping all will be ok. It might not happen straight away for us but didn't want to miss the opportunity. Fingers crossed we all get our rainbows xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->