Concerned about date calculation?

DJ79

Reaction score
Hi all.

This morning I unexpectedly got a BFP result after TTC for nearly 10 years :happydance:. I have now done a Clear Blue Digital and it says 3+ weeks. I have made an appointment at the doctors for confirmation tomorrow but I am concerned about the calculation of dates. I have PCOS and my cycle is all over the place. I range from 14 day cycles to 120 days! My last period started on 21st October. I can't remember when I last did a pregnancy test to give a maximum amount of time. Does anyone know how the doctor will determine a date for me or will I get any early scan?

Needless to say I am very excited, but after 10 years I have become a bit slap dash with any sort of tracking (and I had a few drinks over Christmas!:dohh:)

Thanks in advance for any advice! I'm hoping its a sticky bean and I'll be on here a lot more!

xxxx

Congrats xx
Hopefully they will scan you to check dates ASAP xx

Yes I would ask them for an ultrasound and they will see size of baby and determine how far along you are

Congratulations

Congratulations Hun, they will more than likely get you in to have a scan to see how far you are especially as last period was October :) will be watching for your update :) xx

When you speak to your doctor, you may need to reiterate the fact that you have PCOS and therefore, your dates won't be accurate based on LMP. That way they should hopefully refer you for a scan to determine dates.

I also have PCOS and recently went through my second round of IVF. The nurse who did my scan at the fertility clinic told me that my GP and midwife were likely to question my dates, despite the fact that I was 100% sure of conception date. Low and behold, when I went to be GP, I explained that it was an IVF pregnancy and told him that I was 7+4 and showed him a copy of the scan performed at my clinic (which showed that I was measuring a day ahead). He appeared to process that and then asked when my LMP was. I told him and made of point of saying that it was irrelevant, yet he still tried to put 14 weeks on my file. Luckily, the midwife that he referred me to seemed to grasp it a lot quicker.

Congrats on your BFP, you must be over the moon :happydance: Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x

Congratulations!!

They will ask when the first day of your last period is, just let them know when it was but that they've been incredibly irregular for you and make sure they try to get you in for an early scan (they probably just will because of your cycles anyway).

I have a little bit of a question with my last couple cycles and how far along I might be, so I made sure to tell the nurse and then again tell the doctor (the nurse gave me a couple different due dates, but she just wrote down the last one for the dr, so the DR didn't notice it until I brought it up again). They're sending me in for an early sonogram to figure out the dates.

Thank you so much! The receptionist could only give me a 5 minute appointment so I'll be bombarding him with all the info. If I don't get anywhere I'll book a normal appointment (in 2 weeks!) and refuse to leave until I'm sure they've got it!

After being diagnosed with PCOS I was then asked to book in for an ovulation test 5 days before my period - duh! If I knew that I'd be cooking with gas! 😩

I'll let you know how I get on.

xxxx

Hi everyone.

Well, I sat in the doctors and waited 30 minutes as he was running late only for him to say they don't do pregnancy tests if you have done a clear blue as they are more accurate - all he can do is date it. Well, my predicament was too much for him so he took me to see the midwife, who said to go to reception and fill out of form and she will call me. Obviously the form just asked my last period dates so she now has a form with lots of annotation explaining everything!

It was all a bit of a non event! I will keep you posted on what the midwife says!

xxxx

Hi hun I'm in a similar predicament!

My LMP was the 1st September, I had no period in October I then had spotting for 8days in November ( which I'm guessing might've been implantation bleeding.) and got my BFP on the 2nd December.:thumbup::cloud9:

On Christmas eve my midwife thought I could be as far along as 16 weeks:wacko: but my first scan isn't until the 2nd of February when I could be about 21 weeks! I'm personally hoping that at time of scan I'll only be 16 weeks at the most but I guess only time will tell!:shrug:

The midwife called me yesterday - she had my note but still insisted on treating me like I was 12 weeks based on my dates. I got told of for not approaching them sooner (friendly but firm telling off). I explained if I didn't know how could I! I'd be doing it all the time with my cycle!!!!

Anyway she said she needed to see me urgently - next Friday is the earliest she can fit me in though. She also said I'd get any early scan to date me, but couldn't book it until she'd had her first meeting with me! Argh! I'm then away with work the following week!!!

Any UK ladies know how long it usually takes to get a scan date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->