Confused about DPO & Implantation...

Ellemarley

Reaction score
Let's say DH and I BD'd 3 days before I ovulated. That's still supposed to be a fertile day, correct? And then implantation can occur 6-10 days after ovulation... so the sperm can just hang out in there for 13 DAYS? Sperm can just live for 2 weeks in there? Or am I way off? :wacko:

Let's say DH and I BD'd 3 days before I ovulated. That's still supposed to be a fertile day, correct? And then implantation can occur 6-10 days after ovulation... so the sperm can just hang out in there for 13 DAYS? Sperm can just live for 2 weeks in there? Or am I way off? :wacko:

yes 3days b4 ov was just inside your fertile window. i don't think sperm can live that long hun, the maxx is five days, its best to :sex: every other day leading up to and just after ov, so say if you were due to ov on wednesday, i'd perhaps :sex: sunday, tuesday and thursday, and any more in between if ur up to it ;)

and yep implantation you got right, usually around 9 days but may come earlier or later xx

xx

By the time the implantation happens - your OHs spermies will already have made their journey and be in your eggy! Its the mixture of sperm/egg that implants (is it called embryo yet? or group of cells?)

So no, the sperm wouldn't last for 2-weeks - because they'll have already done their job (hopefully!)

xxx

Once you ovulate the sperm can fertilise the egg, once it does that it travels to the uterus to implant in the uterine wall, this takes a few days. The sperm can't survive all that time unless it fertilises an egg.

The sperm can survive at most for 5-6 days.

Oooooh thanks ladies that somthin i didnt know either im 4dpo so my spemies/egg will b on its way then is that right :) xxx

Ok, once you ovulate they're already in your egg? So implantation isn't the sperm implanting into the egg... it's the egg fixing itself to the uterus?

You guys are so helpful!!!

Yes, You ovulate which releases the egg. Then the sperm meets the egg and it is no longer a sperm and egg but rather a zygote that travels down the fallopian tube for 6-12 days or something like that then the zygote (not egg or sperm) fixes itself to the uterine lining. Then it begins dividing more and produces HCG which is detected on a pregnacy test.

Oooooh 5dpo mine is still travelin lol many thanks 4 that info xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"