Concerned about my hcg

thurl30

Mum of two boys
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm in the very early stages of pregnancy, I don't know how far I am but probably 4 weeks 5 or 6 days, I have had a bit of a traumatic time, I had 3 very early miscarriages in the past and so I am incredibly anxious about this pregnancy, I went in to hospital on Saturday morning due to pains in my side and they were querying ectopic, I had my bloods done and my hcg was 643, they booked me a scan for today which showed nothing except an empty 3mm blob which they said could be a 4 week old sac or a sign of ectopic, the re did my bloods to decide what to do next, they just rang to say the hcg today is 1117 so I have another scan ow on 13th October. My concern is the hcg sounds a bit low, does anyone have any experience of blood hcg measurements? Do you think 643 - 1117 in 48 hours is in the low side? Any help or advice will be huge appreciated x

Hi Hun, looks like they are almost doubling... hoping that everything is okay :hugs:

They wouldn't nescecerily see anything with a hcg that low sweetie so try not to worry on that front. I ha a hcg of 3150+ and still had what appeared to be an empty uterus! The waiting is torture but I'm hoping everything turns out well for you! Those numbers seem fine to me :hugs:

those doubling times are spot on. it should double in 72 h but yours are almost doubling in 48!

hang in there girl. sounds like your numbers are doubling JUST right! now try to relax and enjoy this time..

Thanks is much for taking the time to comment everyone, I have had a bit of pink / red spotting so I am ultra concerned, and I don't really understand the whole hcg situation, thanks again I will try and keep calm :thumbup:

midwife wouldnt measure my hcg levels because she had no concern. but when i asked them to measure them, she said the normal range varies from a low normal of like 550 all the way to 2500 or something like that. she said as pregnancy progresses, the normal can range from a low of 5,000 to 13,000 for women in the same progressing stages. so she couldnt give me a normal single digit.

you are quite early so the bleeding/spotting could be from implantation. it could also be the baby really snuggling into your uterus. has it stopped today?

Yes it stopped today, I had quite a lot of pink yesterday though so I went to the hospital again today and they did another blood test, my levels today were 2120 so it seems to be going in the right direction, I'm just constantly on edge at the moment :dohh:

hang in there, mama. glad that it has stopped today. i had a bout of that around 6 weeks. it ended up being from an irritated cervix after sex. stressful for sure! and your number is great!

Thank you :flower: I literally am just hanging in there, no relaxing about it not for a second, I have a scan in 12 days and then I will find out if this is real or not, just got to carry on hanging for those 12 days :thumbup:

I have woken up to more pink spotting this morning, and the last 2 times I have been to the loo it's like a dark browny colour on the tissue, given I have been spotting on and off since Friday pink and now it's changed do you think something is wrong? I still have to wait until 13th for a scan but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

so sorry to hear you're still going through this. what is it like today?? after sex several weeks ago i had spotting. it started out as bright red.. the next morning it was pinkish.. and then it turned to dark brown/black and stringy.. i think that is just the natural progression of your body getting rid of the old blood mixed with all the other cm we have. mine turned out totally normal. i really do just think that it is all ok..

when i had my MC in february it started as red/pink spotting for a week and then progressed to passing clots. it was never brown at all..

is there any way your dr can get you in for a scan any sooner than the 13th? if you are super concerned i would recommend ER.. it is always good to be safe.

let us know how you are today..

Thanks for replying :flower:

I have had a little brown each time I have wiped today, at no stage has it gone on to my underwear or anything like that, I did have a couple of tiny bits of red earlier and now it seems ok again, I did an IC a little while ago just out of interest and it's super dark so I suppose that's a good thing, I just worry about ectopic, I think I will wait it out unless I get any bad pain and if that happens I will ring them again, I guess I still have just over a week so I could start a natural miscarriage in that time :shrug:

i have a really good feeling about your pregnancy. i think everything is going to end up just fine. sounds like your spotting is tapering off as it should!! keep me posted. <3

Thank you :flower:

Good luck with your pregnancy :hugs:

Your numbers are great! I've had two ectopics so I get the feeling of going in and seeing nothing. With this one we got to see baby and hear the heartbeat at 7 weeks, so don't lose hope. Your numbers are where they need to be and doubling on time. With an ectopic they won't double like yours are.

Thank you for that info, I'm sorry to hear what you have been through, but congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:

For me I guess it's just wait and see now, these early weeks are so tough!

Thanks again

I had my scan on Monday, we saw a heart beat and they said everything was normal :happydance: it's just a case of a day at a time now until midwife books my 12 week scan :thumbup:

Thank you for all the advice and replies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->