Concerned about cramping!

Beccaboo828

Reaction score
Hi all, so I'm 4 week's 4 days. I have been having continual cramping this afternoon/evening and most of yesterday. I'm trying to convince myself it's all normal but well.. I am failing lol I've suffered 5 losses so am crazy paranoid that I'm going to m/c.

I don't have much to add except I'm in the same boat. I just tested positive on Friday, after having cramping for over a week. I've been told that as long as there's no bleeding and it's no more severe than regular period cramping, it's normal.

But, like you, I've had miscarriages before. So every time I get a cramp my mind is immediately like, "Welp, this is it, that was nice while it lasted, when am I going to start bleeding?" The only comfort to me is that I've HAD this cramping for at least a week now, and I'm still pregnant enough to test positive in the middle of the afternoon, then again two hours after that, and again two hours after that... So... Something must be going right, right?

The last two times I got a positive, they were faint lines, and then I had severe cramping, followed by negative morning tests, followed by bleeding.

@Firefly Skies thank you for replying. I thought the two week wait was bad this unsure stage is much worse. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you sweet. I think I'm going to go for a reassurance scan at the 6 week mark. Just for peace of mind.

Totaly agree with you regarding the 2ww and early pregnancy. Early pregnancy is way more worrying.
I've also had 3 MC. 2 early ones and 1 at 10+ weeks.
With the early MC I only ever got v faint BFPs then I wud test a day later and line wud be fainter. Then id test again and BFN. Then a few days later the bleeding wud start.

Ive been testing like a mad womon with this preganacy making sure them lines are still dark. I'm 6 weeks and 4 days still haven't had a scan yet but hoping and praying I get one soon just for the reassurance.

Cramping is normol as long as it not really painful. I had cramping when I first found out I was pregnant and I was worried but my tests were still positive. And here I am very nearly 7 weeks and I'm still getting very strong BFPs.

I'm sure all will be ok.

I have cramping - sometimes painful - every few days. No bleeding and tests are still super dark so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. Try and imagine it as your baby settling in to its new home!

Totaly agree with you regarding the 2ww and early pregnancy. Early pregnancy is way more worrying.
I've also had 3 MC. 2 early ones and 1 at 10+ weeks.
With the early MC I only ever got v faint BFPs then I wud test a day later and line wud be fainter. Then id test again and BFN. Then a few days later the bleeding wud start.

Ive been testing like a mad womon with this preganacy making sure them lines are still dark. I'm 6 weeks and 4 days still haven't had a scan yet but hoping and praying I get one soon just for the reassurance.

Cramping is normol as long as it not really painful. I had cramping when I first found out I was pregnant and I was worried but my tests were still positive. And here I am very nearly 7 weeks and I'm still getting very strong BFPs.

I'm sure all will be ok.

Thank you sweetness. I have had slight constipation so that probably contributed to the cramping.
I have a rare blood disorder so tend to have lots of scans which are a blessing. I'm thinking of getting a private scan when I hit 6/7 weeks. There is a clinic near me that charges £79. Yes it's a lot of money but it is money well spent given the circumstances :flower:

I have cramping - sometimes painful - every few days. No bleeding and tests are still super dark so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. Try and imagine it as your baby settling in to its new home!

That is a good way of looking at it! I will have to try the more positive way of looking at it all.

Thank you sweetness. I have had slight constipation so that probably contributed to the cramping.
I have a rare blood disorder so tend to have lots of scans which are a blessing. I'm thinking of getting a private scan when I hit 6/7 weeks. There is a clinic near me that charges £79. Yes it's a lot of money but it is money well spent given the circumstances :flower:

Bless you hon.
Ive got some health issues as well so this will be a high risk pregnancy.
I had a full liver transplant 8 years ago. And I also have epilepsy (controlled with meds)
And Bipoler type 2. I'm also 39 so that also puts me at a higher risk.
It's not fun is it hon lol.
I've looked into booking a privet scan but there about £90 here and I just can't afford it so I'm just going to have to sit tight and wait. I've got a midwife appointment next week at 8 weeks and I'm hoping she has a portable scanner or that she hears the HB on her dopler.
I'm sure I'll hear from the high risk pregnancy consultant soon and she should want to scan me like with my DD. I had a scan at 7 weeks with her but I'm already 6 weeks and 5 days so don't think I'll be getting a scan at 7 weeks. But hoping it will be really really soon. Really hope i won't have to wait till 12 weeks:shrug:

I have also been constipated and that will give u horrible belly ache hon.
Sadly constipation is all part of pregnancy. I've been trying to eat high fibre stuff but I have a sweet tooth hehe.
My breasts are very sore again today and felt queezy when I woke up. I've had 3 boild eggs and 2 slices of toast and the sickness has gone away for now.
Will be back again I expect in a few hours when I'm hungry again.
How are you feeling?

Bless you hon.
Ive got some health issues as well so this will be a high risk pregnancy.
I had a full liver transplant 8 years ago. And I also have epilepsy (controlled with meds)
And Bipoler type 2. I'm also 39 so that also puts me at a higher risk.
It's not fun is it hon lol.
I've looked into booking a privet scan but there about £90 here and I just can't afford it so I'm just going to have to sit tight and wait. I've got a midwife appointment next week at 8 weeks and I'm hoping she has a portable scanner or that she hears the HB on her dopler.
I'm sure I'll hear from the high risk pregnancy consultant soon and she should want to scan me like with my DD. I had a scan at 7 weeks with her but I'm already 6 weeks and 5 days so don't think I'll be getting a scan at 7 weeks. But hoping it will be really really soon. Really hope i won't have to wait till 12 weeks:shrug:

I have also been constipated and that will give u horrible belly ache hon.
Sadly constipation is all part of pregnancy. I've been trying to eat high fibre stuff but I have a sweet tooth hehe.
My breasts are very sore again today and felt queezy when I woke up. I've had 3 boild eggs and 2 slices of toast and the sickness has gone away for now.
Will be back again I expect in a few hours when I'm hungry again.
How are you feeling?

Oh gosh! Why do we do this to ourselves.. oh yes because babies smell SO good and well cuddles Haha
You are amazing!!
I will keep all crossed you get an early scan sweet. As I have had previous babies they are getting more reluctant to scan me early.
Apart from sore breasts when I take my bra off and the cramping I'm feeling ok. I start my injections tomorrow which I'm not looking forward too but it's worth it in the end. X

Oh gosh! Why do we do this to ourselves.. oh yes because babies smell SO good and well cuddles Haha
You are amazing!!
I will keep all crossed you get an early scan sweet. As I have had previous babies they are getting more reluctant to scan me early.
Apart from sore breasts when I take my bra off and the cramping I'm feeling ok. I start my injections tomorrow which I'm not looking forward too but it's worth it in the end. X

Hahaha I know I know lol.
But babies are just so so cute and tiny and they do smell so so nice and make the cutest little noises.
Awww hon bless ya. I'm not a big fan of injections but it will be well worth it sweety.
Thank you hon. I've still not heard anything today reg scan but hoping I'll get a date this week.

Hahaha I know I know lol.
But babies are just so so cute and tiny and they do smell so so nice and make the cutest little noises.
Awww hon bless ya. I'm not a big fan of injections but it will be well worth it sweety.
Thank you hon. I've still not heard anything today reg scan but hoping I'll get a date this week.

Did you hear anything about getting an early scan yet?

I went to see my gp today. He said I needed a scan before I start my heparin injections. The EPAU called and I'm booked in for next Wednesday

Did you hear anything about getting an early scan yet?

I went to see my gp today. He said I needed a scan before I start my heparin injections. The EPAU called and I'm booked in for next Wednesday

Hi sweety.
Well I had a letter come through yesterday from the NHS saying a appointment had been canceled and to call who ever referred me to explain why appointment has been cancelled.
So I rang my doctors and she said she will call the hospital and find out what is happening.
After waiting all day yesterday I got a call back from my doctors surgery saying they cancelled my appointment because they want me to see the community midwife first.
I was also told that I probably will not have any scans untill I'm 12 weeks.
I have a midwife appointment on Wednesday and they said she will be the one who decides if I need a scan b4 12 weeks but it's very unlikely.
As you can imagine I was very distressed.
All my symptoms have pretty much vanished even boobs don't feel as tender now.

Anyway I just can not wait till 12 weeks so we booked a privet early scan.
And I had it today and I saw the generational sack and the baby and the yolk sack. I'm measuring 7 weeks but I know I'm 7 weeks pluss 1 day because I know the day I O.
But the best thing of all is I saw a fast beating little heart.
Was told that there's just one baby and they everything looks great so far.
She checked my overys and everything it was amazing.
I feel so relived but also still nervous being in the first trimester. I'll feel alot better when I'm in the 2nd trimester and the risk of MC is greatly reduced.
I am very happy I got to see baby tho and that I see the heartbeat I'm feeling alot more positive now.
How have you been feeling? I'm so happy ure having a early scan hon.
I know we had to pay for ours but it was so worth it.
20190228_155624.jpg

Hi sweety.
Well I had a letter come through yesterday from the NHS saying a appointment had been canceled and to call who ever referred me to explain why appointment has been cancelled.
So I rang my doctors and she said she will call the hospital and find out what is happening.
After waiting all day yesterday I got a call back from my doctors surgery saying they cancelled my appointment because they want me to see the community midwife first.
I was also told that I probably will not have any scans untill I'm 12 weeks.
I have a midwife appointment on Wednesday and they said she will be the one who decides if I need a scan b4 12 weeks but it's very unlikely.
As you can imagine I was very distressed.
All my symptoms have pretty much vanished even boobs don't feel as tender now.

Anyway I just can not wait till 12 weeks so we booked a privet early scan.
And I had it today and I saw the generational sack and the baby and the yolk sack. I'm measuring 7 weeks but I know I'm 7 weeks pluss 1 day because I know the day I O.
But the best thing of all is I saw a fast beating little heart.
Was told that there's just one baby and they everything looks great so far.
She checked my overys and everything it was amazing.
I feel so relived but also still nervous being in the first trimester. I'll feel alot better when I'm in the 2nd trimester and the risk of MC is greatly reduced.
I am very happy I got to see baby tho and that I see the heartbeat I'm feeling alot more positive now.
How have you been feeling? I'm so happy ure having a early scan hon.
I know we had to pay for ours but it was so worth it.
View attachment 1056381

Awww hello baby ❤ I am so so happy for you sweetheart!!
I find the way appointments are done infuriating. They cancel them so quickly these days.

My symptoms are pretty much gone. Cramping is back today. I am not enjoying this limbo land part. I've been going to bed at around 8pm just so another sleep is done and dusted before our scan next Wednesday. I'm not feeling very hopeful at all. Trying to keep busy to stop myself thinking of all the worst case scenarios. It's not working lol xx

Awww hello baby ❤ I am so so happy for you sweetheart!!
I find the way appointments are done infuriating. They cancel them so quickly these days.

My symptoms are pretty much gone. Cramping is back today. I am not enjoying this limbo land part. I've been going to bed at around 8pm just so another sleep is done and dusted before our scan next Wednesday. I'm not feeling very hopeful at all. Trying to keep busy to stop myself thinking of all the worst case scenarios. It's not working lol xx

Hon I was exactly the same as you.
I was even freaking out about there being no baby that's how crazy it got.
My symptoms are pretty non existent now as well and yes that did worry me alot but I had nothing to worry about.

Ive been getting cramping on and off and had bad stabbing pain all in one side 2 nights ago and was really worrying.
I googled it and it's said it's normol and is just stretching pains.
The pain went away but I still Get like tugging pulling pains really low down.
It's happening now but I know it's just stretching pains.
I feel so happy now I've seen baby and heartbeat but I can't wait to be out of this first tri.
I just pray baby continues to grow and thrive.
I'm sure Everything will be fine with you hon as well.
Ive got it all crossed for you

Hon I was exactly the same as you.
I was even freaking out about there being no baby that's how crazy it got.
My symptoms are pretty non existent now as well and yes that did worry me alot but I had nothing to worry about.

Ive been getting cramping on and off and had bad stabbing pain all in one side 2 nights ago and was really worrying.
I googled it and it's said it's normol and is just stretching pains.
The pain went away but I still Get like tugging pulling pains really low down.
It's happening now but I know it's just stretching pains.
I feel so happy now I've seen baby and heartbeat but I can't wait to be out of this first tri.
I just pray baby continues to grow and thrive.
I'm sure Everything will be fine with you hon as well.
Ive got it all crossed for you

Got up this morning to some light pinky bleeding/discharge (Tmi for this time of the day Haha)
I will call the Epau when they open. I'm not very hopeful. I done a frer test this morning and the line although there is non existent. I should be 5+2 so would expect a darker line.
What will be will be. I will just have to follow your progress and save my excitement for your scans and milestones :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->