Confused by my recent emotions

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
recently I've become more and more upset and broody and I don't know how to cope really.

We've just bought a 3 bed home due to move in the next few weeks. I'm 24 and oh is 30. Both have great stable jobs as well.

I seem to have more and more friends with small children or announcing pregnancies. 2 alone this week one from an old uni friend and one from a close colleague/friend.

My period was due last Tuesday and I was away on holiday. It arrived wth utter avengance on Saturday lots of heavy heavy bleeding. I stupidly spent 4 days thinking I could be pregnant and I was so Excited. So was gutted when my period did arrive. Oh doesn't want kids for another year or more as he wants to enjoy life (plus we have only been together 6 months fast I know but my past relationships have made me more clear on who I want).
When we were very newly together a colleague of ohs announced she was pregnant. She and oh had a one night stand before we met and he spent some time worried the baby was his. It wasn't but it really tested us at the start.

Anyhow this thread is just a jumble mix of emotions. I really yearn for a baby. I miss the early pregnancies symptoms the positive test result. For years (havnt been pregnant since I was 18) I have settled on focussong on getting my job stable and getting a good stable relationships and home. But since I thought I was pregnant and all these announcements I just feel more and more those emotions I went through previously. It hurts. Ido tea to wait any longer :(

:hugs:. I felt like this while I was wtt for our 1st. I had a mc and it totally pushed my broodiness overboard. What helped me somewhat was planning in steps, so that instead of waiting 2 years to ttc I was waiting 3 months to move to a bigger place with room for a LO, then 3 months until we got married, then 3 months until I got off birth control... just an example but that kind of thing. 3 months until the next step in getting baby ready is easier to handle than a long wait to ttc and feels more proactive.

I agree. I felt totally overwhelmed WTT. I looked at the smaller goals, coming off BC and starting multivits. Tracking my cycles, using opk's. I know my OH thought I was being silly when we weren't even trying but it made me feel better, like I was doing something constructive while I waited. It can be tough. Maybe, if funds allow, book a nice holiday so you've really got something to focus on. Xx

I'm just back from holiday maybe that's the issue I have holiday blues! I'm going to speak to my oh about looking to try start of next year as by then we will have settled at our house etc :)

Buying a house must be a real trigger for broodiness as you have a family home ready and waiting! I think maybe discussing it with him so you have an idea of a goal and "countdown" would be the way to go, but, as difficult as it may sound, I would really try to treasure this time together without children, you only get it the once and with such a whirlwind relationship there will be so much to learn about each other- this is exciting and fun, you're in a really fun stage of your life right now especially with the house as well, I would try to make the most of that and it'll make the next stage, that will come, easier and more fun too xx

That's true pearl I guess we are in a good position and we want to go to Canada so aiming for that first and then maybe a baby

I understand how you feel hun. I am getting to that age where friends are announcing pregnancies a lot, and it's driving my broodiness crazy. I am only 20 so I know I have a lot of time left. But my fiance and I both have stable jobs, we just got a new car and just bought our 3 bedroom condo together. We're aiming to TTC in late Jan. Early Feb, barring anything that prevents us from trying, be it a change in work situation or something like that. It seems like forever to wait when everyone else is announcing pregnancies and whatnot. It's been crazy lately because one of my best friends, has a 13 month old *almost 14 month old * son and just found out like a week or two ago that she is pregnant again, and I am so jealous. I am super happy for her, but still so jealous. So I understand the over whelming emotions.

Yeah its definately difficult I think I struggle because I havnt really had the
Overwhelming desire for years I mean me and my ex were together 2 and a half years and we're going to try in Sept but split before that but that was him
Driving it more than me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->